"carroll worth f*** all"

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Kenny Kan » Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:52 pm

Derek Llambias, the man who brokered the deal that made Andy Carroll the most expensive Englishman in football history, has sensationally claimed: “He’s worth f*** all!”

The Toon MD’s disparaging verdict on England striker Carroll (below) came when he was giving a group of Newcastle fans an insight into the £35million deal that took the England striker to Liverpool in January.

Llambias insists that Newcastle got the better of the deal.

The Anfield club’s first bid was £30m and Llambias told the fans: “I have to admit that £30m for Andy Carroll is a lot of money.”

When one supporter asked him “Is he worth £30m?” Llambias responded: “No — he’s worth f*** all.” He then explains that after rejecting the £30m offer, Newcastle refused to sell even for £35m unless Liverpool paid the entire fee up front.

A move that forced Liverpool to ask Chelsea to increase their first instalment of the £50m they had already agreed to pay for Fernando Torres!

Llambias explained: “It is about control.

“We had the control. We knew the Torres deal was there.

“We drew that f****** deal, perhaps the ultimate.

“So £30m? F*** off! Don’t waste my time and I slammed the phone down.

“£35m? Everybody including Pardew [manager Alan Pardew] all agreed.

“But the £35m they wanted to pay over four years. It was rubbish. Mike (Ashley) said — and he is a brave boy Mike I promise you — get all the £35m up front.

“We got it all up front and then they never paid us on time and we charged them 12 grand f****** interest.”

[url=http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Liverpool-striker-Andy-Carroll-worth-f-all-claims-Newcastle-MD-Derek-Llambias-article82981
5.html]http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news....15.html[/url]

Classy.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby RichardLFC1 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:59 pm

30th december will show Newcastle how much he is worth

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:33 pm

He shouldnt be gobbing off like that and its unprofessional but the worst thing is there is truth in the words and thats whats annoying. Cash up front and £12k in interest ffs. Bending over like that for that fat fecker Ashley, we have to be better than this in future negotiatians, makes my blood boil.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:31 pm

parchpea wrote:He shouldnt be gobbing off like that and its unprofessional but the worst thing is there is truth in the words and thats whats annoying. Cash up front and £12k in interest ffs. Bending over like that for that fat fecker Ashley, we have to be better than this in future negotiatians, makes my blood boil.

He could be true in his words, but where is the professionalism?
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:01 pm

I'm glad he said it. Gives something extra for Andy Carroll to prove.

Also can't see him getting much work through us in the near future
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:03 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:I'm glad he said it. Gives something extra for Andy Carroll to prove.

Also can't see him getting much work through us in the near future

Exactly.  Let Andy Carroll decide what he's worth.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby tubby » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:22 pm

Were not gonna see much of what he is really worth until the likes of Downing and Henderson start pulling their thumbs out. Carroll is one of those players that needs the players around him to make him look good. That's not a slant on him but it's just the sort of player he is.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:54 pm

tubby wrote:Were not gonna see much of what he is really worth until the likes of Downing and Henderson start pulling their thumbs out. Carroll is one of those players that needs the players around him to make him look good. That's not a slant on him but it's just the sort of player he is.

When he was at Newcastle he had people with the ability to play the ball into the box.  Barton was good at it and so was Nolan.  We have Hendo, Downing, Adam, and when fit Stevie, all who in theory should be able to match the abilities of Nolan and Barton.

But like you said, some players aren't pulling their weight.  Adam never seems to hit Carroll, and Hendo and Downing have just not been good enough.  I think Downing has been quite unlucky not to grab a couple assists, but we bought him to supply Andy and he's not doing his job.

I'm hoping that when Stevie's back him and Carroll will get some time together, and I think that will really help.
ethanr

Postby Woollyback » Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:23 pm

Kenny Kan wrote:Derek Llambias, the man who brokered the deal that made Andy Carroll the most expensive Englishman in football history, has sensationally claimed: “He’s worth f*** all!”

The Toon MD’s disparaging verdict on England striker Carroll (below) came when he was giving a group of Newcastle fans an insight into the £35million deal that took the England striker to Liverpool in January.

The Anfield club’s first bid was £30m and Llambias told the fans: “I have to admit that £30m for Andy Carroll is a lot of money.”

When one supporter asked him “Is he worth £30m?” Llambias responded: “No — he’s worth f*** all.” He then explains that after rejecting the £30m offer, Newcastle refused to sell even for £35m unless Liverpool paid the entire fee up front.

A move that forced Liverpool to ask Chelsea to increase their first instalment of the £50m they had already agreed to pay for Fernando Torres!

“But the £35m they wanted to pay over four years. It was rubbish. Mike (Ashley) said — and he is a brave boy Mike I promise you — get all the £35m up front.

“We got it all up front and then they never paid us on time and we charged them 12 grand f****** interest.”

[url=http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Liverpool-striker-Andy-Carroll-worth-f-all-claims-Newcastle-MD-Derek-Llambias-article82981

Classy.

best team talk ever for liverpool the day we play the barcodes

big club my erse
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:59 pm

Kenny Kan wrote:Derek Llambias, the man who brokered the deal that made Andy Carroll the most expensive Englishman in football history, has sensationally claimed: “He’s worth f*** all!”

Classy.

Kenny should stick that on the wall in the dressing room
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mart » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:22 am

parchpea wrote:He shouldnt be gobbing off like that and its unprofessional but the worst thing is there is truth in the words and thats whats annoying. Cash up front and £12k in interest ffs. Bending over like that for that fat fecker Ashley, we have to be better than this in future negotiatians, makes my blood boil.

There is truth in what he says, but the guy acts like a :censored: and this will only cause problems for himself.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:31 am

I thought that was Kenny talking about Torres for a moment?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:04 am

We got done up the tea-towel holder - that's a given

BUT Mr Llambias, Carroll is worth 10M, not "f*** all" at least get it right you greedy little parasite!
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:38 am

He's mouthing off like that because Newcastle are riding high in the league at the moment, like all previous Newcastle teams I bet they drop like a stone in the new year.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:53 am

Newcastle fans don't even like this guy.  They hate him.
ethanr

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion