Can we beat arsenal

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby matrix » Sun Aug 22, 2004 7:52 pm

we have a great chance against arsenal, to have a midfield of kewell, garcia, alonso, gerrard, cisse and baros up front we have a chance for the title i honestly believe that, so exciting to be a liverpool fan again.

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Sun Aug 22, 2004 7:55 pm

matrix wrote:so exciting to be a liverpool fan again.

again? been converted once?
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby matrix » Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:00 pm

anfieldadorer, i know im just excited.     matrix...

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mynameisred » Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:22 pm

Im also all of the above but the ****** are out of everyones orbit at the moment and I fear they may just well repeat last season. We have got to be realistic although Im confident Rafa will get us there sooner rather than later.
The man who came to merseyside from Newcastle, the man who says he's part of Liverpool as much as the Liver building. When he was needed Alan Kennedy was there. And with now just 8 minutes to go it could be that Alan Kennedy has made a little history.
mynameisred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sean » Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:28 pm

Our aim should not be focusing just on beating Arsenal, United and Chelsea....our aim should be to ensure we do not drop points to the other teams in the league.  During the last regime to often we used to lose or draw with teams below us in the league.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby Paul C » Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:44 pm

Q. Can we play football as attractive?
A. I dunno, cos they play some gorgeous footie, maybe we'll see in a few months when Beni has us playing his way.

Q. Can we beat Arsenal?
A. Yeah I think we can beat them as long as we play well for 90 minutes and not one half.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:02 pm

Gorgeous football?

Go support spurs or West Ham. Winning football is far more important.

As Rafa keeps saying, "its about doing the right things".
115-1073096938

Postby stapo1000 » Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:24 pm

we need to start playin like they do: as a team if we want to beat them. thats another thing i hope to see rafa adding to our team. you can see the team spirit in arsenal when they celebrate etc...
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stan Laurel » Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:56 pm

Why not? We can beat them, of course we can.
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby addicted norwegian » Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:05 pm

We can beat Arsenal, there`s no doubt in my mind. And, imo, the game today shows that. I can`t see a reason why we can`t score 3 at Highbury when `Boro can. I`m also quite confident that we wouldn`t let Gooners put 5 behind neither Dudek nor Kirkland.
addicted norwegian
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:42 am

Of course we can. We are different then Baro. Baro were fools to settle with 3-1 against Arsenal, I guess they didn't see the Arsenal vs. Liverpool game where Liverpool was leading 2-1 and ended up losing 4-2. Why did we lose? We settled for 2-1 and of course our squad wasn't good then as it is now.

Arsenal are a club that will fight until the ref blows the whistle and ends the match. We should be the same. Arsenal are not unbeatable,invincible,unstoppable, every squad has a flaw.

This just gets me more exicited about the upcomming LFC games. We can't afford to draw or lose. Every game should be a must win.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Dalglish » Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:46 am

Sean wrote:Our aim should not be focusing just on beating Arsenal, United and Chelsea....our aim should be to ensure we do not drop points to the other teams in the league.  During the last regime to often we used to lose or draw with teams below us in the league.

Very good point. A couple of seasons back we were beating Arsenal, Chelsea, Newcastle and the Mancs but losing or dropping pts againt lower positioned teams... ???

On the can we beat the Gunners, well of course we can. Last seasons first half performance at Anfield proved we can outplay them and we ought tochave gone in 2 or 3 goals to teh good but we conceded a sloppy goal at the end of the first half and fell away second half before succumbing to a wonderful Pires strike .....
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:55 am

I think we have learned our lesson about Arsenal, you can not settle for a score when playing against them. With our current squad we have a good chance of winning, our midfield is better and their defence isn't all that good.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Dalglish » Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:03 am

As a unit Arsenal are superior to LFC at the moment , no use arguing any different.

The Table doesn't lie but this season should be an interesting one and we will truly see how far we have come when we face the strongest team in English football.

Peter Reid was on the box tonight and he was the last manager to defeat Arseanl in the Prem whilst at Leeds. He talked of having the players to do it and we certainly have that but interestingly packing the midfield with 5 and playing a lone striker up front. He also ended the discussion by saying you have to have the luck as well............
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby vlady16.1 » Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:04 am

watching the 2 games and the NA preseason games -- we already look as good as a good day last year-- mind you this is the beginning of change not the end and the boys that know his style are not playing yet -- arsenal isn't until late nov therefore we have lots of time to gel

arsenal can be beaten remember iraq beat portugal-- they are very good but you know -- look at the midfield pretty good -- strikers pretty good-- backlline good -- goaltending -- better than arsenal's and this is just the beginning of the change -- he's got biscan playing well and risse looks like before

new players new coach life is goooood
vlady16.1

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion