Bit Frustrated with FSG

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby dawson99 » Mon May 21, 2012 12:26 pm

17 years is long enough,a dn all this you're not from Liverpool so you don't know is getting old.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon May 21, 2012 1:18 pm

dawson99 » Mon May 21, 2012 11:26 am wrote:17 years is long enough,a dn all this you're not from Liverpool so you don't know is getting old.

actually i dont think it is, especially when talking about the historical significance of things, when you are in your 20`s you dont look at the world that way but once you hit your 40`s and become more introspective you start to appreciate that things like that matter.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby dawson99 » Mon May 21, 2012 1:19 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon May 21, 2012 12:18 pm wrote:
dawson99 » Mon May 21, 2012 11:26 am wrote:17 years is long enough,a dn all this you're not from Liverpool so you don't know is getting old.

actually i dont think it is, especially when talking about the historical significance of things, when you are in your 20`s you dont look at the world that way but once you hit your 40`s and become more introspective you start to appreciate that things like that matter.

I'm 35, its long enough mate
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon May 21, 2012 1:24 pm

dawson99 » Mon May 21, 2012 12:19 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon May 21, 2012 12:18 pm wrote:

I'm 35, its long enough mate

i`d like to tell that you`ve still got the best years of your life ahead of you mate but in my experience you havent, they`ve well gone  :D
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby supersub » Mon May 21, 2012 1:24 pm

I've been going to Anfield for 45 years and it's still not long enough
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby devaney » Mon May 21, 2012 1:57 pm

Thommo's perm » Sun May 20, 2012 9:12 pm wrote:
Benny The Noon » Sun May 20, 2012 9:09 pm wrote:Consulting with the fans would show them that Liverpool is about winning trophies not making money

The fans should make their feelings known and the owners must listen
This "were doing it on your behalf" is not good enough. We will end up with the same situation as last time

Didn't the fans make their feels known vociferously when Kenny was given the job? I'm not saying for one minute that Kenny's tenure was a complete disaster but sh.it it was littered with mistakes.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Mon May 21, 2012 2:08 pm

Don't know if it's been put up already but did anybody see this in yesterdays Sunday Mirror ?
Liverpool face the prospect of losing Luis Suarez and Martin Skrtel as the club’s American owners look to introduce a new economic reality to Anfield.

Fenway Sports Group believe that an ­extended period of austerity is the only way to balance the books following Liverpool’s failure to qualify for the Champions League for a third successive season.

It means the transfer budget will be slashed – a move that won’t impress Suarez and Skrtel when they open talks about new contracts this summer.

Suarez has been targeted by Italian champions Juventus and their rivals AC Milan– and has admitted that he would like to experience life in Italy or Spain – while player-of-the-season Skrtel is wanted by Fiorentina.

Liverpool are planning to offer the pair – and defender Daniel Agger – new deals in a bid to block any foreign interest.

But their chances of keeping Suarez and Skrtel will be hit hard by the ­revelation that Kenny ­Dalglish’s successor as ­manager will be have to agree to work under a tight budget.

FSG want to introduce a five-year plan to bring success back to a club that has been plunged into chaos by Dalglish’s departure. After backing the Kop legend to the tune of £120m during his 16-month tenure, the Americans are looking for a man to target young, inexpensive talent and bring through graduates from the academy.

That will only push Suarez and Skrtel towards clubs with greater short-term ­ambitions as they assess their futures.

Suarez, the Uruguayan striker whose race row with Patrice Evra last October seriously undermined Dalglish’s position, said when he joined the club from Ajax in January 2011 for £22.8m that his ambition was to win the Champions League.

But Liverpool finished eighth in the ­Premier League – a massive 37 points behind champions Manchester City and 17 points adrift of the top four.

And Suarez allowed his guard to briefly slip during the week when he admitted: “I hope to play in Spain in the future because together with the English and Italian leagues, it is the best in the world.”

Juventus are ready to offer the 25-year-old an escape to Serie A and are willing to pay up to £30m as they look to make an assault on the Champions League.

Sktrel has resisted Fiorentina’s overtures for the past 12 months, but the Italians will return and are willing to pay £20m.

After an impressive season that saw him recognised as Liverpool’s most consistent performer, the 28-year-old Slovakian centre-back will be unwilling to spend the peak years of his career at a club unable to challenge for top honours.

If this turned out to be true and not just journo garbage we could become a lot more than just "a bit frustrated" with FSG.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Kenny Kan » Mon May 21, 2012 2:16 pm

It's not true Woof.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Mon May 21, 2012 2:22 pm

Kenny Kan » Mon May 21, 2012 2:16 pm wrote:It's not true Woof.

OK, good.  :)

what about this bit

Liverpool are planning to offer the pair – and defender Daniel Agger – new deals in a bid to block any foreign interest.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Kenny Kan » Mon May 21, 2012 2:24 pm

woof woof ! » Mon May 21, 2012 1:22 pm wrote:
Kenny Kan » Mon May 21, 2012 2:16 pm wrote:It's not true Woof.

OK, good.  :)

what about this bit

I'd say that's procedure when one doesn't qualify for CL.

I don't know the inns and outs of a ducks @rse Woof, you're asking the wrong bloke - try Judge.  :D
Last edited by Kenny Kan on Mon May 21, 2012 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon May 21, 2012 2:26 pm

supersub » Mon May 21, 2012 12:24 pm wrote:I've been going to Anfield for 45 years and it's still not long enough

:buttrock
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jacdaniel » Mon May 21, 2012 3:14 pm

Right now, Im not too sure what to make of FSG at all.  They've been in charge for 18 months now and we seem to be starting from scratch as opposed to 18 months into a 5 year plan.   

We all seem to be blaming either Kenny or Comolli for the signings we made but isn't it a bit of a coincidence that the players we signed fit nicely into FSG's stats based approach... I'm also not convinced that they ever wanted Kenny at all.  They left him all alone in the Suarez affair and there didn't appear to be funds in Jan.   

Things also seem to be quiet on the new stadium front.  Right now it seems to me like we're starting a 5 year plan 18 months later.

It will be interesting to see what kind of appointments are made over the next few weeks and what kind of money is invested.
Their honeymoon period is certainly over and I think some of us fans would really like to know what the plan is.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby supersub » Mon May 21, 2012 3:24 pm

jacdaniel » Mon May 21, 2012 3:14 pm wrote:Right now, Im not too sure what to make of FSG at all.  They've been in charge for 18 months now and we seem to be starting from scratch as opposed to 18 months into a 5 year plan.   

We all seem to be blaming either Kenny or Comolli for the signings we made but isn't it a bit of a coincidence that the players we signed fit nicely into FSG's stats based approach... I'm also not convinced that they ever wanted Kenny at all.  They left him all alone in the Suarez affair and there didn't appear to be funds in Jan.   

Things also seem to be quiet on the new stadium front.  Right now it seems to me like we're starting a 5 year plan 18 months later.

It will be interesting to see what kind of appointments are made over the next few weeks and what kind of money is invested.
Their honeymoon period is certainly over and I think some of us fans would really like to know what the plan is.

Seems to be a fair assessment of the current situation...........I would hazard a guess that the main priority is to increase the stock value of Liverpool FC, increase club revenue to offer a good return to the shareholder and hopefully win a few cups to keep the fans happy (if need be)...some fans may be happy just to play champions league footy and not win a damn thing; apparently according to some newkit members, Arsenal fans love it :unclesam:
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby metalhead » Mon May 21, 2012 3:34 pm

Tony Evans been criticizing them on twitter, he has been livid since Kenny got the sack. He also said some interesting stuff about January, that Kenny was surprised he didn't get the money in January and the owners are stalling regarding the stadium. He thinks FSG are not the right people in the club and voiced the same concerns of some fans that they would scrap trophies over $$$
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon May 21, 2012 4:07 pm

I'm guessing the owners thought they would have their man by now, allowing far less time for a back lash from fans .....WRONG 

Seems the Liverpool job has become somewhat of a "poison chalice ", what with the club clearly setting their bar inconceivably higher than most intelligent
fans believe is practical ,especially given the potential suitors now involved in the race .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion