Blue square - Hand on heart

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Bammo » Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:36 pm

simolonge wrote:
Bammo wrote:
simolonge wrote:
we all dream... wrote:
simolonge wrote:I dream of relegation, to rid this club of the hangers on.

:O  :no

You disagree ?

Hicks, Gillete, Day Tippers and fans who discovered we exist in 2005.

Good Riddance.

So you'd happily sacrifice everything this club has built up and any hope we have of winning anything in future?

Relegation in the modern game is disaster and would be the end of us as a force for at least 20 years. Lower crowds, lower income, lower quality players is all that would achieve.

I can't believe you're actually serious about wanting us relegated!  :suspect:

If you don't want anyone other than die hard 5th generation fans supporting the club then you must hope we never win anything ever again. Success draws support and you should be thankful for some of those day trippers and new supporters - it's their money that helps pay for Torres etc.

Your right, the fans who have been going the game for years contributed nothing.  :help

:laugh:

That's not what I said though, is it? Perhaps you should read it again.

Of course regular match goers have contributed. my point is that if it was only locals who were allowed to the games then the club would have nowhere near as much money. It is the revenue provided by OOTers, day trippers, long-distant fans etc in addition to local regulars that has enabled us to stay in the big 4.

I hope that's clear enough. If you need any further explanation don't hesitate to ask  :D
Twitter[url=http://twitter.com/IanBamford[/URL]Lego Pirates:
[URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v....o0]http[/url]

Scallies: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=SRWxvm_HNQU
Bammo
LFC Super Member

Postby heimdall » Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:33 pm

Yeah I always though you were a selfish pr1ck, so you'd actually destroy the club for your own petty reasons. dear oh dear  :no  :no
heimdall

Postby kawaton » Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:34 pm

simolonge wrote:
Bammo wrote:
simolonge wrote:
we all dream... wrote:

You disagree ?

Good Riddance.

So you'd happily sacrifice everything this club has built up and any hope we have of winning anything in future?

Relegation in the modern game is disaster and would be the end of us as a force for at least 20 years. Lower crowds, lower income, lower quality players is all that would achieve.

If you don't want anyone other than die hard 5th generation fans supporting the club then you must hope we never win anything ever again. Success draws support and you should be thankful for some of those day trippers and new supporters - it's their money that helps pay for Torres etc.

Your right, the fans who have been going the game for years contributed nothing.  :help

and those people who discovered us in 2005 might go on to support us for the next 40, 50, 60+ years.
kawaton

Postby shakey » Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:35 pm

My dad a LFC fan himself bought me a White away Candy shirt in the late 70s & for me that was the start of my love affair for the reds.
Didnt really know how far away etc they were then,but think even if they had been in the Blue square back then..i would have still looked for there results & still made the journey up to watch them when possible!

As a long distance OOTer it is gutting that i cant get to go to lots of matches etc,as if i lived closer i know i would!

The nearest League team for me growing up was/is Plymouth Argyle(an hours journey away) who i still class as my 2nd team, Even tho i got see them play 1st(in the old 4th division against Blackburn Rovers-lost 1 nil) long before i ever went to Anfield.
shakey

Postby heimdall » Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:41 pm

simolonge wrote:
Bammo wrote:
simolonge wrote:
we all dream... wrote:

You disagree ?

Good Riddance.

Not nothing but certainly not as much as Sky have contributed in later years.   :D

I suppose you only want scousers playing for the team as well, none of these foreign :censored: eh? It must freak you out that we have a Spanish manager.  :oh:
heimdall

Postby heimdall » Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:46 pm

Anyway to answer the silly question, if Liverpool had always been a sh1t team in the lowest league then  hardly anyone would be supporting them and there probably wouldn't even be a forum for them, that much is obvious and anyone who says anything different is bullshitting themselves, if you want proof then check out what the average attendance is for Blue Sq teams.

One of the great joys of supporting LFC, and the reason there is such a huge fan base outside of Liverpool, is obviously because of their great success but once hooked you'll follow them through plenty of pain as well, there are good reasons why the word fan is derived from the word fanatic  :D
heimdall

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:54 pm

heimdall wrote:Anyway to answer the silly question, if Liverpool had always been a sh1t team in the lowest league then  hardly anyone would be supporting them and there probably wouldn't even be a forum for them, that much is obvious and anyone who says anything different is bullshitting themselves, if you want proof then check out what the average attendance is for Blue Sq teams.

One of the great joys of supporting LFC, and the reason there is such a huge fan base outside of Liverpool, is obviously because of their great success but once hooked you'll follow them through plenty of pain as well, there are good reasons why the word fan is derived from the word fanatic  :D

I disagree with you :laugh: Of course people would still support them, the people from Liverpool would still support them, We are loyal you know Heimdall we do support our own, If i got off the bus that day an they were in the fourth division i would still have become a Liverpool fan, We are a big city so it wouldnt matter what division they were in they would still have support, Maybe the likes of you wouldnt be supporting them you would of most prob be supporting your second best team the mancs,  :;): I live in Charlton an they have a :censored: team but they have got great support, just on  an then youve got Millwall down the rd , another good supported team, these teams  are  localy supported, an there fans are loyal an all, so i disagree with you when you say if we were a nobody team we wouldnt have much support , because we would still have scousers supporting us, :nod
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:56 pm

NANNY RED wrote:
heimdall wrote:Anyway to answer the silly question, if Liverpool had always been a sh1t team in the lowest league then  hardly anyone would be supporting them and there probably wouldn't even be a forum for them, that much is obvious and anyone who says anything different is bullshitting themselves, if you want proof then check out what the average attendance is for Blue Sq teams.

I disagree with you :laugh: Of course people would still support them, the people from Liverpool would still support them, We are loyal you know Heimdall we do support our own, If i got off the bus that day an they were in the fourth division i would still have become a Liverpool fan, We are a big city so it wouldnt matter what division they were in they would still have support, Maybe the likes of you wouldnt be supporting them you would of most prob be supporting your second best team the mancs,  :;): I live in Charlton an they have a :censored: team but they have got great support, just on  an then youve got Millwall down the rd , another good supported team, these teams  are  localy supported, an there fans are loyal an all, so i disagree with you when you say if we were a nobody team we wouldnt have much support , because we would still have scousers supporting us, :nod

So how many teams are there in Liverpool Nanny? I bet quite a few might play in Blue Sq or equivalent, how many fans do they have compared to LFC.  :p
That is my point, I'm not from Liverpool so without them being a great team, not just in terms of trophies, I almost 100% would not have supported them, in fact only a very very small number of scousers would have supported a team which has always been in the bottom league and you know that Nanny. We aren't talking about a fallen team here we are talking about a team which never amounted to anything ever, they would have maybe a few hundred proper fans max!
heimdall

Postby Rush Job » Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:59 am

Oh please God let the season start.

And if we dont win our first game I`m off. :D
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:01 am

Rush Job wrote:Oh please God let the season start.

And if we dont win our first game I`m off. :D

Tell me about it.If we lose Mascha and Alonso I'm supporting Burnley

:D
roberto green

Postby Igor Zidane » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:21 am

Lfc born and bred , had no choice in the matter and niether will my kids . Funny enough , my auld fella used to go To Everton one week and Liverpool the next with all his mates . It was pretty common back in the day , he was a mad staunch red ,but used to go to everton with his mates ,because some were blues and he just enjoyed watching the footy .

What some people need to remember is that when liverpool were not famous and were in the old second division in the late 50's when Shankly came . Our attendence figures were over 50,000  . So the old well if it wasn't for the oots we wouldn't fill the ground arguement is a bit baseless . Alot of the locals have either been priced out of football or become apathetic to actually going the game .

Anyway , it's not an oot arguement , and as far as i'm concerned , if your going to spend all your wages coming from dorset or norway or ireland or where ever ,you must be a pretty committed LFC fan to do so .. So know arguements from me on that score .
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:31 am

thats a bit of a hard one for be, i am Liverpool over West ham, so for me it would be if both teams were not there then i would say i would be a southend fan, Liverpool are not local to me but both the other two are, as i kid i loved the way liverpool played football and thats what made me a fan.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:01 pm

heimdall wrote:So how many teams are there in Liverpool Nanny? I bet quite a few might play in Blue Sq or equivalent, how many fans do they have compared to LFC.  :p
That is my point, I'm not from Liverpool so without them being a great team, not just in terms of trophies, I almost 100% would not have supported them, in fact only a very very small number of scousers would have supported a team which has always been in the bottom league and you know that Nanny. We aren't talking about a fallen team here we are talking about a team which never amounted to anything ever, they would have maybe a few hundred proper fans max!

Heimdall what im trying to say is if we were in the 4th or third division, you would still find people from Liverpool supporting them, Same way as youve got people from Gillingham supporting there team. As Igor has said when we were in division one you still had 55,000 at the game, if they were in a lower league it doesnt matter your brought up that way, Your either a red or a blue dosent matter what league your in, So if we got relegated for years down the divisions tell me something would you still be a red . Or would you change, beccause it dosnt matter for me even if we were in the Vauxy id still be a red
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:08 pm

if we dont finish top 3 this season im gonna support someone else
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:09 pm

The thing is if Liverpool had never won anything there would be a whole lot less mums, dads and grandads who support Liverpool to educate their kids to support Liverpool.

Most people would never even have heard of them and if they had they would be more likely to be supporting a more successful club. There are plenty of small teams in Liverpool, some of them are a lot closer than Anfield to some scousers, so why do they support Liverpool rather than the little team that is closer?
account deleted by request

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion