Can i just ask? - Where are the biscan slaters

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Starbridge42 » Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:14 pm

But he played as a striker for Monaco before he moved to Juventus, and he was a good striker for them.  He was ****** as a winger for Juve and then joined Arsenal and played as a striker again... does it occur to you that maybe he didnt grow up playing as a winger?
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby Leonmc0708 » Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:17 pm

Starbridge42 wrote:No Andieldorer not irrelevent.  You may not believe but there is a big difference in positions.  Would Stevie G be anywhere near as good as he was last season if he was played at centre back?  Hell no! 

You picked the wrong guy to use as an example, Stevie G would be awesome anywhere on the park.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:20 pm

I beg to differ, he would be nowhere near as potent at centre back as he is at centre mid.  You then translate that to Biscan who is inferior to Stevie G and you get a compartive result.  Stevie would be average at centre-back if he is world class at centre mid

Biscan who is a good player at centre-mid (his favoured position) is ****** at centre-back.  Its all relative.
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby maximus » Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:24 pm

Starbridge42 wrote:But he played as a striker for Monaco before he moved to Juventus, and he was a good striker for them.  He was ****** as a winger for Juve and then joined Arsenal and played as a striker again... does it occur to you that maybe he didnt grow up playing as a winger?

Fair point, but facts are facts - we are talking about basic fottballing skills and technique (I agree with Leons view on Stevie G). IMO the problem with Biscan last season was that he was very low on confidence, and perhaps did not have the positive mental attitude to play to the level he is this season, this is testament to the new regime at Anfield, more than the player himself, however that said, there are some players beyond help i.e Diao.
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby Starbridge42 » Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:32 pm

Fair enough but each position requires different attributes.  Poor passing is a sign of low confidence, not low ability a weak pass is low abilit, bad tackling is the sign of someone trying to hard not someone who cant tackle, no tackle is the sign of someone not good enough and so on.   I'll agree with you that he was low on confidence but thats because of the 'quicksand' effect.
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:42 pm

As Leon said, Stevie could play anywhere and still stand out.

Biscan is a central midfielder. He's not versitile enough to play well consistently in another position.

I've always thought he had potential if he played in the right position from moments of skill he's shown, certain tackles and interceptions he makes, his size and his ability to dribble and spot a clever ball. He had never quite put it all together untill that Depor game and i hope that this is a sign of things to come from Igor. I really do believe if he conintues to improve and continues in this sort of form he can move up again in the pecking order ahead of Didi Hamann.
115-1073096938

Postby Red_Si » Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:35 pm

Just in!!! -

Real Madrid are lining up a £27m swoop for Liverpool sensation Igor Biscan. The Spanish club view the Croatian colossus as the 'new Zidane'.

When asked to comment on these rumours, Madrid supremo
Count El Bastardo said "Who needs Gerrard when you can get Igor?"
Red_Si

Postby bigmick » Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:38 pm

HEY! HANDS OFF BASTARDO!  27 MILLION? PAH, THAT WOULDN'T EVEN BUY ONE LEG OF IGOR! (Did he say 27 million? Pounds? Get him back on the phone!)
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:46 pm

Oh pesetas? Get him back on the phone anyway.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion