"carroll worth f*** all"

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Kenny Kan » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:37 am

or face the ire of Liverpool supporters,

Exactly, could you imagine the uproar on boards like this and amongst LFC supporters if we hadn't 'spunked' some money straight after Torres leaving, Henry would have been hung drawn and quartered by most. It, IMO was a panic buy and done probably to appease the fans as much as anything else.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Liverpool KAIGELS » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:08 am

Actually , this is what some of us would have said  if Mancs signed him for the same fee . Inflated or not , 35mp for an average player .
Liverpool KAIGELS

Postby Greavesie » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:40 am

Liverpool KAIGELS wrote:Actually , this is what some of us would have said  if Mancs signed him for the same fee . Inflated or not , 35mp for an average player .

there's a massive difference between the thoughts and views of a fanbase compared to what the chief exec of the club says - what this t0sser has said is hugely unprofessional of them as a footballing outfit

Hopefully Carroll has read this, cut the ponytail and his ready to start putting the hours in in training and hit the ground running
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Thommo's perm » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:02 pm

Deary me. Whats the world coming to?
He cost £35 mill. We can afford it. He hasnt got into gear yet. Get over it
:p
Thommo's perm

Postby stmichael » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:15 pm

Octsky wrote:Carroll aint worth 35m, that what's happens when we shop at the death,
we have only ourselves to blame.

well it hardly helps when you're number 1 centre forward slaps in a transfer request 24 hours before the deadline. you need to replace him. suarez was NOT brought as a replacement for torres, he was brought to play alongside him.

at the end of the day this price tag is always going to be a noose around the guy's neck and some fans will never forget it. had chelsea paid £35m for torres we'd only have paid £20m for carroll. newcastle drove the price up because they could. they knew we had the money.

as i said before i don't like shopping in january full stop anyway.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Thommo's perm » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:22 pm

stmichael wrote:
Octsky wrote:Carroll aint worth 35m, that what's happens when we shop at the death,

well it hardly helps when you're number 1 centre forward slaps in a transfer request 24 hours before the deadline. you need to replace him. suarez was NOT brought as a replacement for torres, he was brought to play alongside him.

at the end of the day this price tag is always going to be a noose around the guy's neck and some fans will never forget it. had chelsea paid £35m for torres we'd only have paid £20m for carroll. newcastle drove the price up because they could. they knew we had the money.

I know and I agree but do people constantly have to keep bringing it up week after week, day after day?
We all know how much he cost. We can all see whats happening on the pitch.
Enough already
Sheesh
:lookaround
Thommo's perm

Postby stmichael » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:29 pm

stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby dundreamin » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:35 pm

While people get into a hissy fit about the fee we payed for Carroll. We also got suarez for a fee which will turn out to be the BARGAIN OF THE CENTURY!!!!! Swings and roundabouts come to mind? And also 6 months earlier we could,nt afford a pot noodle, some people have such short memories
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:48 pm

stmichael wrote:This is well worth a read:

http://tomkinstimes.com/2011/11/andy-carroll-prime-target/

good post and was well worth the read.
a lot of what that guy says is noticeable in carroll already.i was there in april when he ran riot on city and he was on fire,unstoppable.
andy already is a decent player but needs coaching and when it pays off he will be a regular contributor for us.
id say carroll is seething at those comments by that muppet and for our benefit i hope its in a positive way on the pitch.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby redtrader74 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:32 pm

stmichael wrote:

We needed to replace Torres, fine, but not then, the season was not going anywhere. We would still have had £50m in the bank, it sounds like you agree that we overpaid. The price matters, it is being used now by other supporters and the media to undermine Carroll, as it will affect his confidence and it will also pressurise Kenny to play him.

I still think that he will come good to some extent, although I don't think he'll be much more than a 15-16 goal a season striker on a regular basis. It feels like we wanted him as a player but did not consider the system, the players who play quick pass and move and have a good touch have been marginalised, Maxi and Mereiles, for more functional players who may suit Carrolls style.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:50 pm

Very good article.  He's been pushed onto the scene at such a young age, but we need to stop putting so much pressure on him or it's gonna hurt him.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Dalglish » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:30 am

Newcastle .............the only club whose fans dance in the streets when they sign the next "saviour!" of their club ( Shearer/Owen/Keegan/Ba! - delete as appropriate).

We received a wad off Chelsea for Torres and duly spent a fair chunk of that on Carroll but at least we spent some of what we got unlike Newcastle who despite assuring their fans the money would be spent, haven't and they all they get is a new stadium name and a :censored: one at that !!

Carroll will come good make no mistake about that but discussions about the player based solely on the price tag aren't productive and I'm sure we will afford Carrroll a lot more patience and understanding than Torres gets at Chelsea !
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:27 am

If you cant see the sense in that article maybe you should buy a season ticket for the bitters?
:D
Thommo's perm

Postby Kenny Kan » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:14 am

Thommo's perm wrote:

If you cant see the sense in that article maybe you should buy a season ticket for the bitters?

We could sign a one legged blind man and Paul Tompkins could sell him in an article as the next Messi.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby redtrader74 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:43 am

Kenny Kan wrote:
Thommo's perm wrote:

We could sign a one legged blind man and Paul Tompkins could sell him in an article as the next Messi.

yeah he'd analyse all the other one legged players, and then not include any that were good because they have size 8 boots  :laugh:
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion