Bosman free transfers summer 2010

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Scottbot » Mon May 10, 2010 4:48 pm

Looking at our depserate financial situation and the likliehood that the club's transfer budget will be zilch we'd better be busy on the Bosman front this summer.

I'd love to see the club go for:

Joe Cole - He may well want to stay in London with Spurs but I'd love to see him in a Liverpool shirt. He's a kwality player, he's versatile (a pre-requisite at LFC as chances are he'll be playe dout of position!), and he's been there and done it. Injury record is a concern but no transfer fee so why not?

Thiery Henry - Has got another couple of years in the tank at the top top level. Am sure most of us would love to see him at the club. Has played left, right and though the middle in Barcelona's 4-3-3 over the years. As footnote, singing him would perhaps quell any thoughts Stevie and Torres have of looking elsewhere.

Martion Petrov - Injury concerns but a kwality player when fit. Criminally underused by Mark Hughes at the start of the season. A genuine left-winger with pace, skill and has a goal or two in him. Better than our other options on the left. Snap him up.

Might be worth a shout:

Paul sharner - Decent player, would have played a fair few games for us this season had he been on our books I think. Best position is CB but he has played a good number of games as a defensive CM for Wigan as well. Tough player, good passer and he gets a few goals for a CB. Good squad player.

Jermain Beckford - Can he make it at the top level? Dunno but he's a better bet than our 2nd choice striker David Ngog. Of that i've got no doubt at all. Got to be worth a shout?

Michael Ballack - I read a lot of criticism of Ballack over the years on this forum and I've never been sure why. Big, strong, good passer, generally keeps it simple, good in the air and has won it all in his time. I think he must be on some big wages on Chelsea and I suspect he will accept the best deal he can get. If we think he is better than Lucas then we should try and sign him. I think (I know) he is better than Lucas.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Mon May 10, 2010 4:56 pm

Scottbot wrote:Looking at our depserate financial situation and the likliehood that the club's transfer budget will be zilch we'd better be busy on the Bosman front this summer.

I'd love to see the club go for:

Joe Cole - He may well want to stay in London with Spurs but I'd love to see him in a Liverpool shirt. He's a kwality player, he's versatile (a pre-requisite at LFC as chances are he'll be playe dout of position!), and he's been there and done it. Injury record is a concern but no transfer fee so why not?

Thiery Henry - Has got another couple of years in the tank at the top top level. Am sure most of us would love to see him at the club. Has played left, right and though the middle in Barcelona's 4-3-3 over the years. As footnote, singing him would perhaps quell any thoughts Stevie and Torres have of looking elsewhere.

Martion Petrov - Injury concerns but a kwality player when fit. Criminally underused by Mark Hughes at the start of the season. A genuine left-winger with pace, skill and has a goal or two in him. Better than our other options on the left. Snap him up.

Might be worth a shout:

Paul sharner - Decent player, would have played a fair few games for us this season had he been on our books I think. Best position is CB but he has played a good number of games as a defensive CM for Wigan as well. Tough player, good passer and he gets a few goals for a CB. Good squad player.

Jermain Beckford - Can he make it at the top level? Dunno but he's a better bet than our 2nd choice striker David Ngog. Of that i've got no doubt at all. Got to be worth a shout?

Michael Ballack - I read a lot of criticism of Ballack over the years on this forum and I've never been sure why. Big, strong, good passer, generally keeps it simple, good in the air and has won it all in his time. I think he must be on some big wages on Chelsea and I suspect he will accept the best deal he can get. If we think he is better than Lucas then we should try and sign him. I think (I know) he is better than Lucas.

All good shouts, Scott, with the possible exception of Ballack, who's got a face I'd love to smack all day.  Not a football argument against signing him I'll grant you but it's deeply-felt nonetheless. :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby mart » Mon May 10, 2010 5:31 pm

[quote="stmichael"][/quote]
Michael Ballack (Chelsea) : Quality player, but will probably ask for too much in wages.

Joe Cole (Chelsea): Good player, and english. Should be a top priority if we can persuade him to come here.

Thierry Henry (Barcelona): He is not what he was, but still has a few good years in him.

Kevin Kuranyi (Schalke): Good striker, but i think he is already signed a contract with a russian club.

Marouane Chamakh (Bordeaux): Good striker, but seems to be on the way to arsenal
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Mon May 10, 2010 6:37 pm

GALLAS
Petrov/ Pederson
Joe Cole
H.Altintop
Chamakh..

We'll probably sell atleast 2 of Babel, Riera, Benny, Elzhar which would leave us short in wide areas upfront.. the 3 or 4 up there would all be improvements on what we have.. Chamakh would be excellent backup for Torres and im someone of his quality would get plenty of opportunities under any manager besides Rafa.. Hopefully M.Kelly features more in the side next season as backup RB... Which would leave us needing a LB, CM and maybe a CB
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon May 10, 2010 6:40 pm

Thierry Henry would work great with Torres IMO
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon May 10, 2010 6:48 pm

If yout think Ballack is highly paid, henry tops them all so little chance he´d drop his pants to come to Anfield.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon May 10, 2010 7:13 pm

Reg wrote:If yout think Ballack is highly paid, henry tops them all so little chance he´d drop his pants to come to Anfield.

you never know...Henry has always said that Liverpool was the only other team in England he would have played for.

i'm wandering off into a dream land here, i know, but stranger things have happened
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon May 10, 2010 7:16 pm

FWIW I'm pretty convinced that Henry is going off to the MLS this summer, which is a tragic waste as he still has 2 years left at the top level imo.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon May 10, 2010 7:34 pm

stmichael wrote:FWIW I'm pretty convinced that Henry is going off to the MLS this summer, which is a tragic waste as he still has 2 years left at the top level imo.

he wont be going to ireland, that's for sure  :D
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Penguins » Tue May 11, 2010 5:56 am

Ballack, Henry and Cole just won't happen cause of their various reasons.  Cole and Ballack would break our wage structure as they would get silly money on the open market and we can't offer CL even to counter that.
Henry would never ever play in the PL for another team than Arsenal. Out of respect for Arsenal I think.

Altintop and Kallstrom might be options if the wage demands are reasonable.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby anti-hero » Tue May 11, 2010 7:56 am

i voted petrov and pedersen. at least we're solving the left hand side problem? altintop sounds like a good pick up as well. upon further thought, petrov is getting on a bit, he's 31.
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue May 11, 2010 10:44 am

anti-hero wrote:petrov is getting on a bit, he's 31.

to be honest i don't really see that as an issue. kuyt is 30 this year, so is gerrard. maxi is 29 as is yossi.

offer him a 2 year contract maximum.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Penguins » Tue May 11, 2010 10:50 am

Age isn't that much of a problem if it's on a bosman.
The problem is if you are paying money as they have no resale value, but if you get them on a free that problem doesn't exist.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Big Niall » Tue May 11, 2010 6:30 pm

Gallas is kunt but he is a good player, I'd take him. I'd take a punt on Gallas too.

I don't rate Joe Cole or the others on the list.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Tue May 11, 2010 7:19 pm

Big Niall wrote:Gallas is kunt but he is a good player, I'd take him. I'd take a punt on Gallas too.

:Oo:  :laugh:
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion