Burnley 0-3 liverpool - Reds into the next round

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby longsiderkev » Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:35 pm

An impressive Liverpool youth team side won 3-0 at Turf Moor tonoght and going on quality they deserved it as they were a much better side than us.

You have a very big and strong side too.

We played some excellent football at times but the bigger Liverpool lads outlasted our lads.  You actually scored from 3 almost identical breakaways by the right winger who was very fast and he put in 3 great crosses for the goals.

Our lads though were far from overawed by them and gave as good as they got.  A great performance from both teams who both wanted to play football properly and in a good spirit.

Unlike Fulham in the last round- you looked like you wanted to win and I liked the way you passed the ball around the pitch.

Well done and good luck for the season.
longsiderkev

Postby Ciggy » Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:46 pm

longsiderkev wrote: You actually scored from 3 almost identical breakaways by the right winger who was very fast and he put in 3 great crosses for the goals.

Good stuff maybe he can come and play for the first team as we havent got a RW  :D

Thanx for the kind words mate nice one, and good luck for the rest of the season.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DrTNT » Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:47 pm

Thanks for the match report longsiderkev!!

Your definitely one the best opposition supporters we've had on here in the last few months and for this reason I commend you.  :bowdown
REST IN PEACE PHIL!
DrTNT

Postby GOAT » Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:48 pm

Young winger Paul Anderson is looking a very exciting talent for the future in his past few games for the reserves. Hes destroyed the opponents again tonight skinning defenders down the wing against Burnley fully deserving his man of the match award. There is a lot of talent coming through our reserves now and we are playing some brilliant football and we have a stronger and more talented batch of young players than we have had in years. Im especially excited about Paul Anderson hes looking a brilliant prospect for the future
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby longsiderkev » Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:49 pm

DrTNT wrote:Your definitely one the best opposition supporters we've had on here in the last few months and for this reason I commend you.  :bowdown

Aw Sheesh :blush:  :cool:
longsiderkev

Postby drummerphil » Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:50 pm

longsiderkev wrote:
DrTNT wrote:Your definitely one the best opposition supporters we've had on here in the last few months and for this reason I commend you.  :bowdown

Aw Sheesh :blush:  :cool:

yes i echo that,makes a nice change.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby longsiderkev » Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:55 pm

I twas a refreshing change to see two sides wanting to play football.  The ball rarely left the floor and some of the passing was very good from both teams.  Our lads did theirselves proud and it was a welcome break from the turmoil going on in the first team.
longsiderkev

Postby Sabre » Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:57 pm

I'm highly impressed of the good attitude you have in the defeat, I misunderstand you talking about Crouch due to my crappy english. Sorry for that.

You are a good football fan.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby longsiderkev » Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:59 pm

Sabre wrote:I'm highly impressed of the good attitude you have in the defeat, I misunderstand you talking about Crouch due to my crappy english. Sorry for that.

You are a good football fan.

I'm just happy enough to have got this far in the competition- we finally have a youth team with some promise for the first time in a long time.  And, again, we were up against a very good team tonight.
longsiderkev

Postby drummerphil » Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:02 am

Have you just sold Akinbiyi, it only seems 5 minutes since he left Stoke for you guys.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby longsiderkev » Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:04 am

Yeah joined Sheffield United for £1.75m  £1.15m profit in 11 month aint bad though.

But now it looks as though Steve Cotterill (manager) is off too which would mean disaster as most of the players we have aer very average but his motivating skills are magnificent and every one of our players is playing out of their skins hence our great league position.

Article about Ade by... moi! :-D
longsiderkev

Postby drummerphil » Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:09 am

tell you what though he wasnt at Stoke 5 minutes either.......hardly a loyal type player is he.
my reason for living

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby longsiderkev » Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:10 am

Anyway I'm off to bed now lads, school n'all in the morning.

Link here to the Clarets mad match report
http://www.claretsmad.co.uk/news/loadroll.asp?cid=ED31&id=264937
longsiderkev

Postby Sabre » Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:10 am

we finally have a youth team with some promise for the first time

I come from a youth system based club too. Many big club fans (Mancs and Blue noses) underrate work in lower categories, but the health of the football of a country is due to the weekly work of small clubs that work on young people!

Keep up the good work, all the best.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:42 am

What are the chances of Anderson appearing for the first team this season, I wonder?

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion