Can't wait for the season to start

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:49 pm

So much to look forward to if we can kick off from where we left off its gona be boss.

We lost just two games last season the only team to lose twice score more than anyone and not win the league it was a travesty, but our own fault 10 draws and Torres & Gerrard being injured for most of the season.

Now if we can start turning them draws into 3 points its feckin on  :buttrock

I honestly believe we will go through the season unbeaten a few more quality additions, keep the spine of the team, ship out the dead wood.

There is everything to play for, we have so much to look forward to, some really great games coming up in the league & CL.

Us battleing it out with the mancs for number 19 its going to be an exciting season, Chelsea with Ancelotti I dont think Carlos will be anything like Hiddink obvious he will need time to get used to the prem.

Ronaldo now he's buggered off I believe they will miss him more than they think, this one is different than when Beckham, Stam and Van Nistlehorse left they had the best years out of them players. Ronaldo is a different kettle of fish thats half of their attack gone and if Tevez goes even better, ageing Scholes, Giggs, Neville, lazy @rse Berbatov, sick note Duck lips.

They will be scared of us more so than last season, its ours to lose now we have gained some experience in the league both fans & players, great times ahead. No more silly draws and we will win it.

Get behind the team, and manager no negativity just belief.

No 19 coming home soon  :buttrock
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:55 pm

I'm having withdrawal symptoms already Cig. Now that the fixtures are out I can't wait for the season to start again. My weekends have become relatively boring in recent weeks.

Fortunately I have the Lions and The Ashes to occupy me in the meantime. :D
Last edited by stmichael on Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby GYBS » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:00 pm

Great post ciggy and agree one hundred per cent - This could well be our year  :bowdown
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:03 pm

I'm extremely encouraged by Ancellotti's early moves. Apparently he wants that Gattuso bloke to be Chelsea's destryer, he's having a fecking laugh isn't he  :laugh: :laugh: What with Big Phil thinking Deco would be the answer, now we've got a bloke thinking a five feet two Captain Caveman is going to terrify the Premiership. Where do these feckers come from, it beggers belief it really does.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:06 pm

Gattuso seemed to do the job for Milan and Italian International team for a fair number of years - he would be a good replacement for the Makalele role and certainly a lot better than Mikel .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:06 pm

It'll be stupid to ever write United off but Ronaldo going will significantly weaken them. Nobody can relace the number of goals he's scored in recent seasons. Berbatov has been poor. Their central midfield is lightweight (they don't have an enforcer) and Scholes and Giggs are well past it. Nani has been another waste of money. Their success last season was based on their defence and a string of 1-0 wins.

Chelsea are always going to be strong but as you said, a lot depends on the manager and how quickly he settles. They also have an ageing squad (I still can't believe Drogba is still there and Ballack got offered a new 1 year deal).

Arsenal still need 2-3 top class players to challenge as there's a possiblity Adebayor will go and Van Persie is stalling on a new contract.

It's all looking good aslong as we can hold onto our best players.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Sabre » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:06 pm

I have loads of respect to the football of Gattusso. Without that meaning I can say he'll be succesful in a different football league.

The season is so far away...  :no I can't wait.
Last edited by Sabre on Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:09 pm

Well there is some good news for Chelsea. Schevcenko's back  :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Ciggy » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:12 pm

Sabre wrote:The season is so far away...  :no I can't wait.

Can't wait is a figure of speech Sabre, cant wait for my hols maybe months away, cant wait for christmas months away etc etc.

Cant wait for the footie to start cause im bored feckin sh!tless :angry:  :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:14 pm

Sabre wrote:I have loads of respect to the football of Gattusso. Without that meaning I can say he'll be succesful in a different football league.

The season is so far away...  :no I can't wait.

Well I'm saying here and now Sabes that he will be a flop in the Premiership. A mile away from being good enough for a top team IMHO.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:17 pm

Ciggy wrote:Cant wait for the footie to start cause im bored feckin sh!tless :angry:  :D

There is always the Confederations Cup  :down:  :down:  :down:
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:19 pm

im playing virtual manager im so bored...

we need our football!!!!!
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:22 pm

bigmick wrote:
Sabre wrote:I have loads of respect to the football of Gattusso. Without that meaning I can say he'll be succesful in a different football league.

Well I'm saying here and now Sabes that he will be a flop in the Premiership. A mile away from being good enough for a top team IMHO.

You might have a point Mick didnt he flop at Rangers? He was great against us in Istanbul but he's now 4 years older, he's 31 now and our league isnt Serie A where the games played at a much slower pace (see The Doss for details), heard Chelsea want Pirlo aswell, also no spring chicken but a great passer of the ball.

Carvalho and Deco are going to Inter and I expect a few more will be following them out the door.
Last edited by Ciggy on Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:24 pm

Once they dont get Pato.

They can take whoever else they want from Milan
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:24 pm

Ciggy wrote:Carvalho and Deco are going to Inter and I expect a few more will be following them out the door.

Unbelievable to think that Deco was the Premiership player of the Month in August.

Carvalho will be a massive miss for them. Imo he's a better player than Terry and I don't really rate Alex. Mancienne is still a kid so they'll obviously have to bring another centre half in.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion