Bluenose prentice - Picks his everpool team.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:53 am

stmichael wrote:lescott would get in our side at left back, arteta would get in at left midfield and yakubu would probably get a spot upfront with torres.

nobody else would get a sniff.

carsley in there is just nonsense. he and gravesen should stick to their right said fred tribute act

So youd have him ahead of Kewell :no
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:55 am

NANNY RED wrote:
stmichael wrote:lescott would get in our side at left back, arteta would get in at left midfield and yakubu would probably get a spot upfront with torres.

carsley in there is just nonsense. he and gravesen should stick to their right said fred tribute act

this team is based over the last 12 months so of course you would. in the last 12 months harry kewell's played about 6 games.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Ciggy » Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:58 am

stmichael wrote:this team is based over the last 12 months so of course you would. in the last 12 months harry kewell's played about 6 games.

But Lescott has only played LB about 5 times and hates playing there.

And even though Riise has been poor this season he's better than Baines so it was a bit silly of Prentice to compare Baines to Aurelio who has been injured more than he's played for us.
Last edited by Ciggy on Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:02 am

stmichael wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:

this team is based over the last 12 months so of course you would. in the last 12 months harry kewell's played about 6 games.

But im talking about our team  now not the combined team that Prentis put out for 2007 maybe ive had to much to drink and im not readin it right
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:05 am

Isnt it great me & nannys family know each other, have very close relatives bluenoses and hate them  :laugh:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:09 am

Ciggy wrote:
stmichael wrote:this team is based over the last 12 months so of course you would. in the last 12 months harry kewell's played about 6 games.

But Lescott has only played LB about 5 times and hates playing there.

And even though Riise has been poor this season he's better than Baines so it was a bit silly of Prentice to compare Baines to Aurelio who has been injured more than he's played for us.

he played left back for the whole of last season and was generally outstanding, even if he does hate playing there. their centre backs were stubbs and yobo. only this season has lescott become a regular at centre back for them. i'd still have him over any of our left backs apart from maybe arbeloa (who's not a natural left back either).

prentice's point about the keepers is ludicrous though. reina JUST SHADES IT over howard? don't make me laugh. they're worlds apart. reina has kept more clean sheets than any other keeper in the league.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:15 am

Ciggy wrote:Isnt it great me & nannys family know each other, have very close relatives bluenoses and hate them  :laugh:

Ano cigg theres usualy wars in my house after the match. hes goin up there tomorrow sad a.rse  :D
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:16 am

stmichael wrote:prentice's point about the keepers is ludicrous though. reina JUST SHADES IT over howard? don't make me laugh. they're worlds apart. reina has kept more clean sheets than any other keeper in the league.

yeah damn right but has he had more clean sheets than howard has had a terets twitch and swore this season?
roberto green

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:28 pm

Some people appear to hate Everton (and latterly United and Chelsea) more than they love Liverpool FC.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:44 pm

it's quite a fair assessment to be honest... except for the holding midfielder and the keeper comparisons... howard and reina is not as close as what he said... reina is miles ahead of howard...

and yes I would like Lescott and Cahill in our team... i'm not too sure about Arteta but Lescott and Cahill are good...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:40 am

I hate Everton mate, have done since I was about five years old.  Kind of the way I was born.  Hate Kendall, Ratcliffe, Sheedy, Southall, all them pricks...

These days, I still rate Cahill, Lescott (still a bit of a way to go yet though...) and Arteta though.  Good players.

No comment whatsoever* on the fact that Lee Carsley is even mentioned in this thread yet alone was lucky enough to make it as a professional footballer.  I've seen better schoolboy footballers.

* Okay I lied...
jonnymac1979

Postby bigmick » Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:24 am

As most have said it's a fair enough assessment apart from the silly comments on the goalkeeprs and the ludicrous inclusion of Lee Carsley (I mean, let's be serious). Although Yobo is a good defender as well, I think Agger is better and I would have included him.

Lescott though is fair enough, and yet another example of the fact that there are good players in the Championship if only people are prepared to give them a chance. He was hardly plucked form the unknown, the World and his brother watched him in the play offs for Wolves before Everton picked him up.

Arteta is obviously a good player as well, and since Kewell has lost a bit of his zip I've no argument with his inclusion. The one which catches my eye the most is the inclusion of Cahill as a second striker. Yet another bit of proof that the players are out there if you look, the Australian was a very shrewd buy by Moyes. I can't help thinking that his inclusion says more about our lack of a second striker than his excellence, but on goalscoring alone he would probably get in.

Funnily enough he practically plays as a second striker anyway. What with being in the box for every single cross which comes in (and there are a few when you play Everton) and with two holders in behind relieving of most of his defensive duties. Fair play to him though, he attacks it about as well as anybody else in the Premiership and he'll always score goals there's no doubt about that.
Last edited by bigmick on Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:42 am

I hate the bitters and Im not ashamed to admit it. :D

And Im made up they got beat yesterday.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mungi » Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:54 am

cahill pplays as a second striker because he offers nothing else. and im a proud aussie. cant pass, poor judge of a tackle. he does have a incredible goal instint and is a real fighter. nothing to brag about his goals. its all griitty and tough. good player though. love for him to move to a top 4 club
mungi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:57 pm

stmichael wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:

Based on the last twelve months you'd struggle to put some of his picks in the XI. Agger's been injured this season not last. On the basis of the last twelve months I'd be asking who of the bitters would make it into the Liverpool team and I'd be looking at maybe Cahill, Arteta and one of their strikers to partner Torres who's done plenty in just a few months.

Or put another way they might have been playing well since we beat them, but we reached the Champions League final. While not all of our team is perfect, I think you'd struggle to include some of their's. I'd make a strong case for our whole back five with Finnan AND Arbeloa, midfield is a case of fitting in Arteta and Cahill, while attack is a bit more open

And just how many penalty shoot-outs has Howard won for the bitters? He's not a bad keeper, but Reina's better. I'd be interested in a less biased appraisal, no matter how neutral a lot of people try and be they fail. I remember a Bolton fan who thought the Bolton side in the time we had the likes of Diouf would get about an even number of players in our side! Do me a favour, Davies wouldn't get in me local pub side and the rest of them might get in the Wimbledon side of the 80s. Even under Houllier we had better players than Bolton! Ironic then that said fan reckoned Diouf wouldn't get in the Bolton side..........................ha ha ha ha ha
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion