Centre backs & right wingers - (who would you sign)

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Fri Aug 19, 2005 6:08 pm

everything's gone quiet on the van der meyde front. i heard everton, spurs et al were interested in him as he's been out of favour at inter for some time now. we could certainly do a lot worse.

we missed the boat with jemaine pennant imo. forget his misdemeanours off the pitch, on it i think he's a class act.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby red37 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 6:11 pm

i thought about gronkjaer myself john. might be a reasonable shout considering he's unsettled by all account.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby JC_81 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 6:14 pm

red37 wrote:i thought about gronkjaer myself john. might be a reasonable shout considering he's unsettled by all account.

Yeah.  To be honest though, I haven't seen him play since he left England.  If he's still as quick as he used to be and is unsettled as you say then I think we could do worse.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 6:20 pm

well, although not lighting any fires in copenhagen, he looked up to speed...and with the overall performance by the danes outshining the premiership players, who knows?

if pushed and if available (doubt) id love to see schweinsteiger.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Fri Aug 19, 2005 6:24 pm

Not really a fan of Jesper Gronkjaer, is he really better than Rommadahl who struggles to get in the Charlton side.

I think Andy Van Der Mayde is so overrated, definitely don’t want him or Gronkjaer.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stoney » Fri Aug 19, 2005 6:33 pm

i wouldn't want gronkjaer here as cisse is even better than him on the wing and that aint even his position. gronkjaer always does the same thing when hes out wide which is some would call a riise of knocking the ball infront and using his pace to out run his man, he never cuts inside neither does he usually take part in any build up play, he just stays there out wide. The only positive I can say is that the way he plays on the wing like i've said above, he puts a hell of a lot of crosses in which el moro could knock a few of them in. Anyway I swear he just signed for a new club from atletico ???
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 6:41 pm

think its VFB Stuttgart stoney

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby stoney » Fri Aug 19, 2005 6:51 pm

yeah I knew it was german team, he obviously aint good enough if he had to move so quickly and chelsea didnt want him either.
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stoney » Fri Aug 19, 2005 6:52 pm

neither did brum for that matter :laugh:
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:03 pm

john craig wrote:I'll probably be taken apart for this suggestion, but I still rate Gronkjaer, I think he'd be good on the right.  I know he was inconsistent for Chelsea, but he has superb pace and he was one player I always worried about when we played against Chelsea.  He wouldn't cost much and maybe Rafa would be able to get a bit more end product out of him than previous managers

Van der Meyde is another one I like who has been discussed on here in the past

i wouldnt really like to see him at anfield, he blows too hot and cold and his crossing is awful - two in the stands for every one in the box. i will say this about him though, apart from thierry henry he`s the only other player i`ve ever seen really take carragher the cleaners good style. it was at anfield and i dont know if jamie just had a bad day but gronkjaer was outstanding that day.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby H_K_LFC » Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:40 pm

bigmick wrote:Text speak mate. It's up to of course, but I really think you make your point so much more effectively if you write it in English.

youv lost me  ???
H_K_LFC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby joependo » Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:53 pm

I would have to go with christiano Ronaldo would be brill for us.He is about 19 to 22 and what skills he has.Andrade would be great for us a cb great
joependo

Postby skipper » Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:10 pm

joaquin and terry

but salihamidzic and andrade works.
You'll Never Walk Alone

RIP Phil
skipper
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby El Nino_#9 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:20 pm

H_K_LFC wrote:
bigmick wrote:Text speak mate. It's up to of course, but I really think you make your point so much more effectively if you write it in English.

youv lost me  ???

text talk is basically this-

2 = to
4= for
cnt= cant
b4= before.

etc.
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:22 pm

but people over 30 (nearly 40) such as me dont used it,so english please
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion