Bloody hell! keep baros! - What's he done wrong?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:40 am

jonnymac1979 wrote:You've got to ask yourself if Freddy Shepherd has any marbles left?

i don't think that question needs to be answered. the guy lost his marbles a long time ago. for all the fans of other clubs who are unhappy with their chairman, think yourselves lucky, YOU COULD BE A NEWCASTLE FAN AND HAVE THIS IDIOT AS YOUR CHAIRMAN.

a guy who slags off the women of newcastle.

a guy who sacks managers after 4 games of a season.

a guy who claims that "he doesn't give a damn about lower league clubs".

a guy who claims newcastle are "in the top 8 clubs in the world".

a guy who seriously tried to convince his fans last season that newcastle had bid £20m for wayne rooney. the same scenario this season with Owen.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby mighty mo » Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:45 am

The Return of the Judge wrote:ok, go to stmikes rumour thread, to page 67, and it is thirteen posts down.

read it and weap boy

i have just read the aforementioned post in the rumour thread and it looks too far fetched,the claims that owen will start at the riverside are laughable
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Fri Aug 12, 2005 12:23 pm

John Sheperd has no marbles at all!

This is a man who insulted his supporters, the Newcastle women and even called Alan Shearer "Marry Poppins". After the furore, he stepped down for a while but then came back with a vengence to become Chairman and went on a streak of sacking his managers when the results go against them. He should be the one who steps down after he fires Souness in the future (let's face it, it would be coming sonner than later).
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:12 pm

Can you show me a quote where he has said he wants him or is interested in him or in getting a striker?

Where did I say that Benitez is interested in Owen or getting a striker? Please point out where I stated that in my previous posts, nowhere.

What I said was that BENITEZ has not ended the speculation when he could had. He's given no clear answer of whether Owen will join this club or not. All he's said is that his main priority is to buy a cb and a rm, no where did he say "I don't rate Owen" or "I'm not going to bring him back".
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby drummerphil » Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:21 pm

amazes me how much are resident chelsea fan,seems to know about our club,players,whats happening behind the scene etc etc.......is he Nigel Spackman
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:58 pm

azriahmad wrote:John Sheperd has no marbles at all!

who? :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Chelsea forever. » Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:17 pm

A.B. wrote:
Can you show me a quote where he has said he wants him or is interested in him or in getting a striker?

Where did I say that Benitez is interested in Owen or getting a striker? Please point out where I stated that in my previous posts, nowhere.

What I said was that BENITEZ has not ended the speculation when he could had. He's given no clear answer of whether Owen will join this club or not. All he's said is that his main priority is to buy a cb and a rm, no where did he say "I don't rate Owen" or "I'm not going to bring him back".

Benitez has ended the speculation saying " I dont want a striker i want a defender"

I am not saying you said he is interested in him, im just asking you to show me some/any evidence which would suggest in any way that he is interested in a striker.

anyway .. you have your thoughts and i have mine.

I am going to leave this at this ...

have a nice day!

Cheers
Chelsea forever.

Postby Judge » Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:25 pm

Chelsea forever. wrote:Yes iv read that. I thought you were talking about a media story.

Anyway ..  i shall not spend any more time on this subject, only time will reveal the truth.

All I know is that RAfa does not want him and if he returns it will be against Rafa's wish.

Cheers

your welcome.

however, you seem to have a strong opinion on everything going with lfc, perhaps you are a closet lfc fan, but in denial  :eyebrow
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Chelsea forever. » Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:42 pm

Hahaha

Not a chance!

I just like gathering knolowdge about a few clubs, Liverpool is one.

I am a Chelsea supporter till the day i die and beyond.
Chelsea forever.

Postby A.B. » Fri Aug 12, 2005 5:22 pm

Benitez has ended the speculation saying " I dont want a striker i want a defender"

I want a link to the article in where he says "I don't want a striker I want a defender"

He's said that his main priority is to sign a defender and a winger. He hasn't ended the speculation by saying "I dont want Owen, I'm not going to buy him, I don't rate him"
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 109-1093441336 » Fri Aug 12, 2005 5:48 pm

Chelsea forever. wrote:Hahaha

theres a chance!

I just like gathering knolowdge about a few clubs i want to support soon, Liverpool is one.

I am a Chelsea supporter till the day Roman leaves.

:cool:
109-1093441336

Postby drummerphil » Fri Aug 12, 2005 5:55 pm

i agree when he buggers off and takes his money out.........how many chelsea supporters will their be then when they end up playing the likes of port vale and co
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Luis Garcia » Fri Aug 12, 2005 6:36 pm

A.B. wrote:How do you know that Rafa doesn't want Owen?

At the time we signed Crouch, Real Madrid did not sign Robinho or Baptista. Therefore there were no rumours about Owen going back nor was Owen stating that he would like to return back home. He stated that only after Madrid signed Baptista and Robinho.

Why would he want to mention him in the press? If he did other clubs would/could attempt to hijack the deal. i.e. Newcastle fecked up Manchester United last summer by placing a bid on Rooney [15 million I believe] and United had to up their bid to secure his move.

Benitez rarely speaks of players he's trying to sign. He's smart enough to know how things work in the transfer market.

You are completely delusional lad, you seem certain that Owen is coming, with NO evidence whatsoever of this being true in anyway. pure rumours from the LFC fans.

Rafa has just bought peter crouch, also we have Morientes, Cisse, Baros, Mellor and Pongolle.

If he wanted michael owen, he would come out and say so.

Owens gonna get wooden legs on the bench this season.

boo hoo  :eyebrow
Luis Garcia

Postby Luis Garcia » Fri Aug 12, 2005 6:41 pm

Chelsea forever. wrote:
The Return of the Judge wrote:apparantly rumour has it that MO and real have struck a deal with LFC to bring him home.

Where is the link?

Thats a rumour down at the Sandon pub in downtown anfield!

have you ever heard of chinese whispers.
Luis Garcia

Postby A.B. » Fri Aug 12, 2005 6:43 pm

You are completely delusional lad, you seem certain that Owen is coming, with NO evidence whatsoever of this being true in anyway. pure rumours from the LFC fans.

Please re-read my posts before you put words into my mouth.

If you read it correctly the first time you would had seen that I did not say that Owen is comming back for sure or that Benitez is buying for him certain. What I did say is that there is no solid evidence that he isn't comming.

Rafa has just bought peter crouch, also we have Morientes, Cisse, Baros, Mellor and Pongolle.

In case you've lived under a rock for the past two months, Benitez has been trying to sell Baros. When Baros is sold that leave us with three experienced strikers, it would be a benefit for us to have a fourth. Mellor and Pongolle don't fit that ball, can we play them? Certainly but they wouldn't give us what Owen would.

If he wanted michael owen, he would come out and say so.

If he didn't want Michael Owen he would come out and say so, which he hasn't done.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion