Body language - Looking at gerrards

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Toffeehater » Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:09 am

The Manhattan Project wrote:Speaking of body language, did anyone see "2 Good 2 Bad" on MOTD2?

There was a drop-ball during the Chavsea vs Liverpool match.

Makelele and Gerrard were waiting for the ball to be dropped by the ref and Gerrard was waiting with his leg ready for a huge kick and Makelele was basically cowering in fear.

:laugh:

yea i saw that , he was terrfied , Stevie had more urgency then makele , which shows he will give all for this club , even in the 88th minute , instead of shooting he tried to set kuyt up , where i felt a shot would have been better then passing to a player makred by 2 defenders
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:54 pm

I did notice him snarling at Babel on one occasion, when the Dutchman failed to make the run in behind the fullback that Gerrard anticipated.  His pass rolled harmlessly into touch and turned immediately and waved at Babel to get forward.  I don't know about an overall shift in body language but I think he gets frustrated with teammates that don't share the same urgency or who squander opportunities that he tees up.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby lakes10 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:58 pm

Bamaga man wrote:Is it me, or does Gerrard appear to be strolling through the games at the minute ? Well for largely a big propotion of this season.

His body language on the field is starting to irritate me TBPH. He looks slower and more lethargic in closing his man down, we're rarely seeing any of those crunching tackles anymore.
I'm not talking about the blistering goals Gerrard scores but his persona on the pitch appears to be a man so rapped up in his own hype that it now seems time for Gerrard to 'act' as he likes on the pitch.
When a pass is directed at him from one of his teamates and the pass has been intercepted, he sort of runs and comes to a halt but with a little jump at the end. I used to do something similar when I played football and it meant I was frustrated by my own teamate for not delivering the ball welll enough, it does appear the case with Gerrard.

He is still a b.loody good player but I prefer the younger Steven Gerrard, you know the one who hasnt got any discipline, the one who makes strong and even rash tackles at times and gets sent off in the Everton Derby. The one whos game is evolved around energy and power, the one who looks playing happy within himself and his teamates.

Has he become so arrogant ?

Or did he take Rafas' words to heart when he was substituted at Goodison earlier this season. Because if so I prefer that Gerrard, you know the one he runs around like a man possesed who isnt infact so strirred up by the occassion he's actually on th everge of loosing you a game at Everton, no, quite frankly the opposite a blinding player who looked the only one capable in a red shirt that day to do anything, he took the game by the scruff of the neck.

Has he become disillutioned by life under Benitez ?

Or is it me ?

no he is just :censored: off with a manager that cannot do his job.
Last edited by lakes10 on Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:23 pm

Gerrard has always been a moody characther, why anyone would have just noticed now i dont know, he's not exactly the smiling type. Anyway thought he was superd against Chelsea and he usually is in every game, and i think his development as a player has been superd. I mean the guy has barely any flaws in his game now.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:23 pm

lakes10 wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:Is it me, or does Gerrard appear to be strolling through the games at the minute ? Well for largely a big propotion of this season.

His body language on the field is starting to irritate me TBPH. He looks slower and more lethargic in closing his man down, we're rarely seeing any of those crunching tackles anymore.
I'm not talking about the blistering goals Gerrard scores but his persona on the pitch appears to be a man so rapped up in his own hype that it now seems time for Gerrard to 'act' as he likes on the pitch.
When a pass is directed at him from one of his teamates and the pass has been intercepted, he sort of runs and comes to a halt but with a little jump at the end. I used to do something similar when I played football and it meant I was frustrated by my own teamate for not delivering the ball welll enough, it does appear the case with Gerrard.

He is still a b.loody good player but I prefer the younger Steven Gerrard, you know the one who hasnt got any discipline, the one who makes strong and even rash tackles at times and gets sent off in the Everton Derby. The one whos game is evolved around energy and power, the one who looks playing happy within himself and his teamates.

Or did he take Rafas' words to heart when he was substituted at Goodison earlier this season. Because if so I prefer that Gerrard, you know the one he runs around like a man possesed who isnt infact so strirred up by the occassion he's actually on th everge of loosing you a game at Everton, no, quite frankly the opposite a blinding player who looked the only one capable in a red shirt that day to do anything, he took the game by the scruff of the neck.

Or is it me ?

he told you this did he?
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:24 pm

lakes10 wrote:

Or is it me ?

yeh he's waiting for BIG SAMMMMM YEHHH  :buttrock then both the moody bastar.dos can look.ed pi.ssed-off  together  :shifty
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:34 pm

Fowler_E7 wrote:
lakes10 wrote:

Or is it me ?

he told you this did he?

his Body language did.

oh and by saying no to Rafa during the West Ham game.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:37 pm

lakes10 wrote:
Fowler_E7 wrote:
lakes10 wrote:

Or is it me ?

he told you this did he?

his Body language did.

oh and by saying no to Rafa during the West Ham game.

oh did it now, ive seen Steven Gerrard be a miserable so and so throughout his whole liverpool career, he must of hated every manager he played for.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:11 pm

lakes10 wrote:

Or is it me ?

Deep breaths.
LFC2007

Postby Bad Bob » Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:12 pm

lakes10 wrote:

Or is it me ?

Nah, his body language clearly said that he's well f.ucked off with the lack of support Rafa's getting from the likes of Lakes 10 and other doom and gloom merchants.  :p  :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby lakes10 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:22 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
lakes10 wrote:

Or is it me ?

Nah, his body language clearly said that he's well f.ucked off with the lack of support Rafa's getting from the likes of Lakes 10 and other doom and gloom merchants.  :p  :D

:D  :D
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:31 pm

I think he's just p*ssed off that he never got that Justin Timberlake CD he wanted for Christmas that his missus never bought him. Because, believe me, If I were living in a multi-million pound mansion and could afford two of any car I ever wanted and could wipe my a$se with 50 brick notes, I'd be one moody b@stard if I never got that CD either.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jedwards » Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:58 pm

SG wants out, and his comments about forgetting the title rubbish talk, it does suggest he does not agree with his manager, who in his own foolish little world, still thinks he has a chance of winning it!!!!!!!
jedwards

Postby Emerald Red » Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:07 pm

jedwards wrote:SG wants out, and his comments about forgetting the title rubbish talk, it does suggest he does not agree with his manager, who in his own foolish little world, still thinks he has a chance of winning it!!!!!!!

And you believe this to be fact based on...?
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jedwards » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:48 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
jedwards wrote:SG wants out, and his comments about forgetting the title rubbish talk, it does suggest he does not agree with his manager, who in his own foolish little world, still thinks he has a chance of winning it!!!!!!!

And you believe this to be fact based on...?

Based on Benitez is far from being real!
jedwards

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion