Cant wait for next season

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Fri Mar 25, 2005 4:07 pm

With one of the most turbulent seasons we have ever experienced, as fans, new manager, new players, god knows how many injuries 21 to date .
But the statisics prove we are in a better position to last season considering no we have no Owen, we where sick when he left we thought what will we do now? All is not lost we still have the same goal diffrence as last season, saying that you could have added another 15 maybe 20 to that tally if he had of stayed, and I hope he comes back in the summer.

We have had some terrible times this season Saints, Brum, Newcastle, the derby at Goodison, one can blame Rafa on that loss because he changed 5 players for that game, never mind, its in the past time to move on.

This season was all about learning one thing Rafa would have learned about this season is that, Liverpool Football Club is one of the best clubs in the world, the night he went out in Leverkusen and walked into that bar, meeting the fans them all showing how much they love him singing his name, at Cardiff the fans parading the Rafatola portrait of him that he seen and said he had never witnessed anything like it in his life.

At Valenica the fans sang his name after 3 years not 3 months, he will have witnessed the great european nights at anfield against Olympiakos  with an amazing come back from the mighty reds, what a fantastic atmosphere to witness.

liverpool against BL 3-1 without Gerrard the one man team status left us that evening, with the players standing up for themselves and well done to them for doing so.

Beating arsenal another fantastic day with amazing goals by xabi and mellor, we would have beaten chelsea on new years day also if it hadnt have been for that ****** Mike Reilly :angry:.

At Cardiff 10 minutes to hang on but for an unfortunate own goal we would have won, never mind always next time, but at least he got us there, score line 3-2 when it was 2-2 really doesnt flatter chelsea with all there money spent does it?

We have had all the cr@p to deal with aswell over Stevie which as effected the team in a lot of games, this season another reason for our inconsistancy :glare:

We have missed our exceptianaly talented midfielder Xabi, god cant wait for next season to see him in action, he is going to be one of the best passers of the ball in the prem if hes not already. 

Yes we have had more downs than ups this season and the game at newcastle proved one that it seemed the players couldnt wait for it to be over, then we had that trully amazing win away at BL 3-1 again, our home form in the prem leaves alot to be desired, then we go to germany and demolish a team ???  funny old game football as someone once said :D .

So here we are 8 games left not including the CL games, a win against Bolton is an absolute must we are 4 points off 4th place, so 2 more wins should see us take that position and a few draws, few wins, few loses, it should be ours come may the 14th with the mighty reds to be better equipped for the CL next season.

Next season we need at least 4 quality players coming in a young pacey partner for Jamie, a replacement for Kewell, and probably a new goalie.
Next season I want to see us beating the mancs, beating the arsenal and chelsea along the way, but the most important thing I want to see is us not just raising our games against the top 3 I want to see us slaughtering the lower placed teams hatricks, 5-0 score lines etc etc like the Liverpool of old shut up shop come half time.

I believe we can achieve this, I believe Rafa is the right man for the job, we are going to see at least 2 tropheys come to anfield next season and when rafa says next season we wont be behind the leaders 30 points again, you take his word for it.

YNWA come on the pool.

Rant over was bored cause of the internationals
:D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Mar 25, 2005 4:14 pm

Oh and I forgot to add we now have 5 new scouts on our books, Rafa wants some rules changed the one now is we cannot sign a player under 15 if not in a 20 mile radious or something, we are branching out to the 4 corners of the world latin america maybe in the near future we get a future Ronaldinho or Ronaldo on our books :;): .
rafa asked when he came for the scouting videos on all our players, Diao, Diouf and Cheyrous where missing, when he asked for them there was none, Houllier signed them on TV appearences, ??? He wanted Diao originally, Diouf had a few good games in the WC and whilst watching the WC Houllier decided to buy him Senegal must have been laughin there ****** heads off.

Just proves the difference now after 8 months, we wont be seeing the same mistakes made again whilst rafas incharge :;):
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Fri Mar 25, 2005 4:21 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:Houllier signed them on TV appearences, ???

Where'd you find that out Lynds?  That's unforgiveable if it's true!!!!!!  He spent all the (£20 million) Granada money that summer.  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:
jonnymac1979

Postby Ciggy » Fri Mar 25, 2005 4:25 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:
cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:Houllier signed them on TV appearences, ???

Where'd you find that out Lynds?  That's unforgiveable if it's true!!!!!!  He spent all the (£20 million) Granada money that summer.  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

When Rafa arrived at the club he asked to see the files on all the players in the squad so he could assess what he had at his disposal. Players salaries, injury records etc all included.

When he came across all recent signings he mentioned that the scouting reports were missing...only to be told that they didn't exist, the likes of Cheyrou, Diao and Diouf were bought from video clips seen by Houllier and without being 'scouted' once!

Far from being the 'eye eye whats going on here then' type...all were bought for big money from French based clubs...more to it than meets the eye?

Rumour has it that Rafa couldn't believe how bad Cheyrou actually was.
Last edited by Ciggy on Fri Mar 25, 2005 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Fri Mar 25, 2005 4:31 pm

Dead right John, if its true (and 'ol Lynds does seem to have seem to have a man or woman on the inside) it's an absolute shocker. I've long advocated real-life and anecdotal evidence when assessing a player. Selective video means nothing. As we touched upon in another thread, we could probably put a video together this season that makes Igor look like a World-beater. Let's talk to the guys coach, his youth-team coach and players who've played with him. Let's go ion the internet and check out what the fans of the club which he plays for think of him. Fans the world over know who puts it in week-in week-out. To quote Alan Sugar we don't like schmoozers, liars, cheats, bull-shitters etc etc (I've never quoted him before and I promise I'll never do so again but you get my point). All in all lets do a bit of research.
Player spotting is a talent. How long is it before scouts become transfer targets themselves, traded on the open market and standing or falling on their records? Probably never happen but maybe it should.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Fri Mar 25, 2005 4:33 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:Rumour has it that Rafa couldn't believe how bad Cheyrou actually was.

Neither could we Lynds, neither could we.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Mar 25, 2005 4:40 pm

bigmick wrote:
cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:Rumour has it that Rafa couldn't believe how bad Cheyrou actually was.

Neither could we Lynds, neither could we.

:laugh:  :D  :laugh:

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Mar 25, 2005 4:42 pm

I cant devulge names as to who tells me certain things, as he plays for us some times, one quote was also from RAWK and 3 other people knew about this palava on there.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Fri Mar 25, 2005 4:46 pm

Lynds your reluctance to mention who it is does you credit and adds wieght to your points of view. Nor should you reveal your source because it may make it difficult for whoever it is if it is felt that they are blabbing about inner-club goings on. You keep it to yourself girl, just make sure you keep letting us know whats happening. BTW I reckon I know who it is. I think you know his Mum but I'll leave it there.  :;):
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Mar 25, 2005 4:50 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:But the statisics prove we are in a better position to last season considering no we have no Owen

don't let stu the red read that. :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Mar 25, 2005 4:58 pm

Alway's thought that someone was making a mint in back handers during the houllier reign , not that I can mention names .

After all "Who let the dogs out ? " 

:D  :D  :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby jonnymac1979 » Fri Mar 25, 2005 5:39 pm

F**k the innuendo.  Name names. :D :D
jonnymac1979

Postby KennyisGod....still » Fri Mar 25, 2005 5:47 pm

Talkin of watchin videos and then buyin players, wasn't it Souness that bought a guy he'd never seen, brought him on as a sub and then took him off a few minutes later when he realised how cr@p he was??!! :p  :D :laugh:
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Mar 25, 2005 5:49 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:F**k the innuendo.  Name names. :D :D

:laugh:  Arf Arf   :laugh:

Narra Bak ze Wind Dodger  for starters.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Ciggy » Fri Mar 25, 2005 5:51 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
jonnymac1979 wrote:F**k the innuendo.  Name names. :D :D

:laugh:  Arf Arf   :laugh:

Narra Bak ze Wind Dodger  for starters.

Hows it goin with the Smirnoff blue woof you p#ssed yet :D

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion