Can we beat arsenal?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Sun Oct 24, 2004 6:22 pm

If the Mancs can beat Arsenal at home do you think WE can do the same at Anfield on November 28th?
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ciggy » Sun Oct 24, 2004 6:25 pm

No I doubt it, I would be happy with a draw but I dont think we can beat them.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Sun Oct 24, 2004 6:32 pm

Highly unlikely.  Arsenal will bounce back I'm sure and though they wont have another run like it they're more than capable of winning at Anfield.  Man U's player of the match by far was Ferdinand he won everything in the air and kept Reyes, henry and Bergkamp quiet almost the whole match.  We dont have a defender of his quality which is what really won the game.  With Stevie G back along with Alonso we'll make it a good game but I dont see us taking 3 points from that fixture.
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby Redrider » Sun Oct 24, 2004 6:46 pm

No reason why we shouldn't win. Our mid-field is getting very tidy, good at closing down and pushing out good possession, not giving away lose balls. If Gerrard is back and if Kewell could pull some form, we will be in with a shout. I think Cisse, might be a better player in games where we do not dominate and he can utilise his speed on the break. Campbell is strong but ponderous and is there to be turned, by a fast player.
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby ToTinho » Sun Oct 24, 2004 6:47 pm

I think we can beat them if we can convert our oppotunities , Arsenal confidence now isn't that high , last year at Anfield we dominated the game and lost hopefully that will not be the case this year .
YNWA
ToTinho

Postby the great one » Sun Oct 24, 2004 6:48 pm

arsenal will show bouncebackabilty :D
Last edited by the great one on Sun Oct 24, 2004 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby cheesecakery » Sun Oct 24, 2004 6:48 pm

yeah its goin to be easy , just look how easy it was for man u
ARF ARF
cheesecakery

Postby A.B. » Sun Oct 24, 2004 6:48 pm

No reason why we shouldn't win. Our mid-field is getting very tidy, good at closing down and pushing out good possession, not giving away lose balls. If Gerrard is back and if Kewell could pull some form, we will be in with a shout. I think Cisse, might be a better player in games where we do not dominate and he can utilise his speed on the break. Campbell is strong but ponderous and is there to be turned, by a fast player.

I agree. I have no hope in Kewell, but lets see what Nunez can do.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby cheesecakery » Sun Oct 24, 2004 6:50 pm

A.B. wrote:

i agree too , just look how easy it was for man u
ARF ARF
cheesecakery

Postby Red Macgregor » Sun Oct 24, 2004 6:52 pm

A.B. wrote:

Is he left sided, like Kewell ?
Red Macgregor

Postby A.B. » Sun Oct 24, 2004 7:29 pm

I believe so.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:51 pm

with our midfield in full force and cisse should get better  by the time arsenal comes around we should be ready enough to pull out a surprise win and keep our home record streak alive
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Oct 24, 2004 11:09 pm

Gerrard will be back by the time we play Arsenal. I think our midfield will become inredibly solid by the end of the season. We still haven't seen what Nunez can do so our midfield players could be the ones scoring for us more and more often.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby JBG » Mon Oct 25, 2004 12:13 am

Nunez is earmarked by the boss for right midfield.

Of course we can beat Arsenal in a once off game, and if we are to improve on last year we need to get a few wins against the big three.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Woollyback » Mon Oct 25, 2004 12:17 am

We're capable of beating anybody on our day, so why not Arsenal?

Belief is the first step on the road to success.
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion