Blackburn vs liverpool - Let's keep the run going....

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby whylongball? » Sun Oct 31, 2004 4:51 am

Santa wrote:why replace Finnan and not Josemi Rafa ?? Puzzling

was thinking Benitez would pull out Josemi and Finnan would come back as rite back but totally the opposite  ???
whylongball?

Postby A.B. » Sun Oct 31, 2004 5:46 am

Unfourtanetly when Hamann has a bad game so does Hyypia. Josemi looked disapointing, he needs to chill the ****** out on the pitch.

Kewell no longer plays for the love of the game, more like for the money. Too much drama for one day.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby The_Rock » Sun Oct 31, 2004 6:00 am

fivecups wrote:Our defence have been a mess today, especially Josemi and Hyypia. Blackburn have looked the better side :( .

Our whole team have looked shaken by Cisse's injury. He's gonna be out for 6 months at least with that.

Lets hope Rafa can calm everyone down and get us playing like we did in the first ten minutes.

And I hope they get some strong painkillers for Djibril.... poor guy.

Every week, seeing hyppia plays.....makes me think carra & traore should play centrebacks......... and that is kind-of-desperate (traore not carra).

We need a new centreback and striker this jan.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sun Oct 31, 2004 6:04 am

Santa wrote:why replace Finnan and not Josemi Rafa ?? Puzzling

yeah, i have defended josemi when he played badly against the scums & chelsea. But now, he keeps getting found out. Blackburn only atacked our right flank as they saw josemi as a weak-link. Finnan actually played better than josemi.
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sun Oct 31, 2004 6:11 am

Paul C wrote:Hyypia, Josemi and Hamman don't have enough pace but that doesn't make them bad players, it means that their positioning needs to be spot on otherwise they will get punished :(

Hamann just had a bad game that's all. (he can't play well all the time). But the thing is when hamann does not play well or not at all, hyppia has a stinker.
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Sun Oct 31, 2004 8:06 am

Liverpool should gain some stage where an under par performance of particular player doesn't significantly affect the whole team performance. So there'll be no more something like "we were defeated because someone played a bad game" or whatsoever. I think we are on the track, we once led 4-2 after even reduced to ten men. It showed that this team begin to be capable to compensate particular sector's flaws/lack.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sun Oct 31, 2004 9:19 am

Look on the bright side...half the team played badly, Emerton had Josemi for b'fast lunch and dinner, losing Cisse with a horrific broken leg (get well soon lad!), the rest seems affected by what happened to Cisse (even Riise wear the shirt with the wrong name), referee was uninterested to punished the Blackburn players high kicks, double-footed challanges etc, Blackburn set up shop to try bully us and not allow our team to play football, we still managed a draw and came close to a win. It could have been worst, much worst...looking at the way our players got kicked all over the park.

Don't think Hamann will have too many ineffective games like this. Kewell seems lively when he came on but still far from the Kewell I came to expect. Josemi, Diao and Hyypia will need to step aside come Jan's transfer window.
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:28 am

Look on the bright side, we're still missing our most influential player, we played pretty poorly but still got out with a point which, looking at our away form so far this season isn't such a bad result. Losing Cisse is a massive blow but i'm still pretty confident we are heading in the right direction. I'm looking forward to seeing the Captain and Alonso run our midfield.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sun Oct 31, 2004 3:59 pm

fivecups wrote:The reason you do it is people you really do believe your better than those who don't/cant go. Stop trying to hide that.
You believe your more of a supporter than everyone else. You highlight it all the time.

That is where you are worng, I do not class myself as a Liverpool supporter, my grandfather is a supporter, and the last game he went to was Snakly's testimonial.

I am a Liverpool fan, dyed in the wool, thru and thru. I follow the team I love home and away whenever I can. If you think that makes my point of view less than yours, then that is your opinion, however I personally think that gives me a better insight, more knowledge and therefore a better understanding than that of a supporter who last attended a game six months ago.

What ever you say, if you have not seen first hand the contribution of a player at a game, you can not say you know about that player.

Five minutes of the best bits of a game does not allow you to see the contribution of a player who may not have scored a goal or commited a foul. Hamman being a classic example of this. A lot of people on here say that Didi is past it, and most of those people are the ones who do not go the game and only see the highlights. Didi's contribution is and always has been immense.

Man of the match awards are often given to goalscorers on this site. That typifies the type of view that people get on TV. Another classic is the "I saw on the radio" line. Laughable.

I am not saying that people who do not go dont have a right to give their views, but I am catagorically saying that people who go the game will have a better and more difinitive view.

Also, I know that I go the match Saturday, then come home and watch the highlights on Football first on SKY, then MOTD and then MOTD again in the morning before going to Sunday League. So if you think I will not have seen something that you did, than you are wrong.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sun Oct 31, 2004 4:12 pm

Then Leon...everyone here will be better off if you could contribute more of your insight, share your knowledge of the game/players etc instead of telling the others their views are not valid just because they can't attend a game. (OK that does not include those who only watch 5 minutes of highlights as they only see a small part of the entire game and not informed enough to form a conclusion but there are some of us who watch the entire 90 minutes + the 30 mins build-up + 30 mins post match analysis and you are taking a swipe at them as well).
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Sun Oct 31, 2004 4:25 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:Five minutes of the best bits of a game does not allow you to see the contribution of a player who may not have scored a goal or commited a foul. Hamman being a classic example of this. A lot of people on here say that Didi is past it, and most of those people are the ones who do not go the game and only see the highlights. Didi's contribution is and always has been immense.

Man of the match awards are often given to goalscorers on this site. That typifies the type of view that people get on TV. Another classic is the "I saw on the radio" line. Laughable.

I am not saying that people who do not go dont have a right to give their views, but I am catagorically saying that people who go the game will have a better and more difinitive view.

Also, I know that I go the match Saturday, then come home and watch the highlights on Football first on SKY, then MOTD and then MOTD again in the morning before going to Sunday League. So if you think I will not have seen something that you did, than you are wrong.

Im not talking about highlights, I mean watching the full match on TV compared to actually watching it from the stadium. In quite a few respects you see more watching it on the telly. Again I accept that you get a better sense of the atmosphere, you see some off the ball runs/positioning/incidents more clearly if your in the stadium, but other times you see more on the telly especially if your behind one of the goals.

The discussion was whether people see more from the stands or from the telly........not whether you personally observe more than I do.

I've no doubt about your dedication as a fan either, never have, but I dont accept you throwing abuse at me when my opinion's different to yours.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sun Oct 31, 2004 7:11 pm

Santa wrote:Then Leon...everyone here will be better off if you could contribute more of your insight, share your knowledge of the game/players etc instead of telling the others their views are not valid just because they can't attend a game.

Then so be it

Blackburn, Millwall Cisse etc...
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red_Si » Mon Nov 01, 2004 12:19 pm

Ok, I'm disappointed with this result, although I did predict trouble when you were all forecasting easy 2-0 or 3-1 victories.

Conceding 2 goals to a pisspoor Blackburn team is just embarassing. The first goal was a training ground tap-in and the second just highlighted that Hyypia and Josemi are donkeys.

On the positive side, Baros scored again (he is a player I have always had faith in) and Traore continues to give solid performances.

In summary, our defensive performance reminded me of the Houllier days but a least we can now respond with goals.

Best wishes to Cisse for a full recovery but let's face it - he will not be missed much.

I expect we'll be signing a couple of big-nosed donkeys in the January transfer window.
  :upside:
Red_Si

Postby bigmick » Mon Nov 01, 2004 12:40 pm

Jeez Si, keep those positive vibes flowing mate! Blackburn played well, even average teams do at times. Remember when we got done at Bolton? everyone posted that we should be wiping the floor with rubbish such as that. They've since drawn with Man U (they were robbed FWIW), beaten Newcastle and drawn with Arsenal at Highbury. Away points are not to be sniffed at. I expected us to win but they stood up on the day. Given the sickening Cisse injury I thought we did well to come back. Incidently I have probably been the most consistent critic, particularly of the fee we paid for Cisse, but calling the lad when he's just snapped his leg seems a bit harsh to me. Maybe I'm just being a bit sentimental here but any discussions as to his merits or relative worth are currently off limits, for me anyhow.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red_Si » Mon Nov 01, 2004 1:32 pm

OK fair enough. I think we'll have to play Kewell and Garcia behind Baros, until Pongolle is fit.

I think Mellor would bottle it.

Regarding positive vibes, I forgot to mention that Alonso was excellent and Riise a great improvement.

And we will beat Birmingham. :D
Red_Si

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion