Carra for england

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby azriahmad » Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:38 am

England probably has the best players in the present squad than they ever had, too bad they have such a plonker of a manager.

I am sure Mourinho or Benitez or even Alex Ferguson would be able to make this present England team a real contender in the World Cup Finals and go to at least the semis or runner-up, or even win it with some luck. You still do need a dose of luck but great teams are able to either capitalise clinically with half a slice of luck or make their own luck.

Becks should not be the captain, it should go to a more natural leader like John Terry. As to who should partner him, the main contenders should be Campbell, Carra and Rio in that order.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:22 am

After coming back into work there has been a few replies and most of them with good opinions.
I would still like to see the midfield i have suggested given the chance, i take on board the points about wingers and think we have some potentially great wide players in the likes of SWP Pennant, Downing and even young Aaron Lennon.
But i'm not sure with the forward line we have that wingers is the right way to go for England, Rooney drifts around and is hardly ever in the box to be a threat like say a Shearer or Sheringham would be, and it saves worrying about the left side problem.
My team.....
                          Robinson

Neville          Terry      Ferdinand        Cole

Parker

Beckham     Lampard    Gerrard

Owen     Rooney

I think that midfield would have the ability to protect the back 4, create plenty of chances and chip in with goals.

We could easily adjust to 4-4-2 later in the game and bring on swp to stretch teams.
Just my opinion.
Last edited by Ace Ventura on Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby wee_boi888 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:27 am

Rio??? Right now you would have to put King before him.
wee_boi888
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:03 am

wee_boi888 wrote:Rio??? Right now you would have to put King before him.

Maybe based on current form, but i am talking about for the world cup.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion