Blackburn vs liverpool - Let's keep the run going....

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby fivecups » Sat Oct 30, 2004 10:41 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:I love it when people come out with this rubbish.

How many runs did you see that were made off the ball this evening?

Also the away crowd was probably the worst of the season, very quiet indeed at times.

I did say that it was not a poke at people who dont go the game, but you have just highlighted the reason why muppets on here who were not at the match should not comment.

Rubbish? Muppet?

Don't tell me your not trying to 'poke' at people who don't/cant get to the game.

You are. Its the only reason for your post. You do it all the time.

The reason you do it is people you really do believe your better than those who don't/cant go. Stop trying to hide that.
You believe your more of a supporter than everyone else. You highlight it all the time.

You were sat behind one of the goals today. How much can you see at the other end of the pitch. Not much. You can still pick up a lot of off the ball runs on t.v.

Your continual posts on attending games reek of superiority. At least admit your true opinion.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sat Oct 30, 2004 10:54 pm

fivecups wrote:

Also the away crowd was probably the worst of the season, very quiet indeed at times.

I did say that it was not a poke at people who dont go the game, but you have just highlighted the reason why muppets on here who were not at the match should not comment.

Rubbish? Muppet?

Don't tell me your not trying to 'poke' at people who don't/cant get to the game.

The reason you do it is people you really do believe your better than those who don't/cant go. Stop trying to hide that.
You believe your more of a supporter than everyone else. You highlight it all the time.

You were sat behind one of the goals today. How much can you see at the other end of the pitch. Not much. You can still pick up a lot of off the ball runs on t.v.

Your continual posts on attending games reek of superiority. At least admit your true opinion.

Look lad, I am not in the mood for a slanging match.

I have said in the past, when I first joined, that all wools and non match going fans did not know anything about the game's, team and club. Following a number of arguments and also a lot of really top notch discussions, I discovered that was not always the case. I also posted and apology and acknowledgement of that fact as well.

If you say that you see more and have a better view of a game from your armchair, then you are a muppet.

Look man, as I said I did not say it was an argument over the virtues of attanding or not attending, I was just curious as to the point of view that people had, as I felt some of the assesments of the players were well off the mark.

Dont try and pick a fight soft lad, I am not intrested.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Oct 30, 2004 11:10 pm

actually after the deportivo game and got home and watched the reply it was 2 diffrent games only when you are there there is more atmosphere , but todays game came close to 100% on the cardiac list todays game was our first guts and fightin game of the whole season but I watched it on sky maybe this wasnt the case of those watching it from the stands,  :;): either way we got a point not as good as a win but hey these things were meant to try us, and btw leons lovely :;):
Last edited by Ciggy on Sat Oct 30, 2004 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Oct 30, 2004 11:13 pm

sorry ppl to much to drink ignotre :D but i still love leon :;):
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Sat Oct 30, 2004 11:13 pm

Just to add my little pennies worth.I've been to grounds all around the country,all sorts of stadiums on the continent and even stadia in U.S.A. and Canada;I came to the conclusion that there are times you don't see the full picture and there are times that you do.I can catergorically declare that discussions and arguements in the pub,after being at the match,have been settled on viewing match of the day.

To use the phrase... Jesus H Christ... you can be standing or sitting next to someone who has a different view on events and how many times have we all screamed "didn't you see that ref".

I used to go home and away for 15 years.....I don't travel anymore.
I have a season ticket but I still like the views of my fellow supporters,whose only connection is via the T.V. module.

It's laughable how many times I've read a newspaper report on a game and thought the reporter couldn't have been there.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby supersub » Sat Oct 30, 2004 11:16 pm

Just to throw in another thought....M.O.T.D. highlights are definitely no way to assess a game.So don't form opinions on the 2 minutes tonight. :D
Last edited by supersub on Sat Oct 30, 2004 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Ciggy » Sat Oct 30, 2004 11:21 pm

supersub wrote:Just to throw in another thought....M.O.T.D. highlights are definitely no way to assess a game.So don't form opinions on the 2 minutes tonight. :D

:D im p.issed I dont care :;):

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sat Oct 30, 2004 11:26 pm

Just saw Cisse's leg broken in half on MOTD a few seconds ago.

Yuk!!!!  :Oo:
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Sat Oct 30, 2004 11:30 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:Look lad, I am not in the mood for a slanging match.

If you say that you see more and have a better view of a game from your armchair, then you are a muppet.

I've no interest and try not to bother having a slagging match with anyone on this forum.

Thats why I dont resort to childish 'muppet' or 'soft-lad' jibes when I dont agree with someone elses opinion; it just disrespects them. You start numerous 'slanging' matches here because you do just that.

I've sat in the Kop, the Anfield Rd stands and watch the NI home games from the Windsor Kop and when the action is at the other end of the pitch you cant see whats going on. Your perspectives wrong, if someones up before you, your views blocked. Today you couldnt see Cisse's right leg bend the way I could, you couldn't see him screaming. Yes, you get a better feel of the atmosphere of the game and see some more off the ball runs but you miss a lot too.

When Diouf spat at the Celtic fan I had no idea what was going on, what the boos were about.

Sometimes you see more on the TV, i've no problem if you don't see that.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Sun Oct 31, 2004 12:20 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:I would like to know how many of you people passing judgement went to the game. Not a wolls/scousers go the game/dont go the game argument, its just that I was there, and I have to say that some of your appraisils are well off the mark.

I was there Leon  :D

Maybe you could hear my observations ?

1. Blackburn don't appear to have changed their agggressive style from the last few seasons with repeated late tackles and Sunday Morning league type tactics ....

2. Baros was the best player by a considerbale margin.

3. Traore was lucky to stay on after a late lunge.

4. Referee was a "Homer" and reluctant to make decisions

5. Cisse has my best wishes for a speedy recovery after what appeared to be an innocous challenge from where I was sitting but just seen it on MOTD and it was a bad one  :(

6. Hyppia, Josemi and Hamann had por games.

7. Why doesn;t Kewell look interested ?  ???

Appreciate your comments
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sun Oct 31, 2004 1:39 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:
fivecups wrote:

Rubbish? Muppet?

Look lad, I am not in the mood for a slanging match.

I have said in the past, when I first joined, that all wools and non match going fans did not know anything about the game's, team and club. Following a number of arguments and also a lot of really top notch discussions, I discovered that was not always the case. I also posted and apology and acknowledgement of that fact as well.

Look man, as I said I did not say it was an argument over the virtues of attanding or not attending, I was just curious as to the point of view that people had, as I felt some of the assesments of the players were well off the mark.

...so my accessment that...

1) Josemi was caught off position time and again
2) Hyypia lack of pace is a problem for us
3) Baros played well...ran his socks off  and showed his strength to score the goal
4) Alonso's pass to Riise was exquisite
5) Finnan played well generally, but could be better deployed at RB in place of Josemi
6) Blackburn deployed rough house tactics to unsettle us
7) Tugay's successive fouls on our players left unpunished

...are wrong, all because I watch from a box at home. Leon you got a different opinion? Care to share it? I want to know what I have missed not watching from your privileage position...
Last edited by Santa on Sun Oct 31, 2004 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Sun Oct 31, 2004 1:46 am

Hiya Santa, I'm not aiding and abetting Leon her ein any way but some things you may not have seen on Sky are as follows .....

1. Incitement of the crowd by Blackburn fans who were allowed to run out of their seats to the Liverpool Fans corner without any interference from the massed ranks of police who seemed more iterested in videoing the LFC fans ???

2. The Atmosphere at the game cannot possibly be conveyed no matter how good your sound system is  :D

Apart from that your pretty spot on  :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sun Oct 31, 2004 2:01 am

Dalglish wrote:Hiya Santa, I'm not aiding and abetting Leon her ein any way but some things you may not have seen on Sky are as follows .....

1. Incitement of the crowd by Blackburn fans who were allowed to run out of their seats to the Liverpool Fans corner without any interference from the massed ranks of police who seemed more iterested in videoing the LFC fans ???

2. The Atmosphere at the game cannot possibly be conveyed no matter how good your sound system is  :D

Apart from that your pretty spot on  :D

Of course all the atmosphere at the game was lost because Sky don't broadcast in 9.1 digital surround  :D

But Leon was slagging everyone off because he is at the stadium and rubbished others opinion on players' performance, although interestingly, he didn't have one thing to say other than "I am at the Stadium and you are not...hence my superiority".
Last edited by Santa on Sun Oct 31, 2004 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Sun Oct 31, 2004 2:06 am

Whilst I don't wish to alienate yourself or Leon , to be fair to him in the post you quoted he does say it isn't a debate about fans who attend being "superior" .

I sense his attitude has mellowed a little and he as good as says that in the post.

I think what irritates Leon is the see-saw nature of "Some" forum members who watch the games on SKY then come on here and repaer what they hear pundits saying after the game ....
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sun Oct 31, 2004 2:09 am

Understand...I will leave it as that !
Last edited by Santa on Sun Oct 31, 2004 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion