"carroll worth f*** all"

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:45 pm

Kerry07 wrote:Poor Thommo STILL waiting for a bite. :laugh:

Been stuck on that riverbank for months... not a ripple. :( Stay strong soldier!

If only youd have carried on ignoring me
I would have stopped...
:eyebrow
:hearts
Thommo's perm

Postby zarababe » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:14 am

.. old news - JW Henry said the amout we wanted to pay was up to Newcastle..

The fee for Torres was dependent on what Newcastle asked for Carroll," Henry said, explaining that Liverpool wanted Carroll, plus £15m, to replace Torres. Together with the £6m sale of Ryan Babel to Hoffenheim, that effectively financed Liverpool's £22.8m signing of Luis Suárez, meaning the club bought two strikers but net, spent almost nothing. "The negotiation for us was simply the difference in prices paid by Chelsea and to Newcastle," Henry said. "Those prices could have been £35m [from Chelsea for Torres] and £20m [to Newcastle for Carroll], 40 and 25 or 50 and 35. It was ultimately up to Newcastle how much this was all going to cost. They [Newcastle] made a hell of a deal. We felt the same way."

:p

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport....verpool
Last edited by zarababe on Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:25 am

zarababe wrote:.. old news - JW Henry said the amout we wanted to pay was up to Newcastle..

The fee for Torres was dependent on what Newcastle asked for Carroll," Henry said, explaining that Liverpool wanted Carroll, plus £15m, to replace Torres. Together with the £6m sale of Ryan Babel to Hoffenheim, that effectively financed Liverpool's £22.8m signing of Luis Suárez, meaning the club bought two strikers but net, spent almost nothing. "The negotiation for us was simply the difference in prices paid by Chelsea and to Newcastle," Henry said. "Those prices could have been £35m [from Chelsea for Torres] and £20m [to Newcastle for Carroll], 40 and 25 or 50 and 35. It was ultimately up to Newcastle how much this was all going to cost. They [Newcastle] made a hell of a deal. We felt the same way."

:p

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport....verpool

So Newcastle made 35m, we bought 2 strikers (1 is a great player, the other is yet to prove him self) and sold 1 striker and Chelsea spent 50m on a striker who doesn't have the ability to score. Hehe, guess who is the loser in this whole deal :D.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Kerry07 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:50 am

Thing is though we cannot use what Torres has done (hasn't done) at Chelsea as some sort of plus for us in the deal. Yes hes done the sum total of diddly at the plastics, however, with us he would have around the 30 goal tally. Under Kenny he scored 3 in 4, THEN we signed Suarez (who would have been an incredible provider), and then he f'cked off.

One look at Torres stats.. before Liverpool (1 goal every 2.6 games).. at Liverpool (1 goal every 1.85 games)... after Liverpool (1 goal every 9 games)... as well as with the Spanish national team (1 goal every 3.1 games)... shows Liverpool was made for him. We play(ed) in a fast counter attacking manner which crucially meant Torres had space to run into (he needs room to maneouver), Gerrard sliding through balls. With all his other teams its a much slower possession build up, the ball almost walked up to the opposing box.. which is then too congested for Torres. Hes like a horse that needs room to roam (runs the channels).

I will always be disgusted at Torres for not giving Kenny a chance (he had 3 goals in 4 and a new partner who would have complimented him).. his coldness shocked me tbh. The way Chelsea are set up (slow build up) is not tailored to him, plus theres no Gerrard sliding it through. I hope he continues to flop before heading off back to Spain. He is the fastest player to 50 goals for us and yet he will never be warmly thought of here.
"Its not just any other club" C.Tyldsley
"Liverpool are a special institution" X.Alonso
"Anfield es un templo de fútbol" AS
"The English club prove miracles do exist" D.Maradona
"Theres not one club in the world so united with its fans. Liverpool fans sent shivers down my spine" J.Cruyff
Kerry07

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:34 am

Kerry07 wrote:Thing is though we cannot use what Torres has done (hasn't done) at Chelsea as some sort of plus for us in the deal. Yes hes done the sum total of diddly at the plastics, however, with us he would have around the 30 goal tally. Under Kenny he scored 3 in 4, THEN we signed Suarez (who would have been an incredible provider), and then he f'cked off.

One look at Torres stats.. before Liverpool (1 goal every 2.6 games).. at Liverpool (1 goal every 1.85 games)... after Liverpool (1 goal every 9 games)... as well as with the Spanish national team (1 goal every 3.1 games)... shows Liverpool was made for him. We play(ed) in a fast counter attacking manner which crucially meant Torres had space to run into (he needs room to maneouver), Gerrard sliding through balls. With all his other teams its a much slower possession build up, the ball almost walked up to the opposing box.. which is then too congested for Torres. Hes like a horse that needs room to roam (runs the channels).

I will always be disgusted at Torres for not giving Kenny a chance (he had 3 goals in 4 and a new partner who would have complimented him).. his coldness shocked me tbh. The way Chelsea are set up (slow build up) is not tailored to him, plus theres no Gerrard sliding it through. I hope he continues to flop before heading off back to Spain. He is the fastest player to 50 goals for us and yet he will never be warmly thought of here.

:laugh:
You MUST be a politician to think that your spin is fooling us. Statistics...deary me. Torres IS woeful! Fact!! Would he have been better staying with us? Maybe. But to say "he would have around the 30 goal tally" is as funny as it is ridiculous. We have no way of knowing what would have happened.
I have said Torres needs love which he got at Athletico and then us, which is why he was the player he was. But he had made his mind up after Rafa was sacked that he has been betrayed. This then changed his attitude and mind set. So he WOULDNT have scored 30 if he stayed because he had already convinced himself he didnt want to be here. Your theory is sh'it and you know it. But you use it to take yet another swipe at Carroll by telling us the deal has no plusses.
Please try harder babe
:love:
Thommo's perm

Postby RedAnt » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:54 am

I think Kerry is John Motson in disgiuse. Facts. Figures. Ifs, coulds, buts. Impressive really, but where's the passion and loyalty?

Torres will wish every day that he stayed with us. I hope Carroll dosen't come to regret joining us. Personally I think the lads had an attitude change and has improved massively towards it. Now perhaps some of our fans can change their attitudes to realign with things as they stand.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby devaney » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:38 am

Thommo's perm wrote:
Kerry07 wrote:Thing is though we cannot use what Torres has done (hasn't done) at Chelsea as some sort of plus for us in the deal. Yes hes done the sum total of diddly at the plastics, however, with us he would have around the 30 goal tally. Under Kenny he scored 3 in 4, THEN we signed Suarez (who would have been an incredible provider), and then he f'cked off.

:laugh:
You MUST be a politician to think that your spin is fooling us. Statistics...deary me. Torres IS woeful! Fact!! Would he have been better staying with us? Maybe. But to say "he would have around the 30 goal tally" is as funny as it is ridiculous. We have no way of knowing what would have happened.
I have said Torres needs love which he got at Athletico and then us, which is why he was the player he was. But he had made his mind up after Rafa was sacked that he has been betrayed. This then changed his attitude and mind set. So he WOULDNT have scored 30 if he stayed because he had already convinced himself he didnt want to be here. Your theory is sh'it and you know it. But you use it to take yet another swipe at Carroll by telling us the deal has no plusses.
Please try harder babe
:love:

Torres's form had begun to drop prior to Rafa leaving. He seemed to lose some pace after recovering from injury. Torres was becoming more and more frustrated and his attitude under Hodgson like most of the team left a massive amount to be desired.However unlike some of the other players he really was struggling and just did not seem to be the same player.

When Kenny arrived Nando did look better and scored twice against Wolves and and also scored against Bolton and Blackpool. Fair to say that none of those teams are world beaters. I believe his improved effort was as much to impress other clubs as it was to impress Kenny. Nando for reasons that we don't know was prepared to consider alternative options. He had given possibly his best years to Liverpool and had had to endure the disgraceful problems created by H & G. Hodgson was the straw that finally broke the camels back and Liverpool knew this. Comolli certainly did and IMHO he successfully manipulated a record transfer deal to Chelsea. £50m was an incredible deal for a player that was almost a shadow of his former self. Torres's value after his transfer was only ever going to go down. Liverpool understandably decided to take a huge near £30m profit. Very easy to whinge and moan and say I'll never forgive Torres for not giving Kenny a chance. I wonder how bold the Nando critics would have been if it had been their responsibility to turn down Chelsea's offer on a player past his best.The deal partly funded the Suarez transfer and covered the cost of Carroll. If you can't see that it was a good deal for Liverpool then you need to get out of bitter mode.

I do not accept that Chelsea's style is simply the reason for Nando's lack of goals. He has missed some absolute sitters and even missed an open goal from five yards. His head is all over the place. His attitude on face value looks awful. Nando is simply not the player he was and when you hear several pundits describe him as a spent force, which is what happened after Chelsea's FA Cup match at the weekend, then you realise that Liverpool did the right thing.

Nando was a fantastic servant for Liverpool FC and provided the fans with some amazing memories. Nando was also Liverpool's most profitable player. I refuse to be bitter about Nando and will simply choose to remember the good times.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:02 pm

Theres nowt wrong with Nando but the longer this goes on the harder it will be for him to recover.

Galatasaray here he comes if he doesnt get over it soon.....
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:26 pm

Reg wrote:Theres nowt wrong with Nando but the longer this goes on the harder it will be for him to recover.

Then everton
:nod
Thommo's perm

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:50 pm

Thommo's perm wrote:
Reg wrote:Theres nowt wrong with Nando but the longer this goes on the harder it will be for him to recover.

Then everton
:nod

paris st germain methinks :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion