BOLTON VS LIVERPOOL

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby puroresu » Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:59 pm

We are having plenty possession in these away games but not doing enough with it.  We couldnt break bolton down, we never really got in behind them and for all our pressure we didnt really create much.
puroresu

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:00 pm

Red Soul wrote:What a load of b0ll0cks.

We were the better team by a country mile today. We were outplayed, not by Bolton, but by the officiating staff.

Did you see the frigging linesman?

For the free kick against Reina, he was off the line of play by a good ten yards. Enough so that he could not have made the judgement he did. As soon as he raised the flag, he sidestepped several yards and gestured to the referee that he was in line.

He cheated, pure and simple. He lied to the referee.

After that, we were chasing the game. The first goal is the most important in any match, as it completely changes the complexion of the game. We left gaps at the back because we were trying to attack Bolton. The referee completely failed in his job, which was to prevent fouls and dangerous play. For instance, Crouch got a yellow card for a challenge. Granted, he was late, but there was no intent other than to win the ball. Before that, Diouf had hacked at Finnan's legs when he was seeing a ball out of play. No free kick. Two Bolton players slid two-footed into Finnan without seeing the ball, no yellow cards whatsoever.

Today's officiating was disgraceful. The first goal allowed Bolton to pile players into defence and hit us on the break. I wouldn't lose a night's sleep to see the linesman involved banished to the Unibond league for what can only be described as a robbery.

i understand your frustration mate but we cant only blame the officials, the fact is we didnt score and we were inept today in all departments
112-1077774096

Postby radun5 » Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:00 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:
the_red_alonso wrote:What does RAFA wants? ???? ???

WHat the f*ck are you on about? All you do is moan about the f*cking team.

That linesman was consistantly poor with us all b*stard afternoon, and if he ever sets foot on the line for us again, I will personally remove his genitals and batter him to death with them.

I see Lando is not so p1ssed off today, seeing his mild reactions to the refs

:D
radun5

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:01 pm

I don't think harping on about the rotation system is a valid argument today. Our pathetic performance today was down to too many of the players seeing an injustice go against us and then getting no luck when we need it and just letting their heads drop. There are one or two in the side who away from home just aren't showing any balls for digging deep and muscling their way to wins.
I don't want to go pointing fingers at individuals but the one name i'll have to mention is Reina. His positioning for the first goal was downright shite, and why he was diving behind his own wall just boggles the mind. The LB position has been a major weakness all season as the two that have been used in there consistantly ave been miles up the pitch when the should be back defending causing us to be short at the back and goals being conceeded.
The need for goals from midfield and up front is getting bigger and bigger by the away game. There are just too many trying to get the spectacular goal when all we want is to see the ball hitting the back of the net.

I have to agree now though that it's gonna take a miracle to win the league this season. It's depressing to be saying that 7 games in.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:01 pm

puroresu wrote:Well I am Muslim and your right you can make up the days but muslims dont really like to not fast. 

Sissoko muslim or not is no excuse for getting beat today, I said on thursday we would'nt win this I knew it, we cannot compete with their rough house game stopping tactics, they are just dirty kunts end of.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:02 pm

Oh great chelsea 1-0 up after 2 mins, drogba.  :down:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Soul » Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:03 pm

madred wrote:Its just frustrating that we cant break down teams as organised as Bolton. We controlled most of this game and Alonso had more of the ball than any other player on the pitch. We just couldn't do the more important things in and around their penalty area. Bellamy just is'nt looking sharp yet and Pennant just did'nt get into the game. The dogs of Bolton dug deep and not so deservedly got three points.

Survey said... WRONG!

The first disgraceful goal gave Bolton license to pack players into the goal to defend a one-nil lead, and attack on the break. Without that cushion, it would have been a very different game.

Our players couldn't do much because they packed players into the middle of the park to defend their advantage. If they didn't have that advantage, the smart money was on Liverpool to score first, big style.
Red Soul

Postby puroresu » Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:04 pm

CUPWinner wrote:
puroresu wrote:
peewee wrote:
puroresu wrote:
s@int wrote:I dont think its helping Sissoko that its Ramadan, and he cant eat or drink during the day or something

Agreed.  I have seen Marsielle twice since Ramadan started and its been no surprise that Ribery, Nasri, Taiwo, and Nang have been off the pace.  All of them are Muslim.

i know its fasting month but there are circumstances where people can eat and drink and make up the time later, like when a girl is on the blob, and i am sure that also includes sportsmen can eat and drink as long as they fast later

Well I am Muslim and your right you can make up the days but muslims dont really like to not fast.  Unless you are ill and really need to take some fluids or food people will fast.  The fact Islamic armies fought battles durng ramadan fasting sort of makes us not really have any good reason not to fast.

Hey lads, I am from Turkey and Islamic. Islam does not exactly forbid eating in the month Ramadan. People who have to perform their jobs has an excuse and an extra option. They can shift their ORUÇ days that they do not eat or drink.

In Turkey most players do eat and drink in the match day as well as a day before and a day after the match. This ORUÇ days can be replaced with any time within the same year.

U are right brother but Like I said people dont really like not to fast unless it really isnt an option.

Liverpool getting corners is a waste of time isnt it?  We never look dangerous from corners.  We get plenty but they are wasted.
puroresu

Postby Red Soul » Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:05 pm

peewee wrote:
Red Soul wrote:What a load of b0ll0cks.

We were the better team by a country mile today. We were outplayed, not by Bolton, but by the officiating staff.

Did you see the frigging linesman?

For the free kick against Reina, he was off the line of play by a good ten yards. Enough so that he could not have made the judgement he did. As soon as he raised the flag, he sidestepped several yards and gestured to the referee that he was in line.

He cheated, pure and simple. He lied to the referee.

After that, we were chasing the game. The first goal is the most important in any match, as it completely changes the complexion of the game. We left gaps at the back because we were trying to attack Bolton. The referee completely failed in his job, which was to prevent fouls and dangerous play. For instance, Crouch got a yellow card for a challenge. Granted, he was late, but there was no intent other than to win the ball. Before that, Diouf had hacked at Finnan's legs when he was seeing a ball out of play. No free kick. Two Bolton players slid two-footed into Finnan without seeing the ball, no yellow cards whatsoever.

Today's officiating was disgraceful. The first goal allowed Bolton to pile players into defence and hit us on the break. I wouldn't lose a night's sleep to see the linesman involved banished to the Unibond league for what can only be described as a robbery.

i understand your frustration mate but we cant only blame the officials, the fact is we didnt score and we were inept today in all departments

We didn't score because Bolton played with eleven men behind the ball to defend their advantage.

If they didn't have that advantage, it would have been a completely different game.

The linesman lied through his teeth to give them that advantage.

Explain to me again how we lost through no fault of the officials.
Red Soul

Postby kirankara » Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:06 pm

bring sam in lol, yeah get us playing that pretty stuff, what a joke. yeah i really want to see my team playing 1 up front and playing hoof ball. come back when you have something constructive to say.
kirankara

Postby Lee2k6 » Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:09 pm

hope THAT official has an 'accident' involving a flight of stairs :angry:
Lee2k6

Postby madred » Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:09 pm

Red Soul wrote:
madred wrote:Its just frustrating that we cant break down teams as organised as Bolton. We controlled most of this game and Alonso had more of the ball than any other player on the pitch. We just couldn't do the more important things in and around their penalty area. Bellamy just is'nt looking sharp yet and Pennant just did'nt get into the game. The dogs of Bolton dug deep and not so deservedly got three points.

Survey said... WRONG!

The first disgraceful goal gave Bolton license to pack players into the goal to defend a one-nil lead, and attack on the break. Without that cushion, it would have been a very different game.

Our players couldn't do much because they packed players into the middle of the park to defend their advantage. If they didn't have that advantage, the smart money was on Liverpool to score first, big style.

So what your saying is that if we come up against teams like Bolton we dont have the resources to put it right if we go a goal behind??

I can remember two situations almost identical and both one on one's.  Normally you would put your money on Bellamy to score and he didnt even look confident at all. On another occasion Stevie went on one of his storming runs and hit the side netting.

Credit to Bolton but they were still there for the taking.
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:10 pm

I have to now sadly admit that the title challenge is over. What a spineless display that was. I don't give a toss about excuses, based on the strength of our squad we should have rolled Jabba The Allardyce and his retirement village team.

I am so :censored: off.

:veryangry

Everyone played well below par. If we are to blame anyone its actually everyone BUT in particular Bellamy was :censored:house. His misses are starting to cost us. Reina is mostly to blame for the two goals, he should stopped both. Pennant was awful, I can't see why Rafa keeps playing Gerrard on the left when we had no one on the right today. Alonso and Rise's shooting was woeful, Gerrard tried hard but can't do it all himself. I know most of you love him to bits (on this forum) but Momo had a very poor game in comparison to his high standards. The lad needs to improve his passing game, its not just hard running and tackling that is required at this level.

ONE MORE THING............

I never want to see Bolo farkin Zenden play another game for my club again! The man does not even warrant a place on our bench, he gives nothing to the team. Sure he only had 15 minutes but everytime he went near the ball, I cringed. Playing this man instead of Aurelio or Gonzalez is farkin laughable.

Rafa you have a lot of work to do.

:veryangry
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:11 pm

A very disapointing performance. Not just that we let them back in the game, but that for the third time this season a team has wanted to win the game more than Liverpool. Sheff U, Everton and Gala all out fought Liverpool. If we play like this against Bolton we will be outfought and we will probably lose that one.

We are playing some good football and are starting to look good going forward but we need to start competeting all over the field. I havent seen Liverpool lose so many tackles and be outfought in so many areas of the pitch as we have this season for years. We are not that good that we can win games without competing for every ball for every minute of the game.

I know we won tonight but it feels more like a defeat because we never showed the fight or spirit I expect every Liverpool team to have. We had too many players wanting to play good football and not enough players fighting to earn that right.

We won deservedly and got the three points but the way we allowed them to take the game away from us hurts.

--------------

I said this after the Gala game, and today we again found ourselves outfought and heads dropping.
account deleted by request

Postby puroresu » Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:12 pm

Ciggy wrote:Oh great chelsea 1-0 up after 2 mins, drogba.  :down:

His gonna get player of the year aint he.  The guy cannot stop scoring.  Dont know whats happened but this season everything he hits seems to go in.
puroresu

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion