Body language - Looking at gerrards

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:02 pm

Mikz wrote:I dont care if Gerrard has a whole season of lethargic displays  and we have to carry him, we would still owe it to the fella lol
Hes the bees knees ..just enjoy him and remember how lucky we are -watching the greatest player to don the red shirt :buttrock

How old are you ?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:45 pm

:;): old enough to remember Dalglish....but thats a different argument
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:48 pm

Mikz wrote: :;): old enough to remember Dalglish....but thats a different argument

:D  Yer a mind reader Mikz .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Sabre » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:24 pm

Sometimes the body language of a player doesn't seem right, but IMHO it's very difficult to read properly that body language.

You see a bad face in a player, how do you know if it's because he's arrogant, whether he's píssed because he'd like to be upper in the table, or playing more, or just thinking he can do better in that specific match. You can't, it's very difficult to get right those signs. Was Carra the other day unhappy with the position he was playing, or just not too chuffed due to the points lost as of late? we don't know.

We've made some bad readings of the body language before. We did it with Rafa in the last two seasons saying he'd leave the club for sure, and then, here he is trying to stay at his charge under heavy pressure.

God knows what's going on really on Gerrard's mind, but from where I sit, I see a true Liverpool player, a winner, that is not happy of how things are going, that's all. And that's a good thing.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:26 pm

I think it's you mate, Stevie carries the team and being the captain having those high expectations must be draining, especially being in the same 11 as Kuyt :p
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red @ Heart » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:52 pm

yeah stevei is well happy here, he liverpool through and through, just think what he did back when chelsea were on the brink of buying him, he said no at the 11th hour, he has liverpool red running through his veins, he just frustrated that the team isnt where its supposed to be thas all.
"GERAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD what a goal"
Red @ Heart
LFC Super Member

Postby The Manhattan Project » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:54 pm

Speaking of body language, did anyone see "2 Good 2 Bad" on MOTD2?

There was a drop-ball during the Chavsea vs Liverpool match.

Makelele and Gerrard were waiting for the ball to be dropped by the ref and Gerrard was waiting with his leg ready for a huge kick and Makelele was basically cowering in fear.

:laugh:
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red @ Heart » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:56 pm

The Manhattan Project wrote:Speaking of body language, did anyone see "2 Good 2 Bad" on MOTD2?

There was a drop-ball during the Chavsea vs Liverpool match.

Makelele and Gerrard were waiting for the ball to be dropped by the ref and Gerrard was waiting with his leg ready for a huge kick and Makelele was basically cowering in fear.

:laugh:

pmsl yeah i saw that  :D
Red @ Heart
LFC Super Member

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:03 pm

Gerrard is like ALL fans. Disappointed at the fact that we are yet again out of the title race by Easter. Look at when we were firing and going well, Gerrard was untouchable. Now that our challenge has falled apart for whatever reason, Gerrard has become disheartened. He's broke his bollox for this club and will continue to do so until the day he retires, as long as it's worth it. Against Inter you'll see Gerrard and he'll dominante the game. So often he's pulled us out of the sh!t that we've become solely dependant on him. He can't do it week in week out esepcially when his heart has sunk so low because it's another year for him and us without a league title.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby Red @ Heart » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:04 pm

another case of body language during the game,,,, watching Kuyts body language you reckon hes gay, i mean midway through the first have he tried to mount a$hly co£e giving away a free kick  :D
Red @ Heart
LFC Super Member

Postby Emerald Red » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:27 pm

It's not so much his actual personal body language, but his lack of body language directed towards his fellow team mates that is annoying to me.

One incident near the end of yesterday's game where Riise had the ball down the outside area of Chelsea's box with Pennant for support. I was screaming for Riise to just wrap his foot round it and put it in the area. What's he do instead? Yeah, he back-flicks it to Pennant, who returns the favor. What a bunch of bollox. If I were Gerrard, I would be chewing their f*cking heads off for f*cking about when that ball should have been whipped into the area first time. Gerrard doesn't do enough of screaming at his team mates when they've done something daft.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:59 pm

Bamaga man wrote:Is it me, or does Gerrard appear to be strolling through the games at the minute ? Well for largely a big propotion of this season.

His body language on the field is starting to irritate me TBPH. He looks slower and more lethargic in closing his man down, we're rarely seeing any of those crunching tackles anymore.
I'm not talking about the blistering goals Gerrard scores but his persona on the pitch appears to be a man so rapped up in his own hype that it now seems time for Gerrard to 'act' as he likes on the pitch.
When a pass is directed at him from one of his teamates and the pass has been intercepted, he sort of runs and comes to a halt but with a little jump at the end. I used to do something similar when I played football and it meant I was frustrated by my own teamate for not delivering the ball welll enough, it does appear the case with Gerrard.

He is still a b.loody good player but I prefer the younger Steven Gerrard, you know the one who hasnt got any discipline, the one who makes strong and even rash tackles at times and gets sent off in the Everton Derby. The one whos game is evolved around energy and power, the one who looks playing happy within himself and his teamates.

Has he become so arrogant ?

Or did he take Rafas' words to heart when he was substituted at Goodison earlier this season. Because if so I prefer that Gerrard, you know the one he runs around like a man possesed who isnt infact so strirred up by the occassion he's actually on th everge of loosing you a game at Everton, no, quite frankly the opposite a blinding player who looked the only one capable in a red shirt that day to do anything, he took the game by the scruff of the neck.

Has he become disillutioned by life under Benitez ?

Or is it me ?

He has strolled through games especially at home for about 2 years. Often he hasn't looked as if he's wanted the ball.

But

Look at some of the players around him, if some of them are not bothered (like Harry Kewell with his smiling face after the West Ham game) he must wonder why he should be bothering on his own.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby holylamb2006 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:28 am

I'v noticed it in some matches . I'd say its just because he is sick at the $hit we play !!!

I'd definately be annoyed with my team for some of the plays they make , like voronin :no i wont start ...
holylamb2006

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:58 am

I think we have to accept that he's a very moody lad who doesn't hide his feelings well.

It could have been something as simple as he'd had an argument with the missus on the phone prior to the match.

That said, although a lot of his play was below what we'd expect from a man of his ability, he was f*cking everywhere on Sunday, and for that he must be applauded.

Maybe he was missing his mate Torres. :D

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:08 am

When he maakes those surging runs , people says he deserts his role and thats why we lose or draw games , i think it's u mate , he was superb against chelsea , he was everywhere and i rmb he made some good tackles too . his work rate is fantastic
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion