Calm down ffs! - It's not all doom and gloom.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby bigmick » Sun Oct 03, 2004 10:24 pm

C'mon lads, am I the only one on the forum who was encouraged by todays performance? I thought that despite what appeared to be an excentric selection, we competed and defended better and pressed the ball as a team much more effectively. I thought Kirkland did ok, it was a top save for the one that Kewell headed off the line and Cisse had his most effective game since joining us by a distance. No honestly I mean it, I thought he did much better today. I'm afraid I'm gonna have to give up on kewell, his heads gone but apart from him who was a disgrace, we didn't fare too badly.
Traore and Daio didn't look good enough but then we knew that anyway didn't we? I'm certainly more encouraged than I was after Old Trafford or Greece, it could have been better, but it could have been worse as well. Not many teams will get much there this season. Stick with the gaffa, he's having to deal with the dross he was left which is not easy. Takes time to climb a mountain lads so hang on in there.   :cool:
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sun Oct 03, 2004 10:32 pm

bigmick wrote:Stick with the gaffa, he's having to deal with the dross he was left which is not easy. Takes time to climb a mountain lads so hang on in there.   :cool:

Excellent point mate, agree with you completly :)
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Sun Oct 03, 2004 10:53 pm

Actually, your right, there were signs that we were getting it together. I thought Harry Kewell really tried to contribute at both ends of the park, Carra had an immense game and literally saw off the dreaded Drogba.
Josmi had his hands full with Duff, but put on a creditable show. Pity about Alonso's free kicks, he was using a three wood when a five iron was required. Riise was lost in space for the Cole Goal, but worryingly,both Cisse and Baros failed to impress. Never mind, we did look better and a draw would have been a fair result. :)
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby whylongball? » Sun Oct 03, 2004 11:41 pm

thats what i was saying in the other thread. I saw lots of improvements in this game, defensively. And Diao seems ofer more aggression than Hamann :)
whylongball?

Postby madred » Sun Oct 03, 2004 11:48 pm

Dont want be negative redrider but Chelsea could really have had 3-4 goals today with the openings that they created. We have to get one thing straight about Diao though. The lad is not good enough to be playing for Liverpool FC. Thats not a criticism but its plain truth. I thought Josemi had his worst game for us but he was up against Duff. If anything i feel a bit sorry for Rafa because i think he will know what he wants in the future but its a question of if he will get it?
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Sun Oct 03, 2004 11:55 pm

look at the diffrence in the squad 200 million rafa left raneri behind a great squad as did raneri for mourinho mourinho let porto behind a rubbish side if your bein honest so did houiller with the exception of some indvuials. but diao and traoe there hopless and as for the spainish trio i was not impressed it like the team was afraid of goin forward and garcia can't defend when kewell got forwar.d we need some cash to strength i would even take mista its got that bad wat about morientes he seem to be down the pecking order and we could of got him in the summer but the only downside he can't play in europe
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Mon Oct 04, 2004 12:06 am

i am sorry but i can not belive what is being said here ...over the last few game we have been so poor , we have some good players that are just not playing well for us . today was so bad we had 1 shot on target for me that is unacceptable, some managers have lost there jobs after games like today and rightly so , if we have good players then it must be down to the manager that is not using them right , we can take no good points frpom today apart that we did not go down by 6-0 .
things must changer from here on . if it is still like this by the end of the year we wil be looking for a new manager and a new player to replace stevie
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Mon Oct 04, 2004 12:10 am

we can't rely on steven gerrard we need creative how about giving young darren potter a chance in the middle he will do better than diao and he's bein very impressive for  the reserves
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Mon Oct 04, 2004 12:12 am

Benitez was set 2 targets by liverpool to start with they where to still be in the Champions League and to still be intouch in the Premiership at xmas , this was reported by most of the press at the time of him coming to us
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Mon Oct 04, 2004 12:16 am

lakes10 wrote:Benitez was set 2 targets by liverpool to start with they where to still be in the Champions League and to still be intouch in the Premiership at xmas , this was reported by most of the press at the time of him coming to us

dnt mean to sound neagitive but if we are still in the champions league and 4th or there abouts come january he will have done well with the players at his disapoal and needs to buy in january morientes or aimar hopefully fingers crossed but i live in reality in won't happen  :(
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Mon Oct 04, 2004 12:18 am

but if you look at the players that we have got new in the season they are some great names but look how they are playing , also if we keep on playing like this good players will not want to come to liverpool, 14 years is to long
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Mon Oct 04, 2004 12:19 am

we need a take over and for tons of cash
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Mon Oct 04, 2004 12:22 am

we have a good squad with some excellent indvuials but football is a team game its not about one or two indvuials look at everton for instance they dnt have any star but have a good manger well displinced and have good balanced side. there defence is solid there midfiled is alright midfield with cahill and gravsen and there striker aint the best but the sell of rooney gave the squad a boose after the summer they had and there secound and have a small squad with 19 outfield players.
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adayinthelife » Mon Oct 04, 2004 12:23 am

lakes10 wrote:Benitez was set 2 targets by liverpool to start with they where to still be in the Champions League and to still be intouch in the Premiership at xmas , this was reported by most of the press at the time of him coming to us

If we win our game in hand at home to portsmouth we will be 4th.

We still have a great chance of topping our group in champs lge too but yet if we keep playing like we are doing away from home will that be enough to convince Gerrard to stay ???
Smith to Shankly:My thigh is a bit sore,but I think I could play.
Shankly to Fagan:Tell him,Joe.He has got no chance of playing.
Smith to Fagan:Tell him to sod off.It is not his leg,it's mine.
Shankly to Smith:Oh no son.You are wrong,son.It is not your leg.
It is Liverpool Football Club's leg.
adayinthelife
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Mon Oct 04, 2004 12:23 am

lakes10 wrote:we need a take over and for tons of cash

is that about it lakes10 im sure david moores would love to keep benitzes money but with the money houiller wasted he can't
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion