Can i just ask? - Where are the biscan slaters

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Benitez No1 » Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:44 pm

Taff i agree it would be good if Biscan could play that well and make a good chanalleng for the first team, but just can't see it
Benitez No1

Postby anfieldadorer » Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:45 pm

well-said santa
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benitez No1 » Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:46 pm

Santa couldn't agree with you more mate
Benitez No1

Postby taff » Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:47 pm

Benitez No1 wrote:Taff i agree it would be good if Biscan could play that well and make a good chanalleng for the first team, but just can't see it

Well he will never get a better chance than now

What about SG returning does anyone think that it could have some negative aspect
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maximus » Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:50 pm

jim_morrison_supported_liverpool wrote:have you been reading this thread or do thinmgs have to be repeated???

HE WAS PLAYED AT CENTRE BACK AND HE ISNT ONE.

HOLD YOUR JUDGMENTS ON OUR PLAYERS UNTIL WE HAVE A MANAGER WITH BRAINS WHO WILL PUT THEM IN THE POSITION THEY WERE BOUGHT FOR.

would you like someone judging you in a job you couldnt do, and didnt ask to do?

Jim,

I agree with what you are saying to a point, but is there really that much difference between centre midfield and centreback?? I am talking about basic footballing skill and technique, surely a footballer of quality would be able to switch and play different positions within reason. After all he wasn't asked to play in goal last season was he ?

the fact of the matter is, he has IMPROVED this season under the stewardship of Raffa, however that does not necessarily make him a player who is integral to the future of Liverpool Football Club.

I will put my hands up and admit I slated him last season, like most others, but nothing makes me happier than players that play well for the club I love.

One thing I will say about Igor, even though he was getting slated last season, he still went about his job in an honest and professional manner, which is more than can be said of others who have played and still playing for this club.
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby Benitez No1 » Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:56 pm

I think that this is the best opportunity for Biscan to shine, but do you think that Benitez is gonna risk, giving him the chance.  I would be the first to hold my hands up if Biscan was to be the player everyone wants him to be.  But I think a bit too late.

As for SG coming back I just hope he doesn't start thinking he is too big for the club
Benitez No1

Postby Santa » Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:00 pm

As for SG coming back I just hope he doesn't start thinking he is too big for the club

Now that we have Alonso, I hoped not. It should be a joy watching both of them in the centre of the field.
Last edited by Santa on Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:20 pm

Santa wrote:
jim_morrison_supported_liverpool wrote:i seem to remember all i was doing a while ago was arguing that Biscan was not sh*t and just needed to be played in centre mid a few times. a few months ago you were a laughing stock if you supported Biscan.

i'd love to find those old theads as i cant remember who you were!!!

Jim, are you the one that constantly backed Biscan during the course of last season? If so I would like to find the thread.

Credit where it is due...but Biscan was a bag of nerve if you watch him last season. Obviously, blame should go to GH for playing his at the back where he is not at all comfortable but we can only judge a player who played. Will you backed El-Hadji Diouf if he is played as a striker with Owen?...don't think so. Talented he might be but he is also indicipline & inconsistent.

So kudos to Igor and Rafa for his performance of late but he has not actually set the game alight, has he? Who knows what will happened next?

I was not the one who tagged him 5hite but he was clearly a liability to the team of last season and it was not a wrong call. When Gerrard and Alonso are both fit, I don't think he will get a sniff at this position.

Come back when he can justified taking over Xabi and Stevie and we will try to give you a medal for your foresight and judgement.

no i'm afriad that wasnt me. i wasnt posting until July this year. i agree he was a liability last year and shouldnt have been playing, but i did want to see him given a chance at centre mid so people would get off his back.
its not the chilli sauce on kebabs that give you ring-sting, its the actual meat. had one without chilli, and still had ring-sting. the chilli's only there to mask the nonsense they stuff inside that bread.
jim_morrison_supported_liverpool
LFC Super Member

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:23 pm

i think to wrap this up now, all we can say is time will tell. we''l see if his performances continue, if they do, he should stay.

what i dread is the day he has a bad game (just like everyone else bar Carragher has done this season, then the snipers will be out sayin "told you so." and it wont be justified
its not the chilli sauce on kebabs that give you ring-sting, its the actual meat. had one without chilli, and still had ring-sting. the chilli's only there to mask the nonsense they stuff inside that bread.
jim_morrison_supported_liverpool
LFC Super Member

Postby who the hell is diarra » Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:09 pm

I'd much rather see him in the team ahead of Diao , i'd be happy to see him in the team if Didi or Xabi need a rest.   :)
Always Look on the bright side of life
der der ........der der der der der

Drummerphil You'll never walk alone
who the hell is diarra
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:02 pm

don't even need to read this one Jim to know I'm bang to rights. I said, without taking the pee, to Stu that if he spotted something in Traore last season he's a better man than me Gungadin. I say the same to you now Jim, if you spotted talent and promise in Igor then i take my hat off to you sir. Only hope you'll do the same to me when Robert Earnshaw wins the golden boot.     :D
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:09 pm

jim_morrison_supported_liverpool wrote:i seem to remember all i was doing a while ago was arguing that Biscan was not sh*t and just needed to be played in centre mid a few times. a few months ago you were a laughing stock if you supported Biscan.

i'd love to find those old theads as i cant remember who you were!!!

Three good games in four years does not justify spending £7.5M and around £45K per week.

I would love it if he did prove everyone wrong as he has worked his @rse off everytime he has been given the chance.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:59 am

maximus wrote:
jim_morrison_supported_liverpool wrote:have you been reading this thread or do thinmgs have to be repeated???

HOLD YOUR JUDGMENTS ON OUR PLAYERS UNTIL WE HAVE A MANAGER WITH BRAINS WHO WILL PUT THEM IN THE POSITION THEY WERE BOUGHT FOR.

would you like someone judging you in a job you couldnt do, and didnt ask to do?

Jim,

I agree with what you are saying to a point, but is there really that much difference between centre midfield and centreback?? I am talking about basic footballing skill and technique, surely a footballer of quality would be able to switch and play different positions within reason. After all he wasn't asked to play in goal last season was he ?

agreed, and jim insisted to associate biscan's case to carragher if he's to be put up-front, very irrelevant.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:03 pm

anfieldadorer wrote:
maximus wrote:

Jim,

agreed, and jim insisted to associate biscan's case to carragher if he's to be put up-front, very irrelevant.

No Andieldorer not irrelevent.  You may not believe but there is a big difference in positions.  Would Stevie G be anywhere near as good as he was last season if he was played at centre back?  Hell no!  And that is a good example (the carra up front example wasnt the best) because they play the same position.  Every position is unique, and moving from centre-mid to centre-half is a massive change, as anyone who has played football with any half decent team can testify and I'm not talking about watching proffesional I'm talking about when you dont have half a dozen guys including youngsters who's favoured position is all that one.

If I played centre-back or striker I would be ******, I play right wing and I'm in the Qld U15 rep team and the Aus U15 rep team.  You need to play your own position.

I'll repeat it, what if stevie had played centre-back last year?
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby maximus » Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:08 pm

Starbridge42 wrote:
anfieldadorer wrote:
maximus wrote:

Jim,

No Andieldorer not irrelevent.  You may not believe but there is a big difference in positions.  Would Stevie G be anywhere near as good as he was last season if he was played at centre back?  Hell no!  And that is a good example (the carra up front example wasnt the best) because they play the same position.  Every position is unique, and moving from centre-mid to centre-half is a massive change, as anyone who has played football with any half decent team can testify and I'm not talking about watching proffesional I'm talking about when you dont have half a dozen guys including youngsters who's favoured position is all that one.

If I played centre-back or striker I would be ******, I play right wing and I'm in the Qld U15 rep team and the Aus U15 rep team.  You need to play your own position.

I'll repeat it, what if stevie had played centre-back last year?

All I would say to that is...........Thierry Henry........winger to striker (not a bad one at that!!)
maximus
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion