Bob Paisley - Tribute to a true legend

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:16 pm

I was just checking the official, and was shoked and stunned to find that 157 (an counting) Liverpool fans thought that Bob Paisley should NOT receive a posthumous knighthood.

What the fuck is that all about?

Posthumous Knighthood Poll Results
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:20 pm

I met the great man at my first Liverpool game...true gent and legend.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:20 pm

probably "mancs" :veryangry
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:26 pm

Obviously not real fans and if they are, they are just stupid. Paisley was probably one of the greatest managers that the world has ever had and ever will have.
Last edited by adamnbarrett on Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:26 pm

in our minds bob paisley affords much more respect than any knighthood could ever account for...

there will never be a more humble man ever to ride as high as he did. thanks for the many memories. it was a priviledge to grow up in his era. you can take your fergies and mourinho's, wengers and ALL the rest put together wouldnt have an ounce of this mans spirit in any of them.

sleep well bob.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby al fan since sixties » Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:51 pm

Mr Paisley was first noticed by the fans when he used to run across the pitch with a bucket and sponge to attend to our injuries in the 60's.

He was the guy responsible for influencing those in the Bootroom, for us to adopt a more european approach to our game, when after a European Cup tie against Red Star Belgrade, they had played us off the pitch at Anfield in Nov 73; a contrast to the, up and at 'em tactics that Mr Shankly used to prefer.

Mr Paisley's approach to football was brought in and the rest is history as they say.

The man was a reluctant hero; as a Manager he always retaining a dignified persona which puts these modern day jokers to shame; strangely Rafa has a similar dignity.

Paisley as much as Shankly laid the foundations for our great Club.

We owe them everything to that which we have all grown to love so much : Liverpool Football Club.
al fan since sixties

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:57 am

Shankley has a reputation... but for me, Fagan was just as important. Both true Liverpool FC legends.

As a manager though the one name that stands out, is that of Paisley.

I wasn't alive to see how good these three were, but simply and what they won Paisley has to be the best. :bowdown

Sir Bob.
115-1073096938

Postby laza » Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:26 am

To be fair, if they arent wind up merchants, their votes may have more to do with their view of the award and not of the man
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:57 am

After Shanks resigned and Bob took over, we nothing the following season and everyone wanted Shanks back but the following year was different and after that he proved to be the greatest manager this country has ever seen. Shanks laid the foundations but Bob took us to the next level. I still can't believe he was never Knighted and I can't believe any true Liverpool fan would not want him to receive a postumous knighthood.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby God-23 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:29 am

are there gonna be any special tributes or laying of a reef before the game tonight? definately should be i think
Steve Gerrard Gerrard
He's scouse and he's f**kin 'ard
He's better than frank lampard
Steve Gerrard Gerrard
God-23

Postby JBG » Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:05 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:I was just checking the official, and was shoked and stunned to find that 157 (an counting) Liverpool fans thought that Bob Paisley should NOT receive a posthumous knighthood.

Obviously Everton or Manc fans.

Paisley was a great manager and a great man. Sir Alex Ferguson was knighted (and rightfully so) for his achievements, yet Paisley's success eclipses Fergie's, especially in Europe.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:35 pm

JBG wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:I was just checking the official, and was shoked and stunned to find that 157 (an counting) Liverpool fans thought that Bob Paisley should NOT receive a posthumous knighthood.

Obviously Everton or Manc fans.

Paisley was a great manager and a great man. Sir Alex Ferguson was knighted (and rightfully so) for his achievements, yet Paisley's success eclipses Fergie's, especially in Europe.

I thought that, but you need to be registered to vote, would that many go through the hassle ?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:48 pm

Sir Bob Paisley doenst need official recognition, he already means so much more to us than a posthumous knighthood will ever mean.

Maye the people whos aid he shouldnt get one just meant that they didnt like the beurocracy and that Sir Bob was already more than asaint in there eyes. If they meant that he didnt deserve one then they aint fans, simple as.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:59 pm

IMO it was a travesty that he was never recognised by the establishment during his life for the achievements that he had at Liverpool but I think that sir Bob wouldn't have liked or wanted the fuss of a knighthood as he was a very quiet man as we know and i think that just knowing how much the fans appreciated what he did for liverpool f.c. and the dignity he did it with would be more meaningful to him - IMO.

SIR BOB PAISLEY  :bowdown  :bowdown
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sean » Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:46 pm

Bob Paisley.....legend
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion