Can benitez get us the title? - Thoughts and views

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby flipmode » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:30 am

After the two cup defeats, i have noticed many arguments not only on this Forum, but other websites with peoples views and thoughts........

I admit after last night it looks bleak with our reserves and youth when you compare to Arsenal's, but i do feel a few timely and worthy transfers will help the cause.

I myself have a huge belief in Benitez, thoughts please.....
ImageImageImageImage
flipmode
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sarge » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:39 am

Can benitez get us the title?

What title exactly are you talking about?

CL - done
FA - done
charity shield - done
euro super cup - done
premiership - not

come to think about it, he's sure one of the best there is after considering how many years he's been here.
http://www.pbh2.com/humor/soccer-dive-gifs/attachment/soccer-dive-gifs-2/
Sarge

Postby CardinalRed » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:41 am

Only one way he will......... By us getting behind him and not coming out with all the knee jerk cr*p that I've read on other threads. Rafa IS the man who can so let's all show the non-believers!!!

:cool:
CardinalRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby flipmode » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:46 am

Sarge wrote:Can benitez get us the title?

What title exactly are you talking about?

CL - done
FA - done
charity shield - done
euro super cup - done
premiership - not

come to think about it, he's sure one of the best there is after considering how many years he's been here.

I said myself i have huge belief in him, this isn't an attack on him, i have read so much from Winkers saying after the last two matches quote "he has had his day", or "CL was his day now hes finished" I have even heard people saying we should get rid of him and bring in Big Fat Sam from Bolton  :angry: !!!!

I think Benitez is fantastic boss and last night was just a set back, problem is so many of the so called fans who jumped on our wagon after we won the CL.......

I love LFC i Love Rafa and i believe in him faithfully!

YNWA!
ImageImageImageImage
flipmode
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sarge » Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:10 pm

my thoughts exactly.

to those feeble supporters who keep comparing rafa youth system to wenger's, here's a thought...

how many years exactly wenger cultivated his youth system compared to our benitez? 9,10 years? Benitez still have 7 more years to be compared apple to apple. I don't hear much about chelsea's youth system for pete's sakes!
how many years exactly wenger, fergie took to land massive collection of silverwares compared to our benitez? Benitez did 4 including the "big one" within the first 3 years.

we have a good manager here. let's keep him and have faith.
http://www.pbh2.com/humor/soccer-dive-gifs/attachment/soccer-dive-gifs-2/
Sarge

Postby Loyalist » Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:22 pm

I would like to say yes, he will get us the title, but now i'm not so sure.  But here's a thought, if the takeover goes ahead, does anyone think the new owners will keep the manager or replace him after the farce of the last two matches and the fact that his record against Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea are far from good.:)
Loyalist

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:24 pm

Simple question , simple answer, Rafa can give us the title ,but not with this squad .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Novo » Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:35 pm

Hi,it´s my first post.
It´s time to say YNWA for the team and for Benitez.
About the question i think Rafa can give us the title but not this season and not with this squad.
Novo

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:35 pm

woof woof ! wrote:Simple question , simple answer, Rafa can give us the title ,but not with this squad .

Nuff said, really.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Mikz » Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:53 pm

woof woof ! wrote:Simple question , simple answer, Rafa can give us the title ,but not with this squad .

Theres your answer.
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:16 am

But how come this squad can beat bolton 3-0, looking great, but when we come against one of the 'big 3' we shat ourselves? i think tis more confidence than ability in all honesty
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:27 am

I'll tell you what try living with a Gooner as a wife like i do cause it's Friggin unbearable she's so f@'ck1N smug :D when i try and defend the team and manager she tells me i makin up excuses, which then makes me take cheap shots (Sorry ladies) about women should go and watch net ball and why do you think there's no women refs in England? i told her the refs are blind enough without there Ti...ts gettin in the way.

She called me a [email]f@ck..in[/email] shovenist pig bloody cheek  :angry:
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:28 am

a gooner for a wife? ok, u win mate :D
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:36 am

dawson99 wrote:But how come this squad can beat bolton 3-0, looking great, but when we come against one of the 'big 3' we shat ourselves? i think tis more confidence than ability in all honesty

Well tbh I don't know if anyone else has noticed this but when it comes to playing the other big teams in the league we seem to set out stalls out tactically to 'not lose'. Sort of defend and try and hit on the counter. This hasn't worked so far.

But of course, it's not only the big teams you need to win against. We need to stop needlessly dropping points at teams like Boro.

As woof said, if the DIC give us alot of money and Rafa's able to buy the players he wants because I still maintain that he wanted alves but couldn't afford him and so went for Pennant. Also in saying that I think he wanted darren bent instead of bellamy but didn't have the money. But bellamy's proved to be a hit for me anyway.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:41 am

Ive never criticized rafa before as he has done so much for this club but it definately appears to me he will try his own ideas first and will risk cup competitions to see for himself whether or not he is right in what he does. As a supporter i am disheartened with what has gone on in the last couple of games (both against Arsenal) because it shows more than ever how far behind we are of the big clubs. I dont blame rafa for this but i do blame rafa for his stubborness. Post match conferences are always the same, mistakes cost us, we had possession ! ENOUGH ! you picked the wrong players or the wrong system just once admit that then we can start progressing.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion