Can't wait for the carlsberg cup! - Portsmouth was the last straw houlier

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Bring Dalglish back » Sun Feb 22, 2004 7:45 pm

Just as I've put in this topic title, I 'can't wait for the Carlsberg Cup' in the pre-season - perhaps we may break into sweat with it being the summer. Today's game against Portsmouth was for me, the last straw and Houlier must go.

I don't know who is in more of a shambles: Man Utd's defence or our side. I tend to think it is the latter because at least Fergie has enough decent players to field a starting eleven whereas our French muppit of a manager, has in the last three years, transformed our side for the worst:

Kirkland - Reasonable

Finnan - Reasonable

Henchoz - Reasonable

Hyypia - The only consistent person in defence, who we can regularly rely upon

Carragher - Worthy of being a Liverpool player

Hamann - Class act

Gerrard - Class act

Le Tallec - Nowhere near being good enough for a regular inclusion in the side and is certainly not a world-class player, which a club with such a stature as Liverpool needs

Cheyrou - Don't make me laugh

Sinama Pongolle - Even worse than the aforementioned player

Heskey - Blows hot and cold

Owen - Unfortunately, Michael is struggling to score at the moment, but is definately world-class

The moral of my point is that we have too many liabilities in our side!!!!!!
"People Say football is a matter of life and death" , " I believe it is much more important than that", Bill Shankly.
Bring Dalglish back
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Feb 23, 2004 2:20 pm

i agree with you entirely. with the exception of finnan we have the same defence as the treble season who were absolutely exceptional all year. our main problem is that without gerrard we have no invention at all going forward.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Owzat » Mon Feb 23, 2004 2:28 pm

Pongolle isn't that bad, given a run in the side he could do a lot better

No thoughts on Baros?!?!?!
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ynwa » Mon Feb 23, 2004 2:34 pm

Cheyrou Salif Diao  Igor Biscan Vladimir Smicer El-Hadji Diouf Djimi Traore all should leave they have not right forwearing the red
walk on walk on with hope in your heart
rafalution
18/5
god is back
ynwa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redandblue » Mon Feb 23, 2004 5:08 pm

If we don't finish in the top six, do we play the Inter Toto?
redandblue
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bring Dalglish back » Mon Feb 23, 2004 6:19 pm

Owzat wrote:Pongolle isn't that bad, given a run in the side he could do a lot better

No thoughts on Baros?!?!?!

Come on guys - wake up and smell the coffee.

We need to buy in pre-season at least 6 top-class players such as the Kewell acquisition last summer, in order to at least challenge the likes of Manchester United or Arsenal. "Fringe players", which Houllier has admitted he prefers spending his cash on - such as Pongole, is just not good enough.

Let me put it another way: If you had 50 quid to buy a new shirt, in all probability you would go into Liverpool city centre and purchase a decent top from the likes of 'Next', 'Burtons', 'River Island', 'Gap' or 'Topman'. Again, in all probability you would not spend it on a cheap replica made by 'naf naf' or 'Kickers' from the market. Similarly, the top dog (Moores) needs to lay the law down on Houllier, who is spending his hard earned cash, (LIVERPOOL'S CASH) on cheap and nasty players from the likes of France.
"People Say football is a matter of life and death" , " I believe it is much more important than that", Bill Shankly.
Bring Dalglish back
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby THEBARON » Mon Feb 23, 2004 8:18 pm

Don't forget that the current manager has spent over £ 100 million on players since he took over !
Yes you can argue that he has recouped many millions back with his sales but it is still a large amount.
Can we afford to let Houllier waste any more of our money. What is certain is that amount of money will not be available to spend under the current regime over the next few years. Don't forget that a lot of his earlier purchases ( and arguably the best ) were financed with the money from Granada. If we fail to qualify for the Champions League and continue ahead with the plans to build a new stadium then the funds available to the manager will be even less.
If the board continue to dither and avoid their responsibilities to the club and the fans then it could have serious long term repercussions.
We fell back a long way as the 1990's progressed  ..I worry about our imminent future if changes are not made.
THEBARON

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion