Can we win the league next season? - Honestly

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Dimshen » Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:39 pm

i think its wise to be realistic when considering our chances, too much optamism may end in tears, however, 2nd/more likely 3rd in the premiership with strikers who have performed to an average standard (at best) is a comendable and, from my point of view, satisfying achievement. the squad has performed well, but how much will it take to win the league? and how likely is it that we will aquire the personnel required to win it?

personally i dont think we can compete over 38 games with chelsea, but more imporantly, what do u think....?
Dimshen

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:42 pm

YES WE CAN. NO DOUBT IN MY MIND!!! :)
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby Roger Red Hat » Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:47 pm

Well I think we can compete with chelsea over a full season. We've been fantastic at times this season, we've kept loads of clean sheet, not conceded as many goals as the last few seasons and in general we've been great. One thing we're doing now that we aint done for years is we're going on those 10 games without a loss runs. We're winning a lot more and teams are now starting to fear the mighty reds once again. I haven't seen such an altoghter 'altogether' team since the days of Barnsey and Beardo.

We've one man to thank for turning this club around. We've one man to thank for bringing this club back to the top of English football and putting us back on the European football map again. That man sits in the dugout every week - Rafa.

so in asnswer to your question - I think Yes. we are good enough to win the league next season.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:51 pm

cover the cracks and YES we can.  will we win the league?

that question remains im afraid shrouded in as much mystery as the depths of abramovich's pockets....

but there is as good a chance as ever.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby babu » Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:12 pm

Dimshen wrote:personally i dont think we can compete over 38 games with chelsea, but more imporantly, what do u think....?

I think the key is Jose, if he stays, then next season will open up and it will be a real race, we have just a good chance as any.

if Jose is replaced, we are stuffed, along with everyone else.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 2520years » Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:15 pm

I think you'll find Chelski are the bookie's favourites.  What we need, I think, is Chelski to slip up.  I reckon we're on a par with ManUre already, so we may overtake them next season.  I expect us to come second, but it's not out of the question that we'll win it.
:)
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby stmichael » Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:19 pm

depends on who comes in during the summer. bring in the right personnel and we'll have a great chance. logic tells you that having cut the gap on chelsea from 37 points to 15 this season, that we're heading in the right direction.

next season's premiership race will be the best in history imo. all of the big four will have a realistic chance of winning it and i think they'll all still have a chance come the closing weeks of the season.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby red37 » Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:26 pm

cant wait for next season and this ones far from over yet  :buttrock

f.uck germany im up for next season!

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby babu » Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:28 pm

stmichael wrote:next season's premiership race will be the best in history imo. all of the big four will have a realistic chance of winning it and i think they'll all still have a chance come the closing weeks of the season.

I think i am letting my emotions get the better of me but i firmly believe that if Chelsea still have Jose as manager next season, they will struggle to get in the top 3 and it will be btw us Manu and Arsenal.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:36 pm

babu wrote:
stmichael wrote:next season's premiership race will be the best in history imo. all of the big four will have a realistic chance of winning it and i think they'll all still have a chance come the closing weeks of the season.

I think i am letting my emotions get the better of me but i firmly believe that if Chelsea still have Jose as manager next season, they will struggle to get in the top 3 and it will be btw us Manu and Arsenal.

nah i think if chelsea bring in a world class striker (crespo will be off) they'll still be favourites. ballack will also give then another goalscoring dimension from midfield. however it's the CL that they want most and if they fail in that again (which they will), maureen will be on his bike at the end of the season.

arsenal already have the nucleus of a superb young side. if they win the CL, they'll be able to attract better players and possibly be able to keep henry. add this to the new stadium and they'll be a force.

manure, as much as i hate to say it, will be right up there if they get in one, maybe two top class central midfielders. to stay ahead of us with the midfield they've had this season has been nothing short of remarkable.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Igor Zidane » Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:51 pm

Chelsea will improve next season, don't have any doubts about that. They will buy and buy big again. It's the nature of the beast (Abramovich), he'll want the champions league. Like a few other people have said, we will have to buy the right personell in and we can win it . The players we have at the moment will have to step up another level next season and i'm convinced they can do that. So if we get the right players in to add to the squad we have now ,we can compete and we can win the league.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ckay » Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:57 pm

If it wsn't for the reletivly poor start to the season and the goal drought, we'd of won it this season. We're just 2 or three players away from doing it!!! I can't wait. 3 stripes on our sleves and the EPL trophy the trophy room. Come on!!!!!!

Next season is going to be amazing!!! Whens it start. whens it start!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can the world cup be cancelled and the EPL star early? ???
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:01 pm

Money can't buy you the league. OK it has with Chelsea for the past 2 years. But it doesn't buy you the kind of togetherness/organisation/determination/galvanisation and loyalty that a manager like Benitez has drilled into this squad of players. Rafa did it in Spain with Valencia beating the galactico's to the league title. He can do it again with the Reds toppling the Jose Moronio show!!  :;):
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby ckay » Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:09 pm

HacksawJimDuggin wrote:Money can't buy you the league. OK it has with Chelsea for the past 2 years. But it doesn't buy you the kind of togetherness/organisation/determination/galvanisation and loyalty that a manager like Benitez has drilled into this squad of players. Rafa did it in Spain with Valencia beating the galactico's to the league title. He can do it again with the Reds toppling the Jose Moronio show!!  :;):

Everyone hates Chelsea, Why? ??? Jose and money bags. If someone else wants a player, they just buy him and let him rot on the bench. When we win the league, the whole counrty will say, well done lads instead of, well you just bought it you blue sh*te, rusky loving, special one sha*ging tw@ts.

Sorry lads, I'm off my meds!!!
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:18 pm

can we win the league? yeah, why not. we had an awful start and could still possibly finish 2nd (altho manure also had an awful start)
we cant look at who cheatski care gonna buy (etoo, ballack maybe more) but at who we can get to stretghen our squad. i honestly believe that if we just get someone who can guarunteee us a few goals we can win it (look at the recent 0-0 Vs charlton, those are games we have to be winning.

the future is looking very bright for us tho. I think speedy will sort out our winger problems and really all we need is to sort out the strike force. We will stretghen all over but up front is where we severely lack when it comes to goals.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion