Bruno cheryou what u think?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Pires7 » Tue Nov 04, 2003 7:34 pm

He needs a run of games before we can judge him i like bruno he is a good player
Pires7

Postby supersub » Tue Nov 04, 2003 7:37 pm

Me thinks Arsenal fan trying a wind-up.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby JBG » Wed Nov 05, 2003 5:54 pm

A run of games for Crewe, maybe....
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby AHAK » Wed Nov 05, 2003 6:59 pm

John Barnes' Granny wrote:A run of games for Crewe, maybe....

a BIT UNFAIR me tinks...

Last season Bruno was an attacking player playing in a defensive side.  Houlliers shackles were weighing the kid down.  I'll use Smicer as an example.  If you let an ATTACKING player actually attack more than he defends you'll see more consistency in his game and eventually a growth in his confidence.
AHAK

Postby supersub » Wed Nov 05, 2003 7:03 pm

Yep thats a good call,AHAK.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby ROBtheRED » Wed Nov 05, 2003 8:00 pm

Cheyrou is a luxury player and possibly may come good if he is given a decent run of games but it is a gamble to risk an unproven talent in a competitive english season, his major problem is he isn't used to the pace of the domestic game. When he played against Chelsea on the first day of the season everytime he got the ball he wanted 10 seconds to decide his next move, in our league you can't afford that amount of time on the ball, he got knocked off the ball too easy and had a shocking game to be fair! If he's given a chance he needs to wise up fast or the game will pass him by, and i for one hope he does cos in a "few" games last season he did show he had  ability. If he's not going to be given the chance we may aswell get some of his fee back!
"The fans here are the greatest in the land. They know the game and they know what they want to see. The people on the kop make you feel great. . .yet humble."   Mr B.Shankly
ROBtheRED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby THEBARON » Wed Nov 05, 2003 10:17 pm

A good call from Rob the Red. I  know he hasn't had the chance of a settled run but  given the pressure Houllier is under " a ce moment " could he really afford to give Cheyrou an extended run in the side ? He has no strength or agression in his game so has to be considered as a luxury as you say. But is he a luxury we can afford ?
THEBARON

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Thu Nov 06, 2003 11:20 am

I think it may be to late for Cheyrou, even though i have been defending him, last seson when we did,nt have Kewell we should have gave him a run, but now he won't get a chance.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Thu Nov 06, 2003 1:25 pm

I think the only problem with Cheyrou is a lack of confidence but its an enormous problem! :)

Confidence is everything to a footballer. Cheyrou looked nervous on the ball last year and was afraid to put himself about. At times he showed a good touch and an awareness of the game around him, but he passed it short to somebody instead of using it creatively.

I remember reading an article last year where a French journalist was amazed by Liverpool's dysmal run. The guy said "I can't believe Liverpool are struggling, especially when they have world class players like Diouff and Cheyrou in their team".

Amazing.

Bruno needs a bit of luck, like a goal or two to get him going. Unfortunately I can't se it happening and he'll be probably back in France this time next year.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby 116-1065305004 » Thu Nov 06, 2003 1:29 pm

John Barnes' Granny wrote:I think the only problem with Cheyrou is a lack of confidence but its an enormous problem! :)

Confidence is everything to a footballer. Cheyrou looked nervous on the ball last year and was afraid to put himself about. At times he showed a good touch and an awareness of the game around him, but he passed it short to somebody instead of using it creatively.

I remember reading an article last year where a French journalist was amazed by Liverpool's dysmal run. The guy said "I can't believe Liverpool are struggling, especially when they have world class players like Diouff and Cheyrou in their team".

Amazing.

Bruno needs a bit of luck, like a goal or two to get him going. Unfortunately I can't se it happening and he'll be probably back in France this time next year.

Back in France?

Who for Green Star Paris Z team? :D
116-1065305004

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Thu Nov 06, 2003 1:44 pm

Cheyrou is very.....

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kopfanade » Mon Nov 17, 2003 11:45 pm

Cheyrou is as much use as a skateboard in a sandpit
kopfanade

Postby supersub » Tue Nov 18, 2003 12:06 am

I'm not sure....my son's skateboard is in the sandpit and he won't let me throw it out because he says he uses it.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby stevieg17 » Tue Nov 18, 2003 6:10 am

Cheyrou is the new Zidane remember !!! s##t if he is the new Zidane , im the new Maradona/Pele , he will never make it in the premier league , too weak and lightfooted , biggest waste of sperm ever
stevieg17

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Tue Nov 18, 2003 2:42 pm

:D Cheyrou?.....your "avin a larf" :D  :D
[ he,s so s#it, he,s unbeliveable!!] :D
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion