Can we aim high in jan transfers?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:04 pm

How do you expect us to buy Ronaldinho,Adriano and Shevchenko? Do you think that Parry and Moores can pull that money out of their ar$es?

The last time I checked, a Russian mobster filled with money owns Chelsea not Liverpool FC.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ciggy » Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:23 pm

Poolinc. wrote:
The Canadian Red Army wrote:i think you should just quit now before you get your  kicked by the members of this forum, for posting some of the dumbest things weve seen in months.

Jaysus! I'm finding hard to believe the level of down right nastiness to someone who only wants Liverpool on top of the world..

Not being funny Poolinc but CRA has to be one of the most inoffensive members on this entire forum, I think you where wrong to quote his statement mate TBH.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:34 pm

HE CAN QUOTE MINE........I Still say the bloke you started this is an idiot.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:50 pm

actually i take that back i understand your passionate about the club and want us to compete,its just the players you have mentioned or similar are too damn expensive.Its ok saying Liverpool should have the pull and an attraction for a player,but unless we can pay whichever club, the price they want.....its a pipe dream.,
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Poolinc. » Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:58 pm

A.B. wrote:How do you expect us to buy Ronaldinho,Adriano and Shevchenko? Do you think that Parry and Moores can pull that money out of their ar$es?

The last time I checked, a Russian mobster filled with money owns Chelsea not Liverpool FC.

Well now that it's official, and the whole world knows what we have always known, that Liverpool are the best team on the planet....maybe the marketing team at Anfield could get the finger out and actually market the bloody team all over the world???
I mean how many Adriano Liverpool shirts could we flog in Brazil alone?? I'm no marketer, but I'd imagine we'd shift quite a few world wide!
Also, now that Stanley Park seems to be floundering, there's a possibilty of diverting a few bob! No?
If we have no benefactor, ala Chelsea, then we gotta take advantage of our official status to raise funds!!
Poolinc.

Postby Poolinc. » Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:05 am

drummerphil wrote:actually i take that back i understand your passionate about the club and want us to compete,its just the players you have mentioned or similar are too damn expensive.Its ok saying Liverpool should have the pull and an attraction for a player,but unless we can pay whichever club, the price they want.....its a pipe dream.,

Respect mate! :buttrock

But just imagine this? If i had asked you at half time in Istanbul, what was more likely? We'd win the Eurpean Cup on the night, or sign Adriano within 12 months?? Well dreaming and believing in the impossible is what makes Liverpool, and it's supporters, the best in the world! I know it's financially difficult, but, Hell, if we can't dream......
Poolinc.

Postby A.B. » Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:17 am

Well now that it's official, and the whole world knows what we have always known, that Liverpool are the best team on the planet....maybe the marketing team at Anfield could get the finger out and actually market the bloody team all over the world???

I mean how many Adriano Liverpool shirts could we flog in Brazil alone?? I'm no marketer, but I'd imagine we'd shift quite a few world wide!
Also, now that Stanley Park seems to be floundering, there's a possibilty of diverting a few bob! No?
If we have no benefactor, ala Chelsea, then we gotta take advantage of our official status to raise funds!!

So that makes us more popular but still doesn't increase our bankroll by millions and millions overnight. Face it, we don't have the finances to buy such players. Marketing alone can't get you the money Chelsea have. Only Chelsea imo can afford to buy all those players you've mentioned, but even though they can afford them none of those players really want to join them.

And to sell Adriano shirts, you first have to have the money to buy him. Money is not made as easily as you think it is, it takes a hell of alot more than marketing the club to be able to afford a couple of 100 thousand pounds per week per player, possibly more.

During the summer [whether it's true or not] Chelsea made a bid of 40 million pounds for Sheva. I don't know about you, but thats hell of a lot more than we can afford for just one player, thats more than our overall budget we've had in the past two summers.
Last edited by A.B. on Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:22 am

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:
Poolinc. wrote:
The Canadian Red Army wrote:i think you should just quit now before you get your  kicked by the members of this forum, for posting some of the dumbest things weve seen in months.

Jaysus! I'm finding hard to believe the level of down right nastiness to someone who only wants Liverpool on top of the world..

Not being funny Poolinc but CRA has to be one of the most inoffensive members on this entire forum, I think you where wrong to quote his statement mate TBH.

thx for the support ciggy
im sorry you took my statement out of context, but im trying to protect you. Ive seen to many new comers to this forums get their a$$ ripped to pieces by people like stu, leon and others. Its fine to post your thoughts and opinions, but they have to be within reason. Theirs nothing wrong with optimistic, thats good we need some around here. Its just because ive seen to many threads being changed into screaming matches at each other.
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Poolinc. » Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:11 pm

A.B. wrote:

So that makes us more popular but still doesn't increase our bankroll by millions and millions overnight. Face it, we don't have the finances to buy such players. Marketing alone can't get you the money Chelsea have. Only Chelsea imo can afford to buy all those players you've mentioned, but even though they can afford them none of those players really want to join them.

And to sell Adriano shirts, you first have to have the money to buy him. Money is not made as easily as you think it is, it takes a hell of alot more than marketing the club to be able to afford a couple of 100 thousand pounds per week per player, possibly more.

During the summer [whether it's true or not] Chelsea made a bid of 40 million pounds for Sheva. I don't know about you, but thats hell of a lot more than we can afford for just one player, thats more than our overall budget we've had in the past two summers.

Well A.B. I've read quite a few of your many excellent posts and I have nought but respect for your opion, even when at variance with my own.
I don't want to get bogged down on this but you have asked the question about raising money for Adriano (or any of his class, albeit, there isn't many). Again, I might be wrong (and I'm sure plenty will tell me if I am) but what's wrong with using him as a type of "business plan." 
Down to local bank... we need a loan to buy this guy who costs £40m. We expect to raise £Xm by flogging his shirt in every corner of the world! We expect his exceptional talent will help us win the Premiership, the Champion's League, therefore greatly increasing our advertising revenue, (not to mention tv income, etc.) by £Ym. Should we sell him again in a number of years, we expect to get £Zm. We'll also raise several millions by selling half a dozen players who are not up to the standard demanded at Anfield!
Voila! £40m ergo Adriano!!
Poolinc.

Postby Effes » Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:51 pm

Poolinc. wrote:
A.B. wrote:

Well A.B. I've read quite a few of your many excellent posts and I have nought but respect for your opion, even when at variance with my own.
I don't want to get bogged down on this but you have asked the question about raising money for Adriano (or any of his class, albeit, there isn't many). Again, I might be wrong (and I'm sure plenty will tell me if I am) but what's wrong with using him as a type of "business plan." 
Down to local bank... we need a loan to buy this guy who costs £40m. We expect to raise £Xm by flogging his shirt in every corner of the world! We expect his exceptional talent will help us win the Premiership, the Champion's League, therefore greatly increasing our advertising revenue, (not to mention tv income, etc.) by £Ym. Should we sell him again in a number of years, we expect to get £Zm. We'll also raise several millions by selling half a dozen players who are not up to the standard demanded at Anfield!

Gosh!
You've got this football lark completely sussed - what a bravo idea!

*shakes head in despair*
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:07 pm

Pool Inc I can see where you're coming from but it's like the Peter Risdale school of financial management has been reborn. It doesn't wash mate. Buying a couple of players doesn't assure you of success, living completely beyond your means does assure you of ultimate disaster though. I'm sort of with you in your frustration that we seem to miss out on the very best players, but alas we simply can't compete financially with some and that's a fact, however difficult to swallow. As we showed at times last season though, we can compete on the football pitch which is all that matters after all.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Poolinc. » Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:09 pm

Effes wrote:
Poolinc. wrote:
A.B. wrote:

Gosh!
You've got this football lark completely sussed - what a bravo idea!

*shakes head in despair*

How easy it is to be cynical :bowdown   My, my, a very impressive informative response. I salute you!! And that's an excellent suggestion from you! Err... what was your suggestion again, to improve Liverpool, etc., by the way?? I might be misguided but at least I'm trying to make positive suggestions instead of sniping from the sideline....
Poolinc.

Postby Poolinc. » Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:13 pm

bigmick wrote:Pool Inc I can see where you're coming from but it's like the Peter Risdale school of financial management has been reborn. It doesn't wash mate. Buying a couple of players doesn't assure you of success, living completely beyond your means does assure you of ultimate disaster though. I'm sort of with you in your frustration that we seem to miss out on the very best players, but alas we simply can't compete financially with some and that's a fact, however difficult to swallow. As we showed at times last season though, we can compete on the football pitch which is all that matters after all.

Yes Mick, I think you're right! It is frustration at the disappointment at the performance of some of more recent signings! It drives me daft when they don't go out and die for Liverpool fc.... Like everybody else, I want the good old days back, and when i see players not giving their all :angry:

Jaysus, I'd rob a bank to help buy the best for the Pool :buttrock
Poolinc.

Postby bigmick » Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:20 pm

Poolinc. wrote:Jaysus, I'd rob a bank to help buy the best for the Pool :buttrock

Alas even this approach has had it's day mate. They have these sofisticated systems (so I'm told) and it's not uncommon these days for Bank robbers to barely have enough for a Vauxhall Conference reservist once the ill-gotton gains have been "divvied" out. What with "grasses" and various other "slags" waiting to drop you in it there's no future in it anymore. I really must give the old Uk Gold generally and "The Sweeney" in particular a miss from now on.  :D
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Poolinc. » Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:22 pm

bigmick wrote:
Poolinc. wrote:Jaysus, I'd rob a bank to help buy the best for the Pool :buttrock

Alas even this approach has had it's day mate. They have these sofisticated systems (so I'm told) and it's not uncommon these days for Bank robbers to barely have enough for a Vauxhall Conference reservist once the ill-gotton gains have been "divvied" out. What with "grasses" and various other "slags" waiting to drop you in it there's no future in it anymore. I really must give the old Uk Gold generally and "The Sweeney" in particular a miss from now on.  :D

Perhaps the lads who did the northern bank have a few squid knocking around :eyebrow
Poolinc.

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion