Breaking news: right midfielder signs.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 109-1093441336 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:59 pm

Liverpool midfielder Darren Potter has today signed a new three year deal at Anfield.
The 20 year old has figured prominently in Rafa Benitez's first team squads this season and has now been rewarded with a brand new deal.

He told Liverpoolfc.tv: "I'm really pleased. I had two years left on my contract but the club have given me an extra year. It's fantastic news for me.

"The manager has been great with me this season. I've been involved regularly in the squad and played a good amount of games.

"The boss even took me to Monaco as part of the squad last week and gave me a winners medal even though I wasn't involved because of injury."

Potter says he is happy to play right midfield this season but admits he has been pleasantly surprised to be involved regularly so far this season.

Potter said: "I've been involved regularly with the first team so far this season, more than I've expected if I'm being honest. I have been asked to play on the right of midfield because of a shortage of players there and I have done a job there.

"My best position is central midfield but I know I am competing against world class players for that role. As long as I'm playing then I don't mind where I play, as long as the manager is happy with me. I can do a job on the right side of midfield."

We've got our the right midfielder guys.

he done a good game.
109-1093441336

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:01 pm

FUKK OFF!!..potter huh...that will set the world alight eh?...not!!. :buttrock  :no
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:01 pm

Great news.. well deserved too :)
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bermenstein » Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:28 pm

Since when has Fringe players signing new deals become major news at Liverpool.

For fu*ck sake, today has been a bad day for Lpool.
Im only in from work and find out that the Simao deal is off, and the "Potter" deal is supposed to lift the spirits??

What a scant, shity consolation it is.
Dont get me wrong, I hope Potter progresses on to be a fine player, but spare the wow factor, cause it wont work.

And Diao going out on Loan?

Suppose you have to blame Houllier for that, but we get nothing in return again.

What a hopeless end to the day.

Doing well to finish top 7 this season, with everyone else around us buying the quality.

Tottenham for C League.
Bermenstein
LFC Super Member

Postby RedRoots » Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:40 pm

Fu/cking hell how can anybody joke about this sh1t I came on here like many others to check out if we've signed somebody and we have to put up with this sh1t on transfer day, har de :censored: ha Potter signed and not Sambrosa aren't you funny! A lot of our hearts our broken over the past two days :censored: hell its no laughin matter you plastic fan meelan!
RedRoots

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:44 pm

Some people cant get their heads around the fact that its been a sh1t day for LFC what a joke we are when it comes to transfers.for god sake we are supposed to be the European Champions!!..well i'm sorry some of you guys need to "come out of self denial" We have not made enough quality signings to hope to defend our "crown". They are the true facts about the way we have gone about our transfer activities, Rafa has left it far too late?..he has been telling everyone that he wanted a CB & RM for the lat 6 weeks or more!! for christ sake why leave it until the last bloody day!..or were we trying to get players in on "the cheap!..which seems what messers moores/ parry might want, i have very little confidence in those two, I would like to know what stevie gerrard must be thinking about all this!..cos' the way things are going he must be shaking his head in disbelief!! :no
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 109-1093441336 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:59 pm

:laugh:
109-1093441336

Postby 109-1093441336 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:00 am

"i done a good game"
109-1093441336

Postby zarababe » Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:00 am

REDTILLDEAD wrote:Some people cant get their heads around the fact that its been a sh1t day for LFC what a joke we are when it comes to transfers.for god sake we are supposed to be the European Champions!!..well i'm sorry some of you guys need to "come out of self denial" We have not made enough quality signings to hope to defend our "crown". They are the true facts about the way we have gone about our transfer activities, Rafa has left it far too late?..he has been telling everyone that he wanted a CB & RM for the lat 6 weeks or more!! for christ sake why leave it until the last bloody day!..or were we trying to get players in on "the cheap!..which seems what messers moores/ parry might want, i have very little confidence in those two, I would like to know what stevie gerrard must be thinking about all this!..cos' the way things are going he must be shaking his head in disbelief!! :no

you are truly a sh*t stirrer.. who do u support
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 109-1093441336 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:02 am

Potter's signing was a master stoke.

Revel as he delivers balls for Moro like milk
109-1093441336

Postby bring_back_biscan » Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:05 am

After he beats the 2nd or 3rd defender?
bring_back_biscan

Postby RedRoots » Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:07 am

Why do you find this funny Meelan? are you a reds fan or what?
RedRoots

Postby 109-1093441336 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:11 am

Lighten up mate, the window has closed.

I'm trying to stop suicides here.
109-1093441336

Postby 109-1093441336 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:13 am

bring_back_biscan wrote:After he beats the 2nd or 3rd defender

Thank god common sense prevails
109-1093441336

Postby RedRoots » Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:13 am

Fair enough mate but a bit of sensitivity would go down well, we've been screwed again and i like others are upset that we've to go half a season with a weak squad.
RedRoots

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion