****** bolton

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:46 pm

Bolton's comments on Liverpool makes me want to see Bolton get ripped to pieces even more. If you haven't read what they have said you can do so by clicking here:

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news....948.htm

They are a bit cocky since they have 7 points at the moment. From what I have read they seem to think that the ONLY strength we have is Steven Gerrard and they only seem to fear Stevie G, making us look like a one man squad.

"Do you see Liverpool challenging the domination of the top three this season?

No. Arsenal, Chelski and Manchester PLC. Then Newcastle and Liverpool fighting for fourth. "

^ Why do people think that we can't do better tha Manchester Utd.? Manchester has yet another injured player, Roy Keane.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Piewhack » Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:04 pm

I believe that was the view of just one bolton fan.. but yeah i agree alot of people are writing us off as fighting for fourth spot.

Hopefully Rafa can implement the ideas he has for the team quickly and hopefully the boys will be able to adjust to the changes he wants.  Let's hope its a fairly swift transition... though it will be hard to get rid of the defensive style that has been brainwashed into our team for the last 5 years.
Piewhack
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:11 pm

Rafael Banitez has been into a simular position before like he is now. When he took over Valencia I don't think anybody thought in Spain that Valencia would be number one, beating the likes of Barcelona and Real Madrid. And then becoming the Uefa cup winners? Even though Rafa left Valencia, he has left a huge impact on their squad, Valencia is still quite strong (right now they are beating FC Porto left and right in the Super Cup).
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Piewhack » Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:15 pm

I'm not doubting Rafa's abiltiy and i think that we do have a chance of braking into the top 3 this season. (especially since he has brought in the right looking players in the midfield)
I'll put my hand up and say that i voted that we would finish fourth on the poll recently... but hopefully with the new players that have come in and are coming in (fingers crossed) i will be proven wrong :)
Piewhack
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:23 pm

Rafa is a very good manager, he's the kind of person that doesn't underestimate anybody. He takes every game 100% serious and thats what makes him so great at what he does. Not only that but he's honest, he will say what needs to be said and will do what needs to be done. Huge difference between him and the old ****** Houllier, surely we can make some kind of impact on the Barclays this year.

I am excited about the game on Sunday however it won't be broadcasted here (damn US televison). After we win "Everybody at Anfield getting tipsy" :D
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby L-type » Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:26 pm

woah, Keane's injured? time to go sell him off my fantasy squad, hell i might even have enough cash to pick up gerrard.
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Piewhack » Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:29 pm

yeah im really excited about the game on sunday too!!

I cant wait to see how alonso will pair up with stevie G.  potentially the most frightening midfield pairing in europe!??

And although i've never seen garcia play ive heard good things about him.  Is he in the mould of a pires or lundjuberg kinda player??
Piewhack
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:43 pm

Keane will be out until Suptember something. And I don't know how Garcia plays, haven't seen the La Liga since 1998.
Last edited by A.B. on Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Redrider » Sat Aug 28, 2004 12:44 am

Cometh the Hour, cometh the man !!  Big Sam, your time is up !!  Time to swap pie's for piella !! :angry: :angry:
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion