Carras new book - Boss read.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ConnO'var » Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:18 pm

Excerpts look good...... Deffo worth buying it methinks.
ConnO'var

Postby The Manhattan Project » Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:23 pm

This is the new Bible.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JamCar05 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:25 pm

The Manhattan Project wrote:This is the new Bible.

I sure hope not, the first one's a bit too long and quite frankly a bit boring aswell  :p  :D
JamCar05

Postby Number 9 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:15 pm

stmichael wrote:"When my leg was broken in an horrific tackle by Lucas Neill in September 2003, my mates were ready to hunt him down if I gave the go-ahead.

A few weeks later I received a phone call. "You won't believe this, Jay. We're in the Trafford Centre and Lucas Neill is walking straight towards us. What do you reckon?"
Did I really want Neill to take a crack? "There's only one problem," added the voice. "Little Davey Thommo is with him."

That was that. I could hardly let one of my best mates, David Thompson, now a Blackburn player, become a witness to an assault. Besides he'd have recognised the attackers. The impromptu mission was aborted and I sent a text to Thommo telling him Neill should give him a hug of thanks.

As word got back to Blackburn about the near miss, or should that be hit, their coach Terry Darracott, a Scouser, appealed to one of my friends to call the boys off. I agreed."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport....0723400

:laugh:  :laugh:

Fuc'king hilarious,his mates were gonna do Lucas Neill!!
:buttrock
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby allred » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:26 pm

is it common for scousers to view themselves as being scouse and not english?
allred

Postby GYBS » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:43 pm

yes it is very common . scouse first then english
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:22 pm

Bought this today as well Stevies. Not sure which one I want to start with.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby daxy1 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:43 pm

Ciggy wrote:
stmichael wrote:
Ciggy wrote:Stan Collymore said on the radio yesterday that him & Carra hate each other, and he wanted Carra to ring the show to have an argument with him.

Carra would aswell if he was listening. His best mate Durham was slagging him off again earlier in the day aswell.

The thing is, I had a lot of time for Collymore as a pundit until he signed for that station.

Carra would shut him up in 2 seconds flat, and say atleast I dont make a t1t of meself and go on Jeremy Kyle because I get off on people having sex in cars you dirty dogging perv. :D

lol "walkin along smokin a bong doggin in a wirral country park"

sssshhhhhhhttttttaaaaaannnnnnnn!

this book is a deffo buy £11.99 play.com

daxy1
LFC Super Member

Postby Kharhaz » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:36 pm

Read some of what is written in his biography but I cant help but feel, if he wrote what he has done as notes, then when he retires add what he wants to say, it would be one of the best reads for years, biography wise. I expect a second one to come. As with Gerrard.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:55 pm

:D  :bowdown  :D
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:34 am

Sabre wrote:

Do they still stick the bible in hotel rooms? or has the mint replaced it?
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:17 am

Kharhaz wrote:
Sabre wrote:

Do they still stick the bible in hotel rooms? or has the mint replaced it?

The Giddions put them there.

Who`s ever seen a giddion? :D
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben1988 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:26 pm

""Despite this, whenever I returned home from disappointing England experiences one unshakeable, overriding thought pushed itself to the forefront of my mind, no matter how much the rest of the nation mourned. "At least it wasn't Liverpool," I'd repeat to myself, over and over.

The text messages of consolation I received on the coach included one from Kenny Dalglish. "I would rather miss for England than LFC," I wrote back.

I confess: defeats wearing an England shirt never hurt me in the same way as losing with my club. I wasn't uncaring or indifferent, I simply didn't put England's fortunes at the top of my priority list. Losing felt like a disappointment rather than a calamity.

The Liver Bird mauled the Three Lions in the fight for my loyalties. I'm not saying that's right or wrong, it's just how it is. You can't make yourself feel more passionate if the feelings aren't there. That doesn't make me feel guilty.

If people want to condemn me and say I'm unpatriotic, so be it.

Playing for Liverpool has been a full-time commitment. What followed with England was an extra honour, but not the be-all and end all of my purpose in the game."

WELL SAID JAMIE

Is it just me or do most liverpool fans feel exactly like carra...? If England play bad and lose its quite funny to me, unless Gerrard has a bad game, then its a worry, but at least he had it wearing white and not red.
Ben1988

Postby red37 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:22 pm

Carraghers version of events in the dressing room during Half-time in the Ataturk Stadium, Istanbul 25/05/05.

Jamie Carragher: What really happened at half-time in Istanbul

Tony Barratt - ECHO 06/09/08

AT half-time in the 2005 Champions League final in Istanbul, Jamie Carragher found himself staring into the abyss. AC Milan had just produced a spell-binding 45 minutes of football to leave Liverpool trailing by three goals to nil. All hopes of winning a fifth European Cup had seemingly been extinguished as Carragher and his team-mates walked into the dressing room for Rafa Benitez’s half-time team talk.

Here, in an exclusive extract from Carra: My Autobiography, Carragher talks for the first time about what exactly went on during that mythical 15 minutes and how Benitez’s inspirational intervention helped change the course of football history.

PEOPLE ask what was going through my mind in those moments before half-time. As I walked towards the dressing room, I was suffering from a depressing combination of despondency and humiliation. I couldn't bear to lift my head up and glimpse the faces in the crowd, or the banners and red jerseys scattered around the Ataturk. I looked towards the floor and saw nothing but endless dejection. My dreams had turned to dust.

I wasn't thinking about the game any more. My thoughts were with my family and friends. I was so sorry. Daft, seemingly trivial ideas scattered themselves across my mind, such as 'What will everyone at home be saying about this?' The thought of going home a laughing stock disturbed me. It would have felt like the whole city, the whole country, even the whole world was taking the mickey out of us. There was a sense of shame to go with my sorrow. The Liverpool fans had taken over the stadium and there was nothing we could do to make amends.

I almost began to regret reaching the final. All defeating Juve and Chelsea had achieved, it seemed, was to allow AC Milan to outclass us and possibly secure the greatest ever margin of victory in a European Cup final. They'd beaten Barcelona and Steaua Bucharest 4-0 in the 1994 and 1989 finals, and now I feared we'd create history for the wrong reasons, at the receiving end of a record defeat, by five or six. Keeping it at 3-0 and at the very least restoring some respectability was all that mattered to me now.

Nothing was said by the players as we returned to the dressing room. A mythical 15 minutes in the Liverpool legend was upon us, but it didn't feel that way. The trickiest test in such circumstances is ensuring you don't give up. It would have been easy for us to accept our ambitions were in tatters, that nine months of toil were going to end in catastrophe. Mentally we were all over the place, but I knew it wasn't in my nature to accept this fate. No matter how bad it was, we were going to have to face up to our responsibilities.

Fortunately, there was at least one sane head in the room prepared to restore our battered spirits.

In that Ataturk dressing room Rafa Benitez cemented his place in Anfield folklore. My admiration for his handling of the situation is unlimited. Rafa's conduct rarely changed, regardless of the circumstances. His calm demeanour was never required more than now. Privately, he must have felt the same as us. He too couldn't have failed to think about his family, or what the people of Spain would be making of his side's battering. Here he was, still struggling with his English, trying to instruct us to achieve the impossible.

“Good luck,” I thought to myself.

He showed few signs of emotion as he explained his changes, but the speed with which he made a series of tactical switches showed how sharp he still was. First, he told Traore to get into the shower. That was the polite code for telling a player he's being subbed. Djibril Cisse was told he'd be coming on to play on the right side and was already getting kitted out. As Djimi removed his shirt, an argument was brewing between Steve Finnan and our physio Dave Galley. Finnan had damaged a groin and Dave told Rafa he thought he should be subbed. Finn was distraught and pleaded to stay on. Rafa wouldn't budge.

“We've only two subs left because we've already lost Kewell with an injury,” he explained. “I can't afford to make two now, and if you stay on I've lost my last sub.” Traore was told to put his kit back on. Then, as if struck by a moment of clarity, Benitez made an abrupt decision.

“Hamann will replace Finnan and we'll play 3-5-2,” he explained, displaying an assured conviction in his voice which, temporarily at least, gave me confidence. “Pirlo is running the game from midfield, so I want Luis and Stevie to play around him and outnumber them in the middle so he can't pass the ball.”

The swiftness of this decision confirmed to me he may have considered this formation earlier. The same set-up had worked in Turin, although that had been a purely defensive strategy. “OK,” part of me was thinking, “forty-five minutes too late, but we got there in the end.” Given the circumstances, it was still a brave move. With both Cisse and Hamann now preparing to come on, there was only one problem.

“Rafa, I think we've 12 players out there now.”

Djibril would have to wait a while longer for his introduction. When we emerged from our desolate dressing room, I wasn't encouraged by the look of steely determination on the face of Maldini as he led his side back out.

There were claims after the match of premature celebrations in the Milan camp at half-time. I was upset on their behalf by that pack of lies. Traore gave an interview after the game suggesting the Italians were cocky at 3-0, but I think he was naive in his answers and it was twirled into a fairy story by the newspapers.

It simply didn't happen. Milan were far too professional for that. There was no way their captain, with all his experience, was going to allow anyone in his dressing room to take victory for granted. Nothing I saw suggested Milan were already popping champagne. I have too much respect for them even to suggest it. Even if they did, privately, believe they had both hands on the cup, who could blame them?

As I headed back into the arena, I was sure Milan were going to win, so were the forty thousand Scousers in Istanbul, so why shouldn't they have believed it? I could hear “You'll Never Walk Alone” in the distance, and as I exited the tunnel it grew louder. It wasn't the usual version of our anthem, though. There are different moments when The Kop summons Gerry Marsden's classic. Before every home game it's a deafening rallying cry, as if to inspire us to perform and frighten our opponents into submission. If we're winning in the closing stages of a huge match, it will be sung again, this time in celebration. But there are other occasions the words of the song have greater meaning, and at half-time in Istanbul the fans were singing it in sympathy more than belief.

There was a slow, sad sound to it, almost as if it was being sung as a hymn. The fans were certainly praying on our behalf. To me, it was the supporters' way of saying, “We're still proud of what you've done, we're still with you, so don't let your heads drop.” There was probably a hint of a warning in there too, as the walk back to my position felt like a guilt trip: “Don't let us down any more than you already have.”

Our coach Alex Miller's final instructions at half time were for us to “score a goal for those fans”. That was the mindset we had. Get one and pride might be restored.

The rest is History. Extract from Carra's Book.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby tubby » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:23 am

Jamie Carragher has let his country down again
By Andy Burgess 8/09/2008

I was disgusted to read the comments during the week of Jamie Carragher from his upcoming autobiography.

He states that losing with Liverpool would always hurt him more than losing with England.

Carragher's England haulis far more impressive than mine-he has 27 England Under-21 caps, three England B caps and 34 full caps, compared to my eight England C appearances - but without a shadow of a doubt pulling on that famous white shirt meant as much to me as anything.

Maybe he is trying to endear himself to the Liverpool faithful, or give it the 'Larry Large' because he was never really good enough to hold down a regular place in the England side. But as someone who would give his right arm to represent his country, I find his comments an absolute disgrace.

I actually wouldn't know what it feels like to lose a match playing for my country - my record reads eight games and eight wins.

But what I do know is this...the feeling of pulling on that shirt with three lions on your chest and standing listening to the national anthem knowing that you are representing England is as special as it sounds.

Advertisement - article continues below »

I have only done it at 'C' level in front of one man and his dog and not the 70,000 supporters that Carragher would have 'performed' in front of.

But his comments reinforce the view that representing their country means little to some of our supposed national heroes.

I hope that it is only Jamie Carragher who feels this way, and that his England team-mates display more national pride.

And I also hope that when he looks at the 34 caps he has won, he feels a little bit stupid about the comments he has made.

Yet again, he has let his country down.

--------------------------------------------------------------

:censored: of knob-jocky. ha ha
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion