Burnley weather warning

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Tue Jan 18, 2005 3:05 pm

Even back in the days when Bob Lord presided over Turf Moor (and the club was in the top division), the people who ran the club were startlingly lacking in foresight when it came to modernising the ground. In an era when other clubs were experimenting with huge heated tents (Leicester City, I believe), undersoil heating, different kinds of turf and new drainage systems, Lord was more interested in getting his name immortalised on various parts of the ground. Yes, Burnley has always been a wet town. Unfortunately, it's always had wet directors, too.  :angry:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue Jan 18, 2005 4:52 pm

If tonight is called off Im gonna chin someone. I'm gonna get in my car and speed at 180mph to burnley, find where the groundsman lives, go to his house and kick 7 shades of sh!te outa him & his wife. I'm fed up with small clubs and their lack of facilities.

CANCEL THE GAME AGAIN AND DROP OUT OF THE CUP BURNLEY!

Liverpool to get a bye straight to the final - :D
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Tue Jan 18, 2005 5:07 pm

interesting reactions. bumming (?), chinning and ranting. its very frustrating for everyone that the games in jeopardy again, especially for those who are travelling there. but you can't really blame the club in all seriousness. i'm sure they'd love to have a top quality pitch and all the frills that go with it and state-of the-art maintenance kit and the very latest form of GM super-tough grass seed. but burnley, like most other lower league clubs, are on the verge of being completely f*cked and live a hand to mouth existence in comparison to the premiership.

don't start going all freddy sheppard here people. these 'pain in the ******, iinconsequential' smaller clubs are propping up the precious premiership.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 109-1105722616 » Tue Jan 18, 2005 6:48 pm

Lee J wrote:I'm fed up with small clubs and their lack of facilities

well there are so many people who dont support their local team, and that is why they have no money and no facilities.  all the teams in the premiership get the money and every year more and more teams walk the financial tightrope in the lower leagues.  i blame all the ooters, armchair supporters and gloryhunters for why the lower league teams are having trouble
109-1105722616

Postby andy_g » Tue Jan 18, 2005 7:21 pm

yeah, you got me there. for the last 2 years i've been an ooter and hardly made it to a game. i'd like to express my apologies to all the lower league clubs for personally wrecking their futures.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 109-1105722616 » Tue Jan 18, 2005 7:28 pm

what the problem is, is that people are travelling from devon and cornwall to see teams like the mancs and us, when their local clubs are going bankrupt.

i know the footy mighten be quality, but you should support your local team
109-1105722616

Postby jonnymac1979 » Tue Jan 18, 2005 7:30 pm

marklfc wrote:i know the footy mighten be quality, but you should support your local team

Why?  Just because you do? ???

There have been millions of discussions on this topic.  There are no right or wrong answers either.  It's about the club.  I think it's great that we have out of town fans.  Some of them know the team inside out.  It doesn't matter where they are from.  As long as the club has support.
Last edited by jonnymac1979 on Tue Jan 18, 2005 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jonnymac1979

Postby Rafas Amigo » Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:02 pm

here, here
JAMIE '  ILL STAY TILL THE CLUB DOSENT WANT ME  ' CARRAGHER
Rafas Amigo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:06 pm

Just beware of saying Support Your Local Team.

An absolute tw@t of a knob-jockeying gaylord called dapioneer likes to hijack these boards and it's his trademark saying.
jonnymac1979

Postby 82-1074641017 » Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:07 pm

wet echo wrote:just a note to those who are travelling to burnley it has just been announced on bbc merseyside that is expected to have severe weather hitting the area, although the pitch does seem ok at the moment this more of a travel warning hope it helps :)

I sense a upset remember where you heard it first :(

Legend Roberts
82-1074641017

Postby 109-1105722616 » Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:55 am

jonnymac1979 wrote:Just beware of saying Support Your Local Team.

An absolute tw@t of a knob-jockeying gaylord called dapioneer likes to hijack these boards and it's his trademark saying.

ill look out for him, but he may just have a point, because championship footy is in need of some fans
109-1105722616

Postby 82-1074641017 » Wed Jan 19, 2005 3:29 pm

Roberts wrote:
wet echo wrote:just a note to those who are travelling to burnley it has just been announced on bbc merseyside that is expected to have severe weather hitting the area, although the pitch does seem ok at the moment this more of a travel warning hope it helps :)

I sense a upset remember where you heard it first :(

Legend Roberts

Well another correct prediction from the Legend sadly :(
82-1074641017

Postby maximus » Wed Jan 19, 2005 3:35 pm

marklfc wrote:
jonnymac1979 wrote:Just beware of saying Support Your Local Team.

ill look out for him, but he may just have a point, because championship footy is in need of some fans

Go and support Tranmere Rovers then  :D
maximus
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion