Can we aim high in jan transfers?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby *XABIALONSO* » Sun Nov 13, 2005 7:59 pm

Poolinc. wrote:Right! We gotta get a striker in January!! Can we aim for Adriano or Ronaldhino or Shevshenko?? Can we at least explore the possibilty of attracting one of world's best, or should i just accept we ain't that attractive any more?

lol  :D  are you kidding me
Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that.        BILL SHANKLY
*XABIALONSO*

Postby Poolinc. » Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:05 pm

OK I will admit those are 3 fanciful wet dream type signings... But God if we sign a "promising bloody nobody" I'll scream!! WE SHOULD HAVE SIGNED OWEN!!!
Poolinc.

Postby Ciggy » Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:17 pm

Poolinc. wrote:WE SHOULD HAVE SIGNED OWEN!!!

Yer ok sell him for 8 million and buy him back for 16 million a year later ???
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:44 pm

Ledley King would be a great signing,hes a rock in defence and would be an ideal long term replacement for Hypia. So many times we have made the wrong decisions in the market for whatever reasons,and again i think itll happen with King.
With other richer clubs on the prowl,we have to act swift and silent . On the striking front -Robbie Keane is the man id want.
This guy is brilliant,hes always hungry add speed and strength to that and hes hard to overlook. Raid spurs i say! :D
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:50 pm

Poolinc. wrote:Right! We gotta get a striker in January!! Can we aim for Adriano or Ronaldhino or Shevshenko?? Can we at least explore the possibilty of attracting one of world's best, or should i just accept we ain't that attractive any more?

:D  :D

WTF ^.^ ???? ???

Mr. Craft will have to sell a lot of cheese to be able to give us the money for them.  :rasp

You been playing champ manager for to long mate. no offense
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:52 pm

I also read today that Martin Jol will try and sign Robben in January, apparently all is not rosy between him and Maureen, and if he wants to leave the Chavs he would be an excellent addition to our Liverpool squad.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:01 pm

i'd take robben anyday of the week. pure class when he's on the top of his game.

as if he'd go to spurs though. they're one of the most overhyped and overrated teams ever. :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby DrTNT » Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:03 pm

stmichael wrote:by the way poolinc, are you related to welsh wizzard?

related!! related!! they were separated at birth!

:D  :D
REST IN PEACE PHIL!
DrTNT

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:05 pm

I agree, I thought spurs were going to be class this year but as usual they cant seem to hold down performances and consistancy. They still have a class goalie tho and a future LFC defender/midfielder in King.

Sign king in January lol :p
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:09 pm

It would be great to sign players like Robben (all though has an attitude problem,kewell ?) and King (made to look like a conference player by Riquelme last night)....but where would the funding come from,unless there was more than we are being told about Parrys cheesy trip last week.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Garymac » Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:22 pm

I was talking to me brother in law to be a while ago and we both said that Robben was dodgy, quite simply because, modern day dutch footballers all seem to be to big for the own boots and think they are better than they are. They have now heart, caracter or spirit, most dutch footballers are technically gifted and beautiful footballers, but look at there national team for christ sake, they all arrogant ba*tards, remember there last great hope vander varrt, from Ajax, looked super when he broke into the Ajax side and everyone raved about him and what happened, couple of years later sold to Hamburg for 3 million. You have to be careful when buying a dutchmen cos they come with a bag full of arrogance and i think Robben is the same, its in there fu*king genes or something!

Theres no doubting Robbens qualitys though and he would be a quality buy for anyone.

Thats the only serious post im making in this thread  :D
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby bigmick » Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:47 pm

drummerphil wrote:King (made to look like a conference player by Riquelme last night)

Can't agree with that Phil though the Argentine playmaker had a huge influence on the game it can't be denied. My read on the game and king's role within it was that it showed that against the very highest level of opposition, (and they don't come much higher than Argentina) Ledley is only an adequate holding midfielder and no Worldbeater.
That said it's probably fair to remember that he is infact a centre-half and one out of the very top drawer in my opinion. I also think he will only get better as Spurs haven't been involved in Europe really since King came into the team and he has had only his sporadic International experience to get to know the continental way of playing and refereeing.
Certainly in the Premiership he would be a really good holding midfielder in an emergency, but more importantly a fantastic central-defender week-in week-out. I actually think he may start our first game in the World Cup at centre-half. Ferdinand continues to be unconvincing and Campbell is prone to injury these days.
King is no conference player mate, not by a mile.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:50 pm

I know Mick,but a few times last night Riquelme made him look a very ordinary midfield player (which he isnt to be honest) but i agree as a centre half i would love to have him at Anfield.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:02 pm

Gotta agree though Phil that Riquelme looked more than a little tasty to be honest. He looked to be the sort of player that it's almost impossible to press when in posession. England gave up on trying as the game went on, preferring to cut off his passing options rather than actually try and disposess him. I read somewhere that he was voted the best overseas player in La Liga over Ronaldhino which sort of says it all really. He truly is a fabulous footballer based on that showing and I reckon Stevie G would've been quite happy for once to be played wide and out of his way. Certainly Fat Frank like King didn't know which way he'd gone half the time.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:05 pm

i think you should just quit now before you get your :censored: kicked by the members of this forum, for posting some of the dumbest things weve seen in months.
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion