CHAMPIONS LEAGUE DRAW 11.00 BST - build up and reaction

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ldhawan » Fri Dec 16, 2005 6:42 pm

so our sixth cup gonna be goldplated i assume?? :D
ldhawan

Postby Benfica » Fri Dec 16, 2005 6:53 pm

MilitiaRusher wrote:
greenred wrote:
Benfica wrote:I guess you Liverpool fans are too optimistic for the knockout with Benfica.A week ago we beat a team which is front of you in the League and you say we are mediocre and weak?For God sake..

Only Chelsea ahead of us in the league mate.You didnt play them.

Don't worry, Greenred isn't a representation of the fans in here.

I see..This is what is in the premierleague.com:

Team Pld Pts
Chelsea 16 43
Man Utd 16 34
Liverpool 15 31
Tottenham 16 30

I understand that Benfica was more preferable than Bayern Munchen or Real Madrid,but many of you are already thinking in next round's opponent..By one side,this is good for us 'coz the pressure is all above Liverpool:if we lose,it's considered normal(you're European Champions);if we win,it will be noticed all over the world as a big scandal(as it happened with Man United :-]).
Benfica

Postby mighty mo » Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:04 pm

beating man united is not a world scandal,they are not the name they used to be,there dominance is over,LIVERPOOL are BACK!!!!!!!!!!
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:13 pm

Benfica wrote:1.) We,Benfica fans,all believe that is possible to beat L'pool(we would be less hopeful if Juve,Barça or Milan faced us!).

2.) Good luck to you in the League,although the champion is already found :)

You like contradicting yourself, don't you?

1.) We knocked Juve AND Milan out of the CL last season.

2.) If WE shouldn't assume victory over your lot 2-3 months ahead of the tie, what gives you the right to assume Sh*tski will win the title in 5 months time?

Care to explain yourself?

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:14 pm

Oh, and BTW:

Man U are sh*t, and are infront of us in the league only because they started well, while we drew a lot of games.
Unless they spend a fortune in January, they will finish outside the top 4.

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benfica » Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:28 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:
Benfica wrote:1.) We,Benfica fans,all believe that is possible to beat L'pool(we would be less hopeful if Juve,Barça or Milan faced us!).

2.) If WE shouldn't assume victory over your lot 2-3 months ahead of the tie, what gives you the right to assume Sh*tski will win the title in 5 months time?

There are no contradictions.

About the 1st point..Last year has already gone - it's past.Just giving an example:the two teams which played the UEFA Cup final last year are already out of Europe.
Going ahead,I consider Juventus the best european team at this moment.They're huge and are much better than last year,specially by Vieira's entry in the team and by Camoranesi's improvement.
I put AC Milan and Liverpool at the same quality level(maybe L'pool is even superior to Milan due to their irregularity),although we have a really bad tradition against them.

About the 2nd point..If Chelsea keeps an advantage of 8/9/10 points after these 4 December games,I bet they will win the League again.I don't believe Chelsea will lose consistency and strenght during the year.Mourinho "gives" me that certainty but that's not of your pleasure,of course :;):
Benfica

Postby NYCJuveFan » Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:33 pm

Hey guys,

I think there is no easy draw at this point.
Benfica-Liverpool is gonna be interesting, but IMO I consider LFC as strong favourites, but you never know.
Juve are favourites too, but we should NOT underestimate anyone.
Real-Arsenal, nice draw, but have you seen Real playing this year? If they don't change, they'll be kicked out.
Chelsea-Barcelona. I wanted that. To me it's 50/50. Barcelona plays a wide-open fun game, but that is what Chelsea likes. And we saw it last season....
NYCJuveFan

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:36 pm

Benfica wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:

About the 1st point..Last year has already gone - it's past.Just giving an example:the two teams which played the UEFA Cup final last year are already out of Europe.
Going ahead,I consider Juventus the best european team at this moment.They're huge and are much better than last year,specially by Vieira's entry in the team and by Camoranesi's improvement.
I put AC Milan and Liverpool at the same quality level(maybe L'pool is even superior to Milan due to their irregularity),although we have a really bad tradition against them.

About the 2nd point..If Chelsea keeps an advantage of 8/9/10 points after these 4 December games,I bet they will win the League again.I don't believe Chelsea will lose consistency and strenght during the year.Mourinho "gives" me that certainty but that's not of your pleasure,of course :;):

I should read it again if you think there are no contadictions.

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:40 pm

Great drwa all round. some big teams will go out, look at Bayern and AC wow.

Benfica, will fear, us we need not fear anyone in Europe , we have proved that already.

Great Draw.. haha Chelsea and Ar.se :D
Last edited by zarababe on Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:42 pm

It should be a good game, Benfica are much better than many are suggesting. As much as we all can't stand Manure, they are still a decent outfit and it was a really good performance by Benfica to come from behind and put them out. I think it will be very low scoring and tight.
All that said, it's certainly a draw which could have been a lot worse for Liverpool. Benfica would probably have been most fans second choice out of the options available. It's also worth bearing in mind that Benfica would probably rather play us than the likes of Barcelona as well so both teams have been given a chance to progress. My feeling is that Liverpool may go down 2-1 over there but prevail thanks to a 1-0 at home. Definately those fans who are assuming that we are already through are being over optimistic in my view.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benfica » Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:51 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:
Benfica wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:

I should read it again if you think there are no contadictions.

Care to show and explain me where the contradictions are?
Benfica

Postby greenred » Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:53 pm

Benfica wrote:I see..This is what is in the premierleague.com:

Team Pld Pts
Chelsea 16 43
Man Utd 16 34
Liverpool 15 31
Tottenham 16 30

Yeah,your right.I forgot utd played a game on Wednesday. :D
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:55 pm

MilitiaRusher wrote:Don't worry, Greenred isn't a representation of the fans in here.

What do you mean by that exactly ???
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:59 pm

Care to show and explain me where the contradictions are?

It's obvious. The champions is already found, indeed: Liverpool. Thus the first premise is sh*t, as you can't beat a champion.

Look man, not that we are confident, everybody says we're favourites. Of course we are confident, among the teams, we always wanted Benfica rather than the Germans or PSV, for instance. It's that simple.

As I say it's not a matter of what I think or we think, look how are the odds, look what the press says, ask every forum, and they'll undoubtly will say: Liverpool are favourites.

And we don't bloody care that you dream on beating us.

TOugh? of course it's going to be, Betis wasn't easy neither, but we'll go through if everything is normal, because we are a better team. Plus Liverpool never understimates and gives everything no matter if they have a well known team like Benfica or unknown as Saprissa, so you can't count on that factor neither.
Last edited by Sabre on Fri Dec 16, 2005 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ste123lfc » Fri Dec 16, 2005 8:03 pm

Listen Benfica, you are going to get your ar se kicked, end of. :D  :D  :D  :D
From Shankly to Brendan we follow our team, Rome to Istanbul we've all lived the dream. Our journey is long, our goal stays the same, to keep for our children the famous red name.
ste123lfc
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion