BOLTON VS LIVERPOOL

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Lee2k6 » Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:12 pm

Gunna keep a close eye on this Chelski game now an hope beyond all hope that Villa can do what we couldn't and come back from behind.. Come on Villa! (never thought i'de hear myself say that)
Last edited by Lee2k6 on Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lee2k6

Postby CUPWinner » Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:12 pm

I really don' t understand what is the problem with Liverpool. You have great players in the squad. Plenty of financial resources and a great stadium that I always dream for my team Galatasaray.

Players should concentrate much more than they do. For god' s sake; they earn bunches of money for their performance; and they have to pay it back!..

Look at the match between Galatasaray and Liverpool; our most paid player earns only 20% of Gerard. Liverpool squad is at least 5 times more valuable from Gala' s squad!.. So Rafa don' t have the right to complain. He can not make his players to fight in away matches.

I really can not understand why!.. I really love LFC and I want to see it higher on the league table. I want to watch a real performance from them on the TV as well.
There' s Nothing Impossible In The Lands of Galatasaray.
CUPWinner

Postby Ciggy » Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:12 pm

I dont know why anyones suprised by this result did anyone seriously think we would win today?
I didnt for one minute 1 point would have been a bonus.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:14 pm

Red Soul wrote:
peewee wrote:
Red Soul wrote:What a load of b0ll0cks.

We were the better team by a country mile today. We were outplayed, not by Bolton, but by the officiating staff.

Did you see the frigging linesman?

For the free kick against Reina, he was off the line of play by a good ten yards. Enough so that he could not have made the judgement he did. As soon as he raised the flag, he sidestepped several yards and gestured to the referee that he was in line.

He cheated, pure and simple. He lied to the referee.

After that, we were chasing the game. The first goal is the most important in any match, as it completely changes the complexion of the game. We left gaps at the back because we were trying to attack Bolton. The referee completely failed in his job, which was to prevent fouls and dangerous play. For instance, Crouch got a yellow card for a challenge. Granted, he was late, but there was no intent other than to win the ball. Before that, Diouf had hacked at Finnan's legs when he was seeing a ball out of play. No free kick. Two Bolton players slid two-footed into Finnan without seeing the ball, no yellow cards whatsoever.

Today's officiating was disgraceful. The first goal allowed Bolton to pile players into defence and hit us on the break. I wouldn't lose a night's sleep to see the linesman involved banished to the Unibond league for what can only be described as a robbery.

i understand your frustration mate but we cant only blame the officials, the fact is we didnt score and we were inept today in all departments

We didn't score because Bolton played with eleven men behind the ball to defend their advantage.

If they didn't have that advantage, it would have been a completely different game.

The linesman lied through his teeth to give them that advantage.

Explain to me again how we lost through no fault of the officials.

ok, the free kick should not have been given, but we then failed to defend it, can we blae the linesman for that? no we cant.

can we blame the linesman for our failure to break them down? no we cant

can we blame the linesman for not being able to pass to our own players?  no we cant

however you want to dress this up we were not good enough again  today, thats our fault and nobody elses.things even themselves out mate, look at our penalty as SU
112-1077774096

Postby tubby » Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:14 pm

Lee2k6 wrote:
puroresu wrote:
peewee wrote:
puroresu wrote:
s@int wrote:I dont think its helping Sissoko that its Ramadan, and he cant eat or drink during the day or something

Agreed.  I have seen Marsielle twice since Ramadan started and its been no surprise that Ribery, Nasri, Taiwo, and Nang have been off the pace.  All of them are Muslim.

i know its fasting month but there are circumstances where people can eat and drink and make up the time later, like when a girl is on the blob, and i am sure that also includes sportsmen can eat and drink as long as they fast later

Well I am Muslim and your right you can make up the days but muslims dont really like to not fast.  Unless you are ill and really need to take some fluids or food people will fast.  The fact Islamic armies fought battles durng ramadan fasting sort of makes us not really have any good reason not to fast.

TBH i think the whole thing's a bit daft, is there any point to denyin urself a nice Maccies. ahh well someone give Sissoko a burger an chips before the next match.

What a stupid and uninformed comment to make.

In future do your homework before slating religions for the sake of a football match will you.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:15 pm

Bellamy isnt a 20 goal a season player.
puroresu

Postby Red Soul » Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:17 pm

madred wrote:
Red Soul wrote:
madred wrote:Its just frustrating that we cant break down teams as organised as Bolton. We controlled most of this game and Alonso had more of the ball than any other player on the pitch. We just couldn't do the more important things in and around their penalty area. Bellamy just is'nt looking sharp yet and Pennant just did'nt get into the game. The dogs of Bolton dug deep and not so deservedly got three points.

Survey said... WRONG!

The first disgraceful goal gave Bolton license to pack players into the goal to defend a one-nil lead, and attack on the break. Without that cushion, it would have been a very different game.

Our players couldn't do much because they packed players into the middle of the park to defend their advantage. If they didn't have that advantage, the smart money was on Liverpool to score first, big style.

So what your saying is that if we come up against teams like Bolton we dont have the resources to put it right if we go a goal behind??

I can remember two situations almost identical and both one on one's.  Normally you would put your money on Bellamy to score and he didnt even look confident at all. On another occasion Stevie went on one of his storming runs and hit the side netting.

Credit to Bolton but they were still there for the taking.

No, you dork. I'm not saying that Liverpool don't have the resources to come from behind.

I'm saying that they should have never been put into the position where they had to come from behind.

Before the goal, it was a much more open game, and we looked by far the favourites to open the scoring. Try to deny it, if it takes your fancy, but I'd probably compare your decision-making skills to that of the linesman.

Bellamy's not confident of scoring at the moment. That much is obvious. That's why Rafa keeps playing him - if he gets one go in off his backside, the confidence will rise and his ability will shine through, much like it did with Crouchie. Rafa's attempting to play him into form. And as for Gerrard's effort, it was from an acute angle and he was always more likely to hit the side netting than score.
Red Soul

Postby tubby » Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:18 pm

Ciggy wrote:I dont know why anyones suprised by this result did anyone seriously think we would win today?
I didnt for one minute 1 point would have been a bonus.

I thought up until the goal we were the better side.

But we have to keep in consideration the following things:

1) Boltons pyhsical nature
2) Our performance in recent times after European games
3) The rough patch were going through now just helps to add to that.

In these sort of games it only take a wrog decision to tur the momentum of the game. I havent seen it properly but I dont think Reina was outside the box.

Also i think had Kuyt not got a bloody head he may have played a more decisive role in the outcome of the game.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kirankara » Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:20 pm

eds think ur analysis is poor m8, though pennant did ok, thought gerrard was at times responsible for trying too much, like lashing ball into side netting instead of pulling it across goal, think reina not really at fault for either goal, ball coming fast and from short distance, probably didnt see much of first at all, momo was poor with passing at times i agree with, bellamy had one half chance if you can call it that really, so thinkits harsh to get on his back, alonso hit the post and missed top corner by inches, would be more worried by lack of incisiveness in box than long range shots, cant rifle them in from 30 yards every time m8, bolo was not that bad at all lol, thats harsh hes a scapegoat for us at times when we play poor, its a joke,plus gozalez was injured.  we have to holdhands up and say we should have won , but didnt, we were unlucky to get poor decision against us and payed for it badly as bolton refused to play football, as soon as we tried they kicked lumps outta players, few teams will get any change outta bolton if the concede especially at reebok, imnot happy bout situation , but thats facts
kirankara

Postby Red Soul » Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:22 pm

peewee wrote:
Red Soul wrote:
peewee wrote:
Red Soul wrote:What a load of b0ll0cks.

We were the better team by a country mile today. We were outplayed, not by Bolton, but by the officiating staff.

Did you see the frigging linesman?

For the free kick against Reina, he was off the line of play by a good ten yards. Enough so that he could not have made the judgement he did. As soon as he raised the flag, he sidestepped several yards and gestured to the referee that he was in line.

He cheated, pure and simple. He lied to the referee.

After that, we were chasing the game. The first goal is the most important in any match, as it completely changes the complexion of the game. We left gaps at the back because we were trying to attack Bolton. The referee completely failed in his job, which was to prevent fouls and dangerous play. For instance, Crouch got a yellow card for a challenge. Granted, he was late, but there was no intent other than to win the ball. Before that, Diouf had hacked at Finnan's legs when he was seeing a ball out of play. No free kick. Two Bolton players slid two-footed into Finnan without seeing the ball, no yellow cards whatsoever.

Today's officiating was disgraceful. The first goal allowed Bolton to pile players into defence and hit us on the break. I wouldn't lose a night's sleep to see the linesman involved banished to the Unibond league for what can only be described as a robbery.

i understand your frustration mate but we cant only blame the officials, the fact is we didnt score and we were inept today in all departments

We didn't score because Bolton played with eleven men behind the ball to defend their advantage.

If they didn't have that advantage, it would have been a completely different game.

The linesman lied through his teeth to give them that advantage.

Explain to me again how we lost through no fault of the officials.

ok, the free kick should not have been given, but we then failed to defend it, can we blae the linesman for that? no we cant.

can we blame the linesman for our failure to break them down? no we cant

can we blame the linesman for not being able to pass to our own players?  no we cant

however you want to dress this up we were not good enough again  today, thats our fault and nobody elses.things even themselves out mate, look at our penalty as SU

We can blame the linesman for failing to defend the free kick, because there shouldn't have been a free kick to defend against in the first place.

We can blame the linesman for our failure to break them down, as they could pack players into the area to defend their one-goal lead.

We can blame the linesman for our 'inability to pass to our own players' as Bolton packed players into the middle of the park to defend their ill-gotten one-goal lead.
Red Soul

Postby Lee2k6 » Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:22 pm

bavlondon wrote:
Lee2k6 wrote:
puroresu wrote:
peewee wrote:
puroresu wrote:
s@int wrote:I dont think its helping Sissoko that its Ramadan, and he cant eat or drink during the day or something

Agreed.  I have seen Marsielle twice since Ramadan started and its been no surprise that Ribery, Nasri, Taiwo, and Nang have been off the pace.  All of them are Muslim.

i know its fasting month but there are circumstances where people can eat and drink and make up the time later, like when a girl is on the blob, and i am sure that also includes sportsmen can eat and drink as long as they fast later

Well I am Muslim and your right you can make up the days but muslims dont really like to not fast.  Unless you are ill and really need to take some fluids or food people will fast.  The fact Islamic armies fought battles durng ramadan fasting sort of makes us not really have any good reason not to fast.

TBH i think the whole thing's a bit daft, is there any point to denyin urself a nice Maccies. ahh well someone give Sissoko a burger an chips before the next match.

What a stupid and uninformed comment to make.

In future do your homework before slating religions for the sake of a football match will you.

i'm not slating any religions mate, sorry if it came off like that but it wasn't how i intended.
Lee2k6

Postby ConnO'var » Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:23 pm

Spineless display.... and Stevie out on the left again.... :( :(

C'mon Rafa! Sort out this rotation thingy.... Till today, I'm still not conviced that this is the way to go..... and for crying out loud, get Stevie in the middle again!!!!

No more excuses.... we didn't play well enuff to deserve any points today.... Big Sam seems to have your number, Rafa..... Do something about it will you?
ConnO'var

Postby puroresu » Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:24 pm

Rafa kept trying to play Nando into form and we all know how that went.
puroresu

Postby madred » Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:25 pm

Red Soul wrote:
madred wrote:
Red Soul wrote:
madred wrote:Its just frustrating that we cant break down teams as organised as Bolton. We controlled most of this game and Alonso had more of the ball than any other player on the pitch. We just couldn't do the more important things in and around their penalty area. Bellamy just is'nt looking sharp yet and Pennant just did'nt get into the game. The dogs of Bolton dug deep and not so deservedly got three points.

Survey said... WRONG!

The first disgraceful goal gave Bolton license to pack players into the goal to defend a one-nil lead, and attack on the break. Without that cushion, it would have been a very different game.

Our players couldn't do much because they packed players into the middle of the park to defend their advantage. If they didn't have that advantage, the smart money was on Liverpool to score first, big style.

So what your saying is that if we come up against teams like Bolton we dont have the resources to put it right if we go a goal behind??

I can remember two situations almost identical and both one on one's.  Normally you would put your money on Bellamy to score and he didnt even look confident at all. On another occasion Stevie went on one of his storming runs and hit the side netting.

Credit to Bolton but they were still there for the taking.

No, you dork. I'm not saying that Liverpool don't have the resources to come from behind.

I'm saying that they should have never been put into the position where they had to come from behind.

Before the goal, it was a much more open game, and we looked by far the favourites to open the scoring. Try to deny it, if it takes your fancy, but I'd probably compare your decision-making skills to that of the linesman.

Bellamy's not confident of scoring at the moment. That much is obvious. That's why Rafa keeps playing him - if he gets one go in off his backside, the confidence will rise and his ability will shine through, much like it did with Crouchie. Rafa's attempting to play him into form. And as for Gerrard's effort, it was from an acute angle and he was always more likely to hit the side netting than score.

Dork???  :D Bloody hell your frightening me.
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ConnO'var » Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:26 pm

Lee2k6 wrote:
puroresu wrote:
peewee wrote:
puroresu wrote:

What a STUPID post!

Who the :censored: are you to criticize another faith's practices.... I've reported this post to the mods.....

It's smacks both of bigotry and xenophobia.....

Bleedin intolerant kunt.....
ConnO'var

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion