Can't wait for the season to start

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Dundalk » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:58 pm

Salif Diao is better than any of them

FACT!!
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:08 pm

You can shove your two pence worth as well Hiemdall not in the mood for sh.it from people like you .

Stick to the point of the subject without the digs its quite simple .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby thegreedo » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:25 pm

He's no Jean Michel Ferri that's for damn sure!! :cool:

"BIGGER??.... I'M NOT 'AVIN' THAT!.... TELL ME WHO'S BIGGER THAN LIVERPOOL???" - Jamie Carragher.

Drummer, gone but never forgotten!
thegreedo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:26 pm

Not a patch on Igor Biscan
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:01 pm

GYBS wrote:You can shove your two pence worth as well Hiemdall not in the mood for sh.it from people like you .

Stick to the point of the subject without the digs its quite simple .

oooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p  :rasp
heimdall

Postby Igor Zidane » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:06 pm

GYBS wrote:Not a patch on Igor Biscan

Fact .
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:42 pm

It seems like everytime i pick up a paper or put on the TV another players is apparently unhappy at the club, we're skint and have to sell players, we're facing a mass exodus blah blah blah.

Why has there not been an insight into other teams? Arsenal don't have a pot to p**s in yet nothing is said about how much they are struggling.

Why has there been no indepth analysis as to how Utd will struggle without Ronaldo etc?

Bring on the new season.
Last edited by stmichael on Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Greavesie » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:43 pm

couldnt agree more StMick. its doing my head in and we're only onto week three of the transfer window
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Judge » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:50 pm

Gattuso is underated coz he's shi'te
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:44 pm

isn't training about to start sometime soon?
JoeTerp

Postby Parkinson » Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:15 pm

I was looking forward to the season starting until I saw the prospect of Alonso going to Madrid and Mascharano to Barca taking shape. This saga has got me pre-occupied somewhat than the usual excitment of the new season begining. It is weird because we have never been considered a 'selling' club, well not in my opinion anyway. Yet here we find ourselves on the other foot for a change and I don't envy the likes of Athletico M, Valencia, West Ham, Spurs or any other side that produces or has players who catch the eye of loftier clubs.

I do apologise for not being able to share my excitment about the new season because as its turning out, the summer sagas have got me concerened.
Parkinson

Postby tubby » Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:11 pm

JoeTerp wrote:isn't training about to start sometime soon?

Yeah in 2 weeks I think.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redbeergoggles » Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:09 pm

Why has a thread that was started off by Ciggy ,with such vigour and with such enthusiasm about our prospects for the new season ,been allowed to deteriorate into the usual drivel ,why for once can a thread not continue in the manner it was penned ,if you have nothing encouraging rather than detrimental to say ,then there are plenty of other threads you could post in ...
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby Dundalk » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:24 pm

Wouldnt it be nice to start the season away to Spurs, knowing  Mash and Xabi will be in the middle. These two are top drawer players who know the system we play and can play it, replacing either one of them will be very hard.

Glens in and if we add one more then great but i just hope we can keep these two and ill be a happy man
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:26 pm

Ha ha what a great story. Anyone near Cork

Kop this –Pool to take on West Cork’s best
By Sean O’Riordan

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

IT pays to think big – just ask members of a small, rural soccer club who have landed a match against Liverpool.

Dunmanway Town XI player David Hall simply called Anfield six weeks ago and asked would the men in red like to travel to west Cork for a game.

"I had my reservations when he did it. We have no association with the club and I honestly thought they’d ignore us," club manager John Buckley said.

"Now we’re just over the moon."

Liverpool won’t be sending Steven Gerrard or Fernando Torres but have promised to field a squad which could include Dutch internationals Dirk Kuyt and Ryan Babel as well as French under-21 David Ngog and Daniel Agger.

The David v Goliath clash will take place at 2pm on August 6, but not on the Dunmanway club’s pitch. "We simply wouldn’t have the space. We’re hoping to attract up to 3,000 fans, so we will be staging the match at Maria Immaculata Community College, in Dunmanway," Mr Buckley said.

Liverpool club secretary, Ian Silvester, confirmed yesterday they had accepted the invitation and will fly into Cork the night before the game.

"In its decision to hold this game Liverpool FC, who are aware of their enormous fan base in the region, are bringing a taste of the Premier League to all their fans in west Cork," Mr Buckley said.

The club were runners up in the West Cork Premier League last season. But they won’t be able to match Liverpool’s firepower.

"We are hoping to draft in a couple of League of Ireland players so we can make a game of it. Liverpool are aware of our intention and have no problem with it," Mr Buckley said.

Tickets will cost €20 for adults and €10 for children and senior citizens.

The club, which has around 300 members, will use the money raised to further develop its pitches and purchase new equipment.

It’s unlikely that any fans will travel over from the Kop but then Liverpool needn’t worry as there are thousands of their supporters in Cork who will no doubt be clamouring for tickets.

Read more: http://examiner.ie/ireland....Cunao&C
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion