Bloody hell! keep baros! - What's he done wrong?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stapo1000 » Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:37 am

There are about 100 reasons in favour of and against selling baros. Either way i wont be too worried
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:47 am

Ability without commitment = waste of space.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Espionage » Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:25 am

Baros is exactly what Rafa does not want, i liked Cisse's comments on Crouch

"Another new face Cisse has been impressed with is strike partner Peter Crouch and he continues: "I enjoy having a target man to play alongside. It's good because Peter knows how to hold the ball up. He likes the ball played into his feet and I like to make runs into space, so I think we complement each other."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N149586050810-2210.htm

This is what we want, not mindless running around taking on defenders and getting swamped by defenders and not passing the ball when you :censored: should.

Cisse is Baros but better end of story. Its gonna be a complete catastrophe if Baros does not sell
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby begintoend » Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:29 am

I dun understand what catastrophe can happen with Baros staying?

We are already feeding a laziest S.O.B Kewell that  is so much worse off. Oh and if there's someone I wanna see off the team, that's Kewell. Baros does not warrant an exit yet.

At his level and potential, Baros can only improve.
begintoend
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:09 am

<-alonso-> wrote:i think we should definetly keep milan, he's better than crouch, pongolle, mellor,le tallec, and morientes! dont sell him!

I have to say your argument is very convincing.    :sleepy:
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Chelsea forever. » Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:11 am

Baros just has to be conditioned to play the way the boss wants him to, he is a very good striker if you ask me!
Chelsea forever.

Postby LFC #1 » Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:12 am

Don't think he fits into Rafa's plans though Chelsea forever.

If it comes to a choice of keeping Baros or selling Milan and bringing MO back well then it really is no contest.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Chelsea forever. » Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:16 am

Its no contest for you and for the fans, but what would suggest MO fits into Rafas plans?

Like iv said in the other thread, if Rafa wanted Owen and has first choice in getting him and the bord is OK with it then the deal would be long done by now. But the very fact that he isnt even commenting on it and insisting he is only in the market for a CD and a RWF suggests he doesnt want Owen.

He has always spoken of players he wants before signing them. Why wouldnt he talk about OWen?
Chelsea forever.

Postby Ian Rush's Right foot » Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:21 am

IF we do have to get rid of a striker, it should be Morientes

err, simply no! ??? ??? ???

....I'm the bee's knee, his legs and his arms.....
Ian Rush's Right foot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby begintoend » Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:28 am

I wouldn't like to agree with something blue, but I just can't stand all these <b>fantasies</b> about having Owen back?! I do not hate Owen, I just dun rate him in the current team. Yes, Chelsea Forever, I see Baros as a very good striker.

Getting back to Baros leaving, the funds needed for this sale is only for the acquisition of players on RM or/and CB. Which these 2 positions are so bloody obvious that we need improvement on. And improvement comes from buying players of those position.

Why Baros? Why not Kewell?
**I am  so against having that lazy scum kewell** :D
begintoend
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Chelsea forever. » Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:05 am

begintoend wrote:Why Baros? Why not Kewell?
**I am  so against having that lazy scum kewell** :D

That is the best thing iv read on this forum till date.
Chelsea forever.

Postby Homebooby » Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:50 am

MCYan wrote:
SouthCoastShankly wrote:The question should should be asking isn't what he done wrong, rather you should be asking What HAS he done?

~ 12 League goals all season
~ Been a lazy git all season

who's lazier, cisse or baros

I think this is a little unfair to Cisse. He seems to work a lot harder to me than Baros......maybe I'm blind to it. :cool:
Homebooby

Postby dxavier » Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:52 pm

<-alonso-> wrote:1. if you want a striker who couldn't hit a cow's ar$£ with a banjo, its drogba.
there have been reports that baros has been a lot less selfish non the ball in pre season.
keep baros.

:veryangry Why are we so quick to critise foreign strikers who have only had one year here?? Especially after his performance in the Charity Shield, I have the feeling Drogba will be shutting people up. The same for Cisse and Morientes. I don't know how many times I have to say this, but they need time. Some foreign players like Alonso settle in immediately and some don't. They need time. Yes, Baros is a good player too, but there are times when he doesn't look great and he is definately the type of player that some managers will love and some will hate. I just don't think Benitez is a big fan. I am not worried. I think the other strikers including Mellor will improve under Benitez and Morientes and Cisse didn't look too shabby last night. Give it time, Stop reading that scum toiletpaper called The Sun which brainwashes you into slagging off players and be a proper fan and give time. Both Gerrard and Carra took time to be at the level they are now and the same is going to be for our strikers. They need time to settle and yes, before you jump in, settling can take more than a year. Angel took more than a year at Villa and then came up with the goods, Forlan didn't get the time at Man Poo and is now the top scorer in Europe for last season, Figurroa got no time at Brummie, then knocks 15 in Spain when given an actual chance, etc etc. Give it time and have some faith.
dxavier

Postby desperado0831 » Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:35 pm

Cisse deserved a starting place and baros does so. He was not appear on the ground last night and he's off.

Harry Kewell is lying his hand and body on the bed and keep making money and my pity baros just stay off. :(
Reds is the sacred colour before this world was born.

desperado0831

Postby Siddy454 » Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:44 pm

Baros i almost defiently not going to be with us next season anyway. But we should giv him some credit for his goals
1892 - 2005 - Liverpool F.C

18 League Titles
6 F.A Cups
7 League Cups                         
5 European Cups
3 UEFA Cups
3 European Super Cups
1 Super Cup
14 Charity Shields
Y.N.W.A
Siddy454

PreviousNext