Cesar stalling any progress with real deal.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby el_stinger » Sun Jan 09, 2005 2:37 pm

Hi guys,
Happy New Year and all that, been a while since i last posted, and i bring some news from skysports.com. Seems Cesar is stalling any move from Real to Liverpool in order to gain a longer deal with the club. Here's the report:

Cesar stalling on Reds move
by Adam Marshall -  created on 9 Jan 2005

Liverpool's £7 million double bid for Fernando Morientes and Cesar has still to be pushed through, but negotiations are continuing with Real Madrid.

Reds boss Rafa Benitez wants to raid his homeland for the Real duo and is keen to thrash out a package that will include both Spain striker Morientes and keeper Cesar.

However, things are not running smoothly as Cesar sought an urgent meeting with Real official Emilio Butragueno to clarify his future at El Santiago Bernabeu.

The keeper is viewed as a back-up option for Jerzy Dudek with Chris Kirkland sidelined through injury, and he is only being offered a short-term deal until the end of the season.

Cesar wants a longer deal on the table before considering a move to The Premiership and talks are continuing but Spanish sources claim Real may yet reject the €10 million bid for the two players, in any case.

Of course, a forward remains the priority for Benitez and the Anfield club are hopeful Morientes can be lured to Liverpool.

The experienced hit-man has a proven pedigree and, although not eligible for the UEFA Champions League, would represent an exciting signing.

Manchester City striker Nicolas Anelka, for all the talk of a move to Fenerbahce, remains a target for the Merseysiders and Benitez is wisely keeping his options open in order to obtain the best possible deal for Liverpool.

Morientes has plenty of admirers from elsewhere but is said to prefer a move to Anfield and the lack of firm bids from other clubs means The Reds are able to patiently wait for Real to lower their valuation of the Spaniard.

Lets hope this all works out bloody soon, as we need these two in the training grounds real quick.

Saludos.
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Sun Jan 09, 2005 3:33 pm

Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Sun Jan 09, 2005 4:31 pm

Oh from bad to worst we are now consdering an injury prone keeper from Real madrid great ??? and people say Kirkland is injury prone???
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sun Jan 09, 2005 6:03 pm

man, all this transfer ping pong is killing me....i think the best thing to do is not to think about it. I mean, earlier i was pretty sure we will be seeing morientas in our jersey tomorrow.... and now it goes back to square one.

Heard that owen will be shown the door. Lets just get him back....
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:10 pm

Deserves its own thread.
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:12 pm

No it doesn't read other thread which are to do with the subject your posting :;):
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:33 am

Lets just get him back

You think Madrid would give Owen for less than 8 million? You got another thing comming, we would make no profit by buying him back if we were to pay more than what we sold him for.

Owen obiviously didn't want to be part of the Rafa's plans otherwise he would had stayed and signed the contract he said he was going to sign for months and months.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby L-type » Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:56 am

I'm pretty sure any fool watchin us like I'm sure Owen has while he's sat on the bench has marvelled at how fast we've risen and I'm sure he'd jump at the chance to rejoin us.  And hey It would save me money because I wouldn't have to buy a morientes jersey and could wear my old Owen one.
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Jan 10, 2005 1:00 am

Once again you're missing the point, Madrid aren't going to sell him back to us for the same price we sold him to them. It's not going to happen, we would be making a bad business move if we got him for the same or less price than what we sold him for.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby el_stinger » Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:59 am

Paul C wrote:No it doesn't read other thread which are to do with the subject your posting :;):

Jesus dude, have a cry.  ???
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:22 am

el_stinger wrote:
Paul C wrote:No it doesn't read other thread which are to do with the subject your posting :;):

Jesus dude, have a cry.  ???

If you were a regular you'd understand what I was says  :p  :;):
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maximus » Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:18 am

A.B. wrote:Once again you're missing the point, Madrid aren't going to sell him back to us for the same price we sold him to them. It's not going to happen, we would be making a bad business move if we got him for the same or less price than what we sold him for.

Sorry AB I dont understand your point, saying it would be bad business if we got him LESS than what we sold him for. Thats good business in my book. I think your letting your emotions over rule your logic of thinking :D 

I would rather pay 8million for Owen than Anelka anyday of the week. Although it probably will not happen any way
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby Red_Si » Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:58 am

L-type wrote:I'm sure he'd jump at the chance to rejoin us. 

Bobbins. We are one place below what we were last season - how have we risen?

Yes, we play more attacking football but we are still inconsistent.
Red_Si

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:05 pm

Will you shut up you tart!

We've got two things now that we didn't have this time last year, 1) hope 2) Rafa

Things look great for the future, don't be a tart and write us off too soon.

tart
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:06 pm

Lee J wrote:Will you shut up you tart!

We've got two things now that we didn't have this time last year, 1) hope 2) Rafa

Things look great for the future, don't be a tart and write us off too soon.

tart

Well said Lee  :)
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion