Centre backs & right wingers - (who would you sign)

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby El Nino_#9 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:24 pm

drummerphil wrote:but people over 30 (nearly 40) such as me dont used it,so english please

i know mate.
thats why is was explaining what text talk was to H_K_LFC, because he didn't know what it meant.
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Sat Aug 20, 2005 2:14 am

I really like Henrique Ewerthon
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Sat Aug 20, 2005 2:17 am

I really like Henrique Ewerthon, i think for his age he has great potential and skill. Watched a game on fox sports world last year, and he played really well. Im not sure how much he would cost, but it wouldnt be cheap.
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 76-1115222408 » Sat Aug 20, 2005 4:43 am

I dont think anyone has mentioned this guy ever in the forum and that includes 70 odd rumour thread pages :D , is Ricardo Quaresma!!! 
He has got a lot of ability, but I have heard he can be a tad temperamental!!! But what I have seen of him (when at Barca) and additional highlights on Eurosport while at Porto are promising!!

He has a lot of skill and a good cross, though he is not lightning fast, he does take defenders on and try and get to the byline!!!
I suppose he would be our equivalent to C.Roonaldo (though not as stepover happy!) in the skill and entertainment department!!
Well he was keeping Garcia out of the team at Barca, but fell out with Rijkaard and that was him done really at Barca, hence him being used in the negotiations and subsequent transfer of Deco to Barcelona!!

I'd say go for it, if the price was right, but ten again, if it was a real possibilty I think we would already have him, as Rafa knows him (im not saying personally, just he saw him play!) from his time in Spain and knows what he is all about, maybe he just feels he isnt suited to the EPL, because he does go down quickly, much in the same wasy Ronaldo did when he first arrived in England!!!

Thats my two cents on who to buy!!!

PS, Whoever said Lucio, excellent shout, was class since his Bayer Leverkusen days, but as for realistic target, I would say Andrade or maube even L.King from Tottenha or even try and capitalise on the Carvalho drama at Chelsea (though my alsoute number one choice would be Gallas, I think he would complement Carra PERFECTLY!!!, also so versatile in times of trouble ie; can play LB/RB!!).
76-1115222408

Postby GunGod » Sat Aug 20, 2005 5:44 am

figo :p

realistically. brett emerton would be good. n cheap.
GunGod

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Sat Aug 20, 2005 5:47 am

LIVERPOOLANYTIME wrote:I dont think anyone has mentioned this guy ever in the forum and that includes 70 odd rumour thread pages :D , is Ricardo Quaresma!!! 
He has got a lot of ability, but I have heard he can be a tad temperamental!!! But what I have seen of him (when at Barca) and additional highlights on Eurosport while at Porto are promising!!

He has a lot of skill and a good cross, though he is not lightning fast, he does take defenders on and try and get to the byline!!!
I suppose he would be our equivalent to C.Roonaldo (though not as stepover happy!) in the skill and entertainment department!!
Well he was keeping Garcia out of the team at Barca, but fell out with Rijkaard and that was him done really at Barca, hence him being used in the negotiations and subsequent transfer of Deco to Barcelona!!

I'd say go for it, if the price was right, but ten again, if it was a real possibilty I think we would already have him, as Rafa knows him (im not saying personally, just he saw him play!) from his time in Spain and knows what he is all about, maybe he just feels he isnt suited to the EPL, because he does go down quickly, much in the same wasy Ronaldo did when he first arrived in England!!!

PS, Whoever said Lucio, excellent shout, was class since his Bayer Leverkusen days, but as for realistic target, I would say Andrade or maube even L.King from Tottenha or even try and capitalise on the Carvalho drama at Chelsea (though my alsoute number one choice would be Gallas, I think he would complement Carra PERFECTLY!!!, also so versatile in times of trouble ie; can play LB/RB!!).

i would have to agree with the quaresma nomination, alot of skill and has a great cross to him.
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GunGod » Sat Aug 20, 2005 5:51 am

The Canadian Red Army wrote:
LIVERPOOLANYTIME wrote:I dont think anyone has mentioned this guy ever in the forum and that includes 70 odd rumour thread pages :D , is Ricardo Quaresma!!! 

i would have to agree with the quaresma nomination, alot of skill and has a great cross to him.

from the few games ive seen him play, yes he's skilled. but terribly, terribly selfish on the ball i.e. not a team player.
GunGod

Postby 76-1115222408 » Sat Aug 20, 2005 6:16 am

GunGod wrote:
The Canadian Red Army wrote:

from the few games ive seen him play, yes he's skilled. but terribly, terribly selfish on the ball i.e. not a team player.

Yea, I wont lie, I did think the same, but if we had it from Baros, whats the difference  :D !!

No, but seriously, I think that, that can be worked on (if it is still prevalent, as I dint see too much of him last season to say so!!) seen as he is still 22, or on the verge/just turned 23!

I know we have some class players already, but it would be nice to see 'an entertainer' at Anfield (I know sounds bad, but just for the sake of it we should have one, WE ARE LIVERPOOL after all, and need a TRUE entertainer).

Don get me wrong I am not shallow in football terms, but it would be nice to see certain highlight clips include some Liverpool clips.

example go to this link, and the only one we have (and IMO its the cackest skill in the whole clip) is from Harry f.ucking Kewell!!!

http://www.spikedhumor.com/Article.aspx?id=610

But I wouldnt take a player like this if they wouldnt really also have a real effect on our fortunes, such as Okocha has (though not last season reallly!) at Bolton etc;

Just looking at it in terms of an aesthetic point of view, rather than anything else!! (However thats NOT why I mentioned Quaresma in the first place!!).
76-1115222408

Postby LFC #1 » Sat Aug 20, 2005 9:04 am

I thought of him as well, but I prefer Simao tbh as it seems Scolari and the Portuguese national team selectors.

Although Quaresema does have a hell of a lot of talent, but like Simao he failed at Barca.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Joel » Sat Aug 20, 2005 9:17 am

I don't understand why Benitez sold Henchoz(one of the very best defenders) and took Pellegrino. Now he is complaining about the need for a defender. Henchoz's pairing and understanding with Hyphia was excellant. They were one of the factors of the Liverpool of 2001. If Benitez wants a defender, I would certainly recomend Henchoz. Nunez and Murphy were good at the right but he sold them too. He may be a master tactician, but his consistency in reconizing talent is quite bad.
Joel

Postby liverpoolrich » Sat Aug 20, 2005 9:31 am

joaquin and ayala
image/jpeg
liverpoolrich

Postby kopite » Sat Aug 20, 2005 7:56 pm

Joaquin is playing tonite against barca on sky sports watch him .
kopite

Postby red37 » Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:35 pm

just a thought considering this player was spoken of at length some time ago...
but what happened to philipe mexes?
last time i heard of him he was "in the shop window" so to speak, i know this was maybe 2 seasons ago?

just wondered if he was still a viable choice?

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby is-stan-bul » Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:49 pm

I'd definately like to see either Joaquin or Simao on our right; especially Joaquin just so we could all buzz off Motty on MOTD getting him and Stevie G totally confused in commentary:D
is-stan-bul

Postby LFC #1 » Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:14 pm

red37 wrote:just a thought considering this player was spoken of at length some time ago...
but what happened to philipe mexes?
last time i heard of him he was "in the shop window" so to speak, i know this was maybe 2 seasons ago?

just wondered if he was still a viable choice?

Talented player, but has had had a lot of disciplinzry problems at Roma. Seems to have a short fuse and get booked a lot, wouldn't want him tbh. If we were going for Frenchman I'd prefer Gallas or even Boumsong.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion