Buying a right sided player - How will it affect us?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Kiwi-Kopite » Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:42 pm

I think that lineup is good, but i would play riise instead of kewell in that role. With warnock left back.
Kiwi-Kopite

Postby A.B. » Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:49 pm

Kiwi-Kopite wrote:I think that lineup is good, but i would play riise instead of kewell in that role. With warnock left back.

Why exactly? Kewell has been doing well as of late and playing better and better in every game *touch wood*. Keep Riise as LB, stick with Kewell on the left. If it ain't broke don't fix it.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Alonso14 » Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:40 pm

I think we will see more of Garcia coming into the second half of the season.

I think rafa mite of been saving him for the home games and the big european nights. Only time ill tell but im sure his going to be in the first 11 alot more in this part of the season. :blues:
Alonso14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bretc » Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:27 am

To play the Valencia system of 4-5-1, u need the right players to play it right. The players must understand how the system works and must know when to support the lone striker and when to drop back. Most of the players we have now are more familiar withthe 4-4-2 system and can't play the 4-5-1 as effectively as what Rafa wants. With a new RM, Gerrard can drop back to central midfield and inflict more damage to the opposition, still in a 4-4-2 formation until Rafa managed to totally get his idea acrocss to the players and get them to play his desired 4-5-1 formation effectively.

Alonso and Gerrard can still be a great pairing in the 4-4-2 central midfield. Alonso is a very clever player and does his fair bit of tackles as well. He may not be the Keane or Viera type of holding midfielder but he's good enough to play that role behind Gerrard. He's a quality player and always give me 110% confidence whenever I see him play.

So even if we were to get that RM, I think it would be better to still stick with the 4-4-2 until Rafa is confident enough with his players to play the 4-5-1. Also, I believe Luis Garcia was bought to play as the link man, not as a RM. If ultimately we realli switch to 4-5-1, either Luis Garcia or Gerrard can play as the link man or Gerrard can even drop deeper, occasionally surging forward as an extra forward. Luis Garcia can even swap positions with the wide men, e.g. Kewell or Simao. That would be awesome in my opinion.
Bretc

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion