Carraghers dad may be banned

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Sat Feb 12, 2005 8:49 am

crazyhorse wrote:There is worse for being drunk. I met my wife whilst under the influence and now i am serving a life sentance - you get less for murder!

:laugh:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:31 am

Awwwwwwwwww hes been banned such a shame, Jamie will be gutted now :( .

The father of Jamie Carragher has been banned from every football ground in the country and won't even be able to attend Anfield to watch his son in action.

50-year-old Gary Carragher was ejected from Villa Park last week while watching Jamie in action for England against Holland. He was later arrested for allegedly being drunk and for trying to get back into his VIP seats. He was later released on bail after a night in the jug.

Carragher snr. appeared before Birmingham Magistrates Court yesterday to answer a charge of trying to enter a sports arena while drunk, a charge which he denies. Magistrates adjourned the case until a formal hearing could be arranged and as part of his bail conditions, a ban on attending all football stadiums was imposed.

It is reported that on leaving the court Carragher snr. "turned on a photographer and clenched his fist as he launched a foul-mouthed tirade"
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:35 am

maybe we should get biscan and traore p!ssed before a game and hope they get banned as well   :D
112-1077774096

Postby Ciggy » Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:36 am

peewee wrote:maybe we should get biscan and traore p!ssed before a game and hope they get banned as well   :D

:D  :laugh:  :D

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:00 am

i'm sure there are others who have done worse and never got banned, its rediculous
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:12 am

the ban is just part of his bail conditions, when he goes to trial as he has elected, even if he loses there is no guarentee that the ban will coninue. it depends on the magistrate of judge who is sitting.

he pleaded not guilty and as such the CPS now have to decide whether it is in the public interest whether to go to trial, as its high profile they will be forced into pursuing it. it would be harsh to ban him from every ground as part of his sentence when you can go to every players lounge after the game and find enough people drunk at the game.

or maybe he will get not guilty or maybe it wont even get to court. he may plead guilty on the basis that he is not banned as part of his sentence and just get a fine
112-1077774096

Postby stmichael » Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:13 am

Reds star's dad 'sounded drunk'

The Liverpool Echo

Jamie Carragher's father was accused of being drunk at a football match because stewards could not understand his Scouse accent, a court heard.

The father of the Liverpool star was convicted at Birmingham magistrates, but a defence witness said his Liverpudlian tones were to blame.

Football agent Struam Marshall, who represents Jamie Carragher and Steven Gerrard, said Gary Carragher's "broad Scouse accent and gravelly voice" made a steward think he was drunk.

Deputy District Judge Gwyn Jones found the 51-year-old guilty of being drunk while trying to enter a football ground, but lifted an order banning him from every ground in the country.

Jamie Carragher's friend Michael Laffey, aged 30, of Fazakerley, was cleared of the same charge.
The pair were arrested at an England game on February 9. Gary Carragher spent a night in the cells, before being released on bail.

Speaking after the case, Carragher said: "I am delighted I can see my son play football again, but I'm not happy with the verdict, it wasn't fair. But at least the banning order's gone, that's what I wanted."
Last edited by stmichael on Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Garymac » Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:27 am

Thats quality, i hope to see him at a game this season and share have a pint or 2 with him!!
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:14 pm

top bloke Carra's da, and he still went the games anyway, bumped into him in Turkey.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fernando Morientes > 19 < » Thu Jun 30, 2005 2:02 pm

unlucky him
"He is the player that Liverpool have been looking for." - Ian Rush
Fernando Morientes > 19 <
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby wee_boi888 » Thu Jun 30, 2005 2:11 pm

It is good news for mr carra seeing the charges dropped....but is it wrong for me to find it a bit funny that they thought he was drunk cos of his accent???

I live in australia so i have no idea what it sounds like
wee_boi888
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Adebisi » Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:24 pm

I dont think these bans work, surely they cant recognize every offender at every ground, perhaps a different story for someone slightly recognizable as Jamies dad but anyone else could simply wear a fake moustache and glasses  :laugh:
Adebisi

Postby L-type » Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:37 pm

The way I thought i worked was that they have to check into Police Stations before every m,atch, but if he was banned from everything he couldn't possibly go to the station every 10 minutes....
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:39 pm

Adebisi wrote:I dont think these bans work, surely they cant recognize every offender at every ground, perhaps a different story for someone slightly recognizable as Jamies dad but anyone else could simply wear a fake moustache and glasses  :laugh:

hey, give'em ID cards (blair type)  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lawrenson_sarah » Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:41 pm

Thats silly, what did he do when he was drunk exactly??
www.myspace.com/lawrenson_sarah

www.sarahlawrenson.piczo.com

He's scouse, he's sound. He'll T-w-a-t you with a pound Carragher - Carragher
lawrenson_sarah
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion