Carra for england

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:09 am

F*ck England. LFC is the only team that matters.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:23 am

This is a great thread. Some very good posts IMO, even amazingly from LPA. For me its easy to support LFC over england coz i'm not english. But i would always support my national team as well as club (if they were the same country). I find it a little strange that most of English supporters ( i base this on what i read in this forum and other club forums) will always support the club before country.

I can't help wondering if this is one of the reasons why England underperforms so often (not just in football). Representing your country must fill you with pride and passion, but if some players think and believe as you do, that might explain why the national team gets beaten by :censored: nations. especially friendly's.

In other sports i follow (in football i only support one club) when players get chosen for the national squad the managers/coaches usually say how happy there are even though the players are going to miss several games because of international commitments, for example in cricket (Australia) state sides are without their best players for almost the entire season. I like this attitude.

I know you can't compare rugby and football, but if for example you look at the all blacks. each provincial side is structured to support the national team, ie players are played in positons that the national coach wants them played in. compare this with english rugby that has the clubs battling with the national side, how can you expect to produce good performances if this is happening in the back ground?

anyway that's my 2 cents.

ps i agree with the comment that Rio has more ability than Cara (although you did make me think Lando), but the white powder and the $$ has fcuked him up.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:04 pm

From .tv, Carra omission nothing serious *knock on wood*
Liverpoolfc.tv can reveal that Jamie Carragher has been left out of the England squad to play Argentina as a precautionary measure. 
Carragher had an injection in his ankle after the Aston Villa game and has been ordered to get some much-needed rest before Liverpool resume Premiership combat against Portsmouth on Saturday 19 November.

Reds boss Rafael Benitez and England coach Sven-Goran Eriksson both agreed that there was no need to risk the influential defender in a meaningless fixture and that he'd benefit more from a welcome break.

YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:49 pm

A.B. wrote:From .tv, Carra omission nothing serious *knock on wood*
Liverpoolfc.tv can reveal that Jamie Carragher has been left out of the England squad to play Argentina as a precautionary measure. 
Carragher had an injection in his ankle after the Aston Villa game and has been ordered to get some much-needed rest before Liverpool resume Premiership combat against Portsmouth on Saturday 19 November.

Reds boss Rafael Benitez and England coach Sven-Goran Eriksson both agreed that there was no need to risk the influential defender in a meaningless fixture and that he'd benefit more from a welcome break.

I must admit after seeing the england squad and seeing Carragher wasn;t included i thought something must be up. There was talk last week of the big clubs pulling theirs players for fear of injury
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:05 pm

Jamie Carragher is a class act and i would rather have him fit for the club than playing in a pointless friendly. next competitive game should be Carra and terry england centre backs. Coke head is too lazy and recently has been a waste of space.

Also i think gerrard should withdraw from this months pointless friendly with the cheats.
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 76-1115222408 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:54 pm

babu wrote:This is a great thread. Some very good posts IMO, even amazingly from LPA.

'Amazingly' yea?

Well if it is so amazing to you, why dont you start a thread and poll on it you idiot!!
Maybe even do it under your OWN name this time too!!
Last edited by 76-1115222408 on Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
76-1115222408

Postby drummerphil » Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:06 pm

Babu you will find that with most England fans and i include myself have lost any enthusiasm or desire for the national side,because since we have had the tactically inept swedish chap in charge its like watching paint dry.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:02 am

babu wrote:This is a great thread. Some very good posts IMO, even amazingly from LPA. For me its easy to support LFC over england coz i'm not english. But i would always support my national team as well as club (if they were the same country). I find it a little strange that most of English supporters ( i base this on what i read in this forum and other club forums) will always support the club before country.

I can't help wondering if this is one of the reasons why England underperforms so often (not just in football). Representing your country must fill you with pride and passion, but if some players think and believe as you do, that might explain why the national team gets beaten by :censored: nations. especially friendly's.

In other sports i follow (in football i only support one club) when players get chosen for the national squad the managers/coaches usually say how happy there are even though the players are going to miss several games because of international commitments, for example in cricket (Australia) state sides are without their best players for almost the entire season. I like this attitude.

I know you can't compare rugby and football, but if for example you look at the all blacks. each provincial side is structured to support the national team, ie players are played in positons that the national coach wants them played in. compare this with english rugby that has the clubs battling with the national side, how can you expect to produce good performances if this is happening in the back ground?

anyway that's my 2 cents.

ps i agree with the comment that Rio has more ability than Cara (although you did make me think Lando), but the white powder and the $$ has fcuked him up.

Good post mate and I see where you are coming from.

However, the passion for football clubs in the UK is like nothing you ever see in Australia and NZ for any sport. Football fans in the UK know how to support their team.

The clubs play in the big competitions (bar the world cup and european championships), and the players are all massive stars because of the money they earn at their CLUBS. I'm sure the players love representing their nation, but as the rivalries in football are so intense, many people can’t bring themselves to support Fat Frank or Rooney when they pull on the England shirt.

You get a much different view from a Liverpool site than you would from one of the London clubs though, as Liverpool is a very unique city, and the people identify themselves as scousers, not necessarily English. The majority of English fans tend to be southerners if I'm not mistaken.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:12 am

LFC,
You are right of course nothing in aus/nz compares to the football support in the UK. The first time i went to anfield i was in shock. however i still think its wierd. I guess the sentiment must be generally like drummerphil's.

haha i was gonna say in my earlier post that LPA didn't even try to start a fight in this thread, but i guess you only had to wait.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 76-1115222408 » Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:41 am

You are an idiot Bab-oon!
76-1115222408

Postby 76-1115222408 » Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:43 am

babu wrote:haha i was gonna say in my earlier post that LPA didn't even try to start a fight in this thread, but i guess you only had to wait.

See thats the problem, why would you say that, I just wanna talk footy (or subject matter if it is gen chat etc;) but fools like you direct nonesense like tat at me when there is no need.

Check yourself mate!  ???
:;):
76-1115222408

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:46 am

It's true what  LFC#1 says.
I cannot support Fatty/Rooney/Ferdinand/Cole, etc just because they play for England.
At the end of the day, the people who hate Man U, etc, players when they play for their club side, but love them when they don the white of England are hypocrites.

The fact that it's the fans who pay their team's wages also contributes in my book.
If it were England fans in general who paid the wages, then it'd be a different kettle of fish.

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:48 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:It's true what  LFC#1 says.
I cannot support Fatty/Rooney/Ferdinand/Cole, etc just because they play for England.
At the end of the day, the people who hate Man U, etc, players when they play for their club side, but love them when they don the white of England are hypocrites.

The fact that it's the fans who pay their team's wages also contributes in my book.
If it were England fans in general who paid the wages, then it'd be a different kettle of fish.

you can still support england without supporting the likes of rio and lampard.
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:51 am

I agree. But I will always favour LFC.
I want England to win, but only the essence of England, not necessarily the individual players.

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:05 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:I agree. But I will always favour LFC.
I want England to win, but only the essence of England, not necessarily the individual players.

can you really catagorize SWP as a chelsea player. Although i hate beckham, i mean their is still a full team to support outside the teams of arsenal, chelsea, and the cow :censored:. I agree that LFC comes first, but i still keep a place for england when ever a WC or Euro comes around. If England reaches the quarter finals, could you give up your differences for a game and support everyone even lampard and rooney.??
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion