pur3 rav3r wrote:i can c us finishing in 2nd or 3rd but not 1st

good job rafa and the players will be aiming for top spot then  :;):

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby RichardLFC1 » Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:59 pm

Why?

Do you not think we have the players to do so. Do you think that the likes of manure and chelsea are better well do ya

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby pur3 rav3r » Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:10 pm

RichardLFC1 wrote:

Why?

Do you not think we have the players to do so. Do you think that the likes of manure and chelsea are better well do ya

I JUST DONT THINK IT WILL HAPPEN I THINK WE HAV THE SQUAD FOR IT. BUT I DONT FEEL LIKE IT IS GOING TO HAPPEN I THINK IT WILL BE CLOSE BUT THAT WE WONT GET THERE
R.I.P to the 96 that lost there lives on 15th of april 1989
"YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE"
pur3 rav3r
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:59 am

We've definitely got every chance of winning next season. Everyone on here is pretty much unanimous about the need to prioritise signing a right mid and a striker, and the fact that Rafa's first three publicised targets have been a left back, a centre back and a central midfielder leads me to believe that there is a fair whack of money still to be spent. The consistency is building, the winning habit is catching on, and - with a good start to the season - we'll be right in the thick of it.

I think Chelsea are going to spend themselves into trouble this summer. Ballack's almost certainly on his way, and although Mourinho's been generally good at keeping his squad happy, another big fish in midfield will definitely unsettle his big name central midfielders. I don't assume for a second that he'll be the only big name capture they'll make either, which could mean that a lot of good players will be on their way out. Already there's been the case of SWP, all but shut-out from first team football all year, and Ian Wright's already layed into the club through the papers. And never rule out the possibility of a high profile signing undoing everything they've achieved in the last two years. I genuinely think the wobbles will begin very soon indeed.

Man U have - if anything - overachieved this year. They've turned themselves around miraculously since early season, but I can't see them stretching their form into a title-challenging season next year unless some good business in done this summer, particularly in the middle of the park.

Arsenal's prospects next season pretty much rely on whether they can keep Henry. They aren't a one-man team by any means, but if he's not there, there isn't anyone else they can bring in that will fill the gulf.
ivor_the_injun

Postby alxy » Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:26 am

i think chelsea's fall may not be so drastic, but it will come surely...and sooner than what most may think... look at arsenal.. just 3 seasons ago, they were champions and unbeaten... and now.. struggling to even qualify for the CL... it takes a lot to be champions... but it doesn't take that much to take a dip... perhaps one or 2 bad results... or some disgruntled players affecting morale... or roman himself getting bored.... should make the next few seasons interesting indeed....
alxy

Postby bng89 » Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:33 am

I was watching the chelsea v man u game last night(im in australia) and the commentators are going on about the depth chelsea have and the lack of depth with other clubs.
I reckon liverpool have great depth and without a russian billionaire behind us.
YES we can. LFC 2006/2007 Champs
Liverpool FC 1892
bng89

Postby alvin98 » Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:17 am

As a liverpool fan, i would like liverpool to win the league champion, but i don't think we can do it next season. If we can maintain 2nd/3rd & win a cup (FA/CL), close the gap to chelsea, it will consider a good season.
alvin98

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:39 am

hi - i hope we can win the league next season but i am concerned that liverpools record the season after world cups is :censored:. we have only won the league twice after world cups and in one of those seasons we didnt qualify for W.C.finals. yet we usually do well in the world cup year 4 titles/european cup/fa cup etc.
        but on a more positive note if we get a decent striker i think we can. if we'd had Owen this season we could have run chelski close.
account deleted by request

Postby 72-1146193975 » Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:01 am

joko wrote:liverpool champion europe, next year to champion england, okay?
yes liverpool!

yes sir!  :nod
72-1146193975

Postby The_Rock » Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:31 am

As long as we win the champions league next season...i don't care if we even finish 4th  :D
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby joko » Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:39 am

The_Rock wrote:As long as we win the champions league next season...i don't care if we even finish 4th  :D

no the rock
we miss epl since ages okay?
we MISS it to be held on our cabinet
ending at four? kiding friend
that disrespect of progress and desire
we have to at worst in place second in EPL
and semifinal at champion

to me it is very realistis okay?
ImageImage Image
joko
LFC Super Member

Postby 82-1074641017 » Sun Apr 30, 2006 4:43 pm

2nd place I reckon next season.
82-1074641017

Postby anfieldadorer » Mon May 01, 2006 5:11 am

a bit earlier for a "more serious" prediction to me, it will particularly depend on the next season's player transaction. but roughly i think we have a far better chance to finish first than this season, i don't think chelsea will be getting much better despite ballack arrival
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Mon May 01, 2006 6:34 am

good article here

soccernet.com

That poignant voice may not be alone in his frustration. Back in the days when Chelsea were rubbish and many of the supporters who celebrated their success today were wearing red Manchester United shirts, the merest hint of glory brought a shiver down the spine of genuine Blues followers.

Now awash with money and working with a different budget compared to every other club in world football, did genuine Chelsea fans get more enjoyment from their long awaited 1997 FA Cup triumph than this title success, which is expected more than dreamed about in the Abramovich era?

Failing to make any kind of impact in the three cup competitions they entered this season makes this title triumph little more than a consolation prize for Chelsea
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion