Carling cup draw - Hot off the press

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JimBOB123 » Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:21 am

We have got charlton away, week day o i should be good trip
JimBOB123

Postby jkop » Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:22 am

Rest key players, but play them off the pitch another cup would be nice no matter what it is ! :nod
Were not Brazil were Norn Iron.
          Faugh a Ballagh.
                YNWA
        Healy......Healy !!!!!
jkop
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby craig da Toxteth iron » Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:05 pm

Our 2nd string should beat the royals, and go all the way
Image Image

craig da Toxteth iron

Postby tubby » Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:36 pm

If anyone can get tickets for this please PM me. Thanks
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:56 pm

bumped

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:59 pm

bavlondon wrote:If anyone can get tickets for this please PM me. Thanks

selling details:

Thu Oct 5 Mon Oct 9 Season Ticket Holders   
Tue Oct 10 Mon Oct 16 Fancard Holders   
Tue Oct 17 Wed Oct 25 General Sale

If you are a fan card holder then you should have no problem. I'm expecting a few to go on general sale because carling cup games are never complete sell-outs.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:05 pm

adamnbarrett wrote:
bavlondon wrote:If anyone can get tickets for this please PM me. Thanks

selling details:

Thu Oct 5 Mon Oct 9 Season Ticket Holders   
Tue Oct 10 Mon Oct 16 Fancard Holders   
Tue Oct 17 Wed Oct 25 General Sale

If you are a fan card holder then you should have no problem. I'm expecting a few to go on general sale because carling cup games are never complete sell-outs.

Cheers. Just sent mine off now.

Can you buy 2 tickets with a fan card or do both of you have to be fancard holders?

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby retford red » Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:14 pm

Just been talking to a mate who is a Chesterfield fan about the 4-4 League cup game we had with chesterfield in 1992, can any one remember our team that night? and any other info...
On the eight day god created...

STEVEN GERRARD
retford red

Postby retford red » Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:49 pm

Bump :)
On the eight day god created...

STEVEN GERRARD
retford red

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:53 pm

Reading at home I would definitely think its worth giving a few fringe players a game, like Paleta and Fowler, not sure I would go all the way and fill the team with youth. A lot depends who have available and what sort of team we want to put out against Aston Villa the following Saturday.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:07 pm

retford red wrote:Just been talking to a mate who is a Chesterfield fan about the 4-4 League cup game we had with chesterfield in 1992, can any one remember our team that night? and any other info...

English League Cup - Round 2 first leg
Liverpool    4 (0) - 4(2) Chesterfield 
Hutchison                    Lancaster (2)
Rosenthal                    Norris (2)
Walters
Wright
on 22-09-1992

Best I can do at the moment mate
account deleted by request

Postby red37 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:51 pm

BOSS HINTS AT CUP BOW FOR YOUNGSTERS
Mark Platt 16 October 2006

Rafael Benitez has hinted that youngsters Nabil El Zhar and Gabriel Paletta could be in line for their Liverpool debuts when the Reds kick-off their Carling Cup campaign in two weeks time. 
Both have impressed for the reserves in recent weeks and Benitez is contemplating using them when Reading visit Anfield on 25 October.

On the Moroccan forward who's just completed his move to Anfield from St Etienne, the Reds boss says: "Nabil El Zhar has done well since he joined the club.

"As with any young player, it's up to him how far he progresses. I'm sure if he continues to work hard and do all the right things, he will get an opportunity in the first team.

"He could be considered for the Carling Cup, but we will have to wait and see. That will depend on the situation at the time, and whether we need to consider injuries or other factors. We know he has the ability to play for the first team in the future."

Argentinean defender Paletta, meanwhile, a summer acquisition from Banfield, is also in the manager's thoughts.

He was named on the bench for Saturday's Premiership draw with Blackburn and Benitez adds: "Paletta is a very good player, but at the moment we have Sami and Carra in the position and Daniel is playing very well this season, so he must be patient.

"Maybe the Carling Cup will be a possibility for him. He should follow the example of Agger, who spent six months learning the style and systems in England when he first joined us.

"It's harder for a young defender coming into the side because you can be punished when you make mistakes in defence.

"It's easier for attacking players to try things with confidence. Usually the strongest defenders are the older players with a lot of experience."

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:43 pm

I hope to see a nice blend of experience and youngsters against Reading. Its a great chance for Rafa to see how the youngsters cope, and for our experienced players to impress and push for regular first team action.

My team

Dudek

Finnan             Paletta           Hyypia             Warnock

Anderson         Sissoko          Zenden             Aurelio

Nabil El Zhar
                                    Lindfield

Strength at the back, with with a blend of youth and experience in midfield , and two young stars up front. Maybe Robbie to come on and show them how its done second half.

Postby stmichael » Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:53 pm

I liked what I saw of Paletta during the pre season games, especially his tackling ability. He has a real no holds barred approach to it, the only problem I can see at the moment is with card happy referee's but that shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Not seen anything of El Zhar but from the reserve reports I've read he seems to be settling in well and giving some promising performances. Hoping to see a lot more of Anderson, Hobbs, Lindfield and Smith as well as they seem to be very bright prospects for the club.

I also hope that Rafa uses the opportunity to give some first teamers the chance to regain some form
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:57 pm

stmichael wrote:I liked what I saw of Paletta during the pre season games, especially his tackling ability. He has a real no holds barred approach to it, the only problem I can see at the moment is with card happy referee's but that shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Not seen anything of El Zhar but from the reserve reports I've read he seems to be settling in well and giving some promising performances. Hoping to see a lot more of Anderson, Hobbs, Lindfield and Smith as well as they seem to be very bright prospects for the club.

I also hope that Rafa uses the opportunity to give some first teamers the chance to regain some form

I forgot about Hobbs , is he still playing defensive midfield or has he moved back to CB again?

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion