Bloody hell! keep baros! - What's he done wrong?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:45 pm

I agree baros is a good player how ever he spoons to many chances and Rafa needs some one who can finish and is more reliable (like Owen). Plus Baros had his moaning spells last year when he got dropped and saying to other clubs that he would like to move. Not to mention that he is in the last year of his contract.
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby El Nino_#9 » Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:49 pm

he is a world class player..........for the czech republic (who i think will win the world cup if england don't!)
but for liverpool he is nothing more than an average player.
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NiftyNeil » Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:55 pm

Baros is still very young and yet to reach his peek, I think he should be given more time
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:24 pm

<-alonso-> wrote:i think we should definetly keep milan, he's better than crouch, pongolle, mellor,le tallec, and morientes! dont sell him!

No no no!
We have to sell him mate!Hes had his chances especially last year,started loads and the simple truth is he's a striker,his job is to score goals and he does'nt score enough!That's it!Dont give me all this he's better than Morientes or Crouch :censored:!Morientes will take time to adapt to the more physical side of the Epl and then we will see the best of him!This guy has the ability to be an anfield legend,we'll judge him at the end of this season!!I know everyone on here wud love our signings to be instant successes but it rarely happens,so be patient all ok!!As for Crouch,well this season is his chance to show wot he can do on the big stage and good luck to the big man!
And back to Baros his mins played/goals scored ratio is pathetic!
We can't keep players cos we like them!If they dont do there job its bye bye,thats football,thats life!!
And one more thing,if Milan is so hot why are other big clubs not banging on our door to sign him??
The answer is as i said before he does not score enough goals and also misses too many chances!!
Come home please Michael Owen!!!
66-1120597113

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:33 pm

We have to sell baros, if we are to get owen back, Baros will never make the "cut" at anfield. Give us £6/7mill and baros is a gonna!  hopefully soon!! :nod
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 109-1093441336 » Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:57 pm

Rafa is a deep and inscrutable man and is hard to read. I liked the way he's stood his ground over not taking Owen back. A less determined man with less vision would not have been so firm - Souness.

Owen is a selfish c.unt that only thinks about his en-ger-lund career.  At least Baros has had offers from CL teams like Lyon,Monaco,Valencia. No surprise Newcastle are the only club that show interest in him and they didn't even get past intertoto.

Defend all that.
109-1093441336

Postby A.B. » Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:32 pm

At least Baros has had offers from CL teams like Lyon,Monaco,Valencia.

And none of those teams rated  Baros at 6-7 million pounds.
Last edited by A.B. on Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Luis Garcia » Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:31 am

BarryBelfast wrote:
<-alonso-> wrote:i think we should definetly keep milan, he's better than crouch, pongolle, mellor,le tallec, and morientes! dont sell him!

No no no!
We have to sell him mate!Hes had his chances especially last year,started loads and the simple truth is he's a striker,his job is to score goals and he does'nt score enough!That's it!Dont give me all this he's better than Morientes or Crouch :censored:!Morientes will take time to adapt to the more physical side of the Epl and then we will see the best of him!This guy has the ability to be an anfield legend,we'll judge him at the end of this season!!I know everyone on here wud love our signings to be instant successes but it rarely happens,so be patient all ok!!As for Crouch,well this season is his chance to show wot he can do on the big stage and good luck to the big man!
And back to Baros his mins played/goals scored ratio is pathetic!
We can't keep players cos we like them!If they dont do there job its bye bye,thats football,thats life!!
And one more thing,if Milan is so hot why are other big clubs not banging on our door to sign him??
The answer is as i said before he does not score enough goals and also misses too many chances!!
Come home please Michael Owen!!!

this post was sooooo bad.

Baros has scored more goals for LFC than Morientes has.

Lets see just how many Crouch scores shall we. Any less than 13 should he be sold?

And stop yapping on about Owen, he's gonna spend next season warming the Real Madrid bench. Cause Rafa dont want him.
Luis Garcia

Postby A.B. » Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:35 am

Baros has played more games than Morientes. Baros played an entire season where as Morientes played half a season.

Baros played 44 games and only scored 13 goals. Both Gerrard and Garcia played the similar amount of games and scored the same amount as Baros.

Cause Rafa dont want him.

Unless you're Benitez himself or his personal assistant then you don't know that for sure.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Luis Garcia » Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:45 am

A.B. wrote:

Baros has played more games than Morientes. Baros played an entire season where as Morientes played half a season.

Baros played 44 games and only scored 13 goals. Both Gerrard and Garcia played the similar amount of games and scored the same amount as Baros.

Cause Rafa dont want him.

Unless you're Benitez himself or his personal assistant then you don't know that for sure.

well considering the fact the Rafa has categorically denied he wants another striker, instead a winger/ centre back, and he has just signed peter crouch, along with Cisse and Moro.

Rafa has always dodged the question of re signing michael owen, its obvious he doesnt rate him.

Owen would not fit into Rafa's rotational system, as the spoilt brat would want to start every game,he doesnt like being dropped. like under the old Houllier/ Heskey era. Fraid not,and rafa wont tolerate that kinda cr*p.

where would he fit in exactly? bench Cisse?

Owen is past his best and i think we sold him at the right time.  hes gonna warm theat bench for real.
Luis Garcia

Postby A.B. » Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:56 am

well considering the fact the Rafa has categorically denied he wants another striker, instead a winger/ centre back, and he has just signed peter crouch, along with Cisse and Moro.

When asked whether he would sign Owen or not he stated that his main priority is to buy a CB and a RM. Thus far Benitez hasn't said that he doesn't want Owen, if he had the rumours would be dead and burried.

Rafa has always dodged the question of re signing michael owen, its obvious he doesnt rate him.

How is it obvious that he doesn't rate him? If he said that he doesn't want Owen then yes Benitez might not rate Owen but he's never said that.

Owen would not fit into Rafa's rotational system, as the spoilt brat would want to start every game,he doesnt like being dropped. like under the old Houllier/ Heskey era. Fraid not,and rafa wont tolerate that kinda cr*p.

I'm afraid you're not thinking this through. Owen spent most of his times on the bench at Madrid, he didn't complain and just kepting on scoring goals. He knows that Benitez would rotate his players and if he came back he would know that there are other strikers in the squad.

Owen is past his best and i think we sold him at the right time.

Past his best? His 25! And scored 14 goals in 20+ games, not many strikers can do that.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Luis Garcia » Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:12 am

A.B. wrote:

When asked whether he would sign Owen or not he stated that his main priority is to buy a CB and a RM. Thus far Benitez hasn't said that he doesn't want Owen, if he had the rumours would be dead and burried.

Yes , his main priority is a CB or RM !

So that means NO! he doesnt want a striker.

End of.
Luis Garcia

Postby A.B. » Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:18 am

End of.

Until you find a quote in where Benitez states "I DONT WANT OWEN" then you're right, until that happens you're talking out of your :censored:.

His main priority (do you know what a priority is?) is to buy a cb and a rm, HOWEVER that does not mean that he will not buy Owen. It may not be his main priority but it does not suggest that he won't buy him or that he doesn't rate him.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Luis Garcia » Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:28 am

A.B. wrote:

End of.

Until you find a quote in where Benitez states "I DONT WANT OWEN" then you're right, until that happens you're talking out of your :censored:.

His main priority (do you know what a priority is?) is to buy a cb and a rm, HOWEVER that does not mean that he will not buy Owen. It may not be his main priority but it does not suggest that he won't buy him or that he doesn't rate him.

My priority proving that you dont have a clue!

So Rafa Benitez loves owen then does he? how do you know.
Just beacause he doesnt mention him, doesnt mean he  wants to buy a striker.

Whats this big thing with Owen? Just because Owen is moaning that he cant get a game at madrid, and will certainly not be bought by chelsea, arsenal or Man Utd.
So Liverpool and Rafa HAVE to buy him back do they???
No we dont matey, far from it. we have cisse morientes and crouch now.

Why on earth would we want to buy a striker, who we have just sold a year earlier? for at least 4m more than we sold him for.
People are even suggesting we are selling Baros, so we can buy back Owen, which is totally untrue!

A lot of LFC fans seem to be getting this silly notion, because owen wants out of madrid , that liverpool are automatically gonna bail him out.

Utter Tosh! Stop dreaming, cause Ill bet you 100 quid he aint coming back.
Luis Garcia

Postby A.B. » Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:36 am

My priority proving that you dont have a clue!

If you can't provide support for your arguements then thats not my problem.

Just beacause he doesnt mention him, doesnt mean he  wants to buy a striker.

Just because he doesn't mention him, doesn't mean that he doesn't want to buy a striker.

So Liverpool and Rafa HAVE to buy him back do they???
No we dont matey, far from it. we have cisse morientes and crouch now.

Every top side should have at least 4 experienced strikers. Crouch,Morientes,Cisse, I don't have a problem with them but to survive through the entire season it would be a benefit to us to have another experienced striker, especially if it is Michael Owen.

[QUOTE}Why on earth would we want to buy a striker, who we have just sold a year earlier? for at least 4m more than we sold him for[/quote]

We had no choice back then, Owen felt like he wanted a new challenge and his contract didn't give us many options.

Utter Tosh! Stop dreaming, cause Ill bet you 100 quid he aint coming back.

It would be my pleasure to take your 100 quid.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion