Carragher - Inter intrest

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Tue Dec 14, 2004 12:09 pm

Liverpool centre-half Jamie Carragher is interesting Inter Milan coach Roberto Mancini.

Mancini is desperate to strengthen his defence during the January market and was also keen on Arsenal's Sol Campbell before he committed to a new contract.

Carragher has been outstanding at the back for Liverpool this season and has been compared favourably by boss Rafa Benitez with Valencia stopper and Argentina captain Roberto Ayala.

The England international is a homespun player and would be reluctant to leave Anfield. However, Mancini is good friends with the player's agent and will explore the possibility of landing Carragher in the winter market

Mancini is good friends with Carra's agent. I ain't supprised Carra linked with these big clubs here and there, lets hope nothing doing. The good thing is that Carra is a 100% die hard liverpidlian but with the intrest from top clubs, you never know whats going to happen in the winter market.

e.g. Owen and sh*t going to sign a new contract and seemed like a die hard liverpool but then *boom* went to madrid so randomlly. Carra is class
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Dec 14, 2004 12:12 pm

yet another rumour.

Carra is a different scenario to Owen though, and I can't see him going to Italy, it just wouldn't suit him - he has been here 9 years now and I think he will be here for the forseeable future.

what's the source btw? ???
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Tue Dec 14, 2004 12:13 pm

Carracgher is the backbone of our team at the moment and i cant see him leaving us. During Houlliers reign i thought maybe carragher would move on as he wasnt playing his best but now hes flying for us and it would in my estimation be a disaster if he left, which he wont, so thats al good
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Tue Dec 14, 2004 12:14 pm

chiggz_likes_owen wrote:
Liverpool centre-half Jamie Carragher is interesting Inter Milan coach Roberto Mancini.

Mancini is desperate to strengthen his defence during the January market and was also keen on Arsenal's Sol Campbell before he committed to a new contract.

Carragher has been outstanding at the back for Liverpool this season and has been compared favourably by boss Rafa Benitez with Valencia stopper and Argentina captain Roberto Ayala.

The England international is a homespun player and would be reluctant to leave Anfield. However, Mancini is good friends with the player's agent and will explore the possibility of landing Carragher in the winter market

Mancini is good friends with Carra's agent. I ain't supprised Carra linked with these big clubs here and there, lets hope nothing doing. The good thing is that Carra is a 100% die hard liverpidlian but with the intrest from top clubs, you never know whats going to happen in the winter market.

e.g. Owen and sh*t going to sign a new contract and seemed like a die hard liverpool but then *boom* went to madrid so randomlly. Carra is class

rubbish, just another rumour
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Tue Dec 14, 2004 12:22 pm

Yeah Prob another rumour
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maximus » Tue Dec 14, 2004 12:33 pm

Wicked  :D
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Tue Dec 14, 2004 12:44 pm

absolute tosh. last week i read that inter were interested in KIERON DYER. that pretty much sums it up. :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Stan Laurel » Tue Dec 14, 2004 12:48 pm

It's all bollox rumour.
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:42 pm

No f**kin chance Carra will leave, he is a rare breed for footballers who stay 'loyal' :;):
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maximus » Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:44 pm

Paul C wrote:No f**kin chance Carra will leave, he is a rare breed for footballers who stay 'loyal' :;):

Just remember there are NO loyalties in football  :(
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby Rafa » Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:52 pm

as if
He comes from Spain and he doesn't speak good English,
But we don't care cos he'll turn us into winners,
The European Cup will be ours before he's finished,
Raaaaafaa Benitez!
Rafa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:53 pm

maximus wrote:
Paul C wrote:No f**kin chance Carra will leave, he is a rare breed for footballers who stay 'loyal' :;):

Just remember there are NO loyalties in football  :(

Carra said that he wants to remain at Anfield for the rest of his career and I believe he would!
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crazyhorse » Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:24 pm

Cara is a one club player.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby XSD » Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:26 pm

If carragher became the most wanted player in the world I don't think he would ever say goodbye and walk through the shankly gates.
He is die hard, and Benitez knows he is not a saleable asset - there is no way the fans would stand for it, whoever the replacement was.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:49 pm

He's going nowhere, particularly nowhere abroad. He's built for the Prem, and that's exactly where he'll see out his career.

If Gerrard goes (which I don't think he will), Carra's a shoo-in for the captaincy. He's a fan favourite, a local lad and nowhere else will feel right to him.

And anyway, Milan aren't the force they once were. Even in this transitional season I'd say we're still a better team that they are.

I'm sure that other teams will covet him, but that's only because he's top quality. It's like when all youse on here eye up Henchoz's missus - you know you haven't got a chance, but it's polite to have a look and compliment her. :D
ivor_the_injun

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion