Bit Frustrated with FSG

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby devaney » Sun May 20, 2012 4:21 pm

Thommo's perm » Sun May 20, 2012 11:20 am wrote:devaney
I take your point but people are angry at the way things have panned out. You shouldnt criticise people too much for not being happy at whats gone on.
A massive decision has been made, we are told for the right reason. Some dont like it and are frightened of what the consequences might be.
FSG had better get it right and must justify what theyve done by getting the best manager they can and giving him time and money.
Just because you accept it without question doesnt mean everyone should
:no

Thommo I don't accept the decisions of FSG without question but unlike some of the posters on this forum I won't start jumping up and down like a five year old and throwing distasteful and unnecessary insults at the owners. Unfortunately constructive criticism of Kenny on this forum is too much for some people to accept.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun May 20, 2012 4:32 pm

devaney » Sun May 20, 2012 3:10 pm wrote:Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.......... Shi.t pal you've found the cure for insomnia !!!!! By the way no humour intended.I just think you are a self righteous sanctimonious a.rse but then you probably know that already !!!!!! However it would appear that I was being overly generous suggesting you actually have two brain cells. Enough of this, your inability to recognise the need for change is only matched by your pathetic behaviour when somebody has the courage to make changes.

So much anger lad  :D  I bet your little digits are bleeding typing those very prominent exclamation marks .Oh and just a small tip... no one I know living or dead ever used the term "pal " other than fucking Cilla Black  :laugh:

Anyway back to why I originally posted ,if you don't like my stance then put me on ignore ,its a simple enough practice.

Only if you want to continually throw  personal insults at me  pm me .
Last edited by RED BEERGOGGLES on Sun May 20, 2012 4:38 pm, edited 4 times in total.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 20, 2012 4:32 pm

that article by boardman is a good summary of the last few years
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun May 20, 2012 5:02 pm

It's funny now because even if we reached 4th we still wouldn't qualify for the CL. The owners' so desired 4th stop would have been useless this season. I wonder what would have happened if we did reach 4th but ended the season trophyless and without qualifying for the CL.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 20, 2012 5:11 pm

damjan193 » Sun May 20, 2012 4:02 pm wrote:It's funny now because even if we reached 4th we still wouldn't qualify for the CL. The owners' so desired 4th stop would have been useless this season. I wonder what would have happened if we did reach 4th but ended the season trophyless and without qualifying for the CL.

i think kenny would have kept his job in those circumstances, thats just plain unlucky.
spurs must be gutted, at least everton had an opportunity against villerreal to try to qualify for the CL, but spurs dont even get that, they go straight into the europa league.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Boxscarf » Sun May 20, 2012 6:46 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun May 20, 2012 3:32 pm wrote:
Anyway back to why I originally posted ,if you don't like my stance then put me on ignore ,its a simple enough practice. .

You should start practising what you preach, maybe then you won't look like a total hypocrite.
Boxscarf

Postby friendlyguy33 » Sun May 20, 2012 6:59 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 20, 2012 4:11 pm wrote:
damjan193 » Sun May 20, 2012 4:02 pm wrote:It's funny now because even if we reached 4th we still wouldn't qualify for the CL. The owners' so desired 4th stop would have been useless this season. I wonder what would have happened if we did reach 4th but ended the season trophyless and without qualifying for the CL.

i think kenny would have kept his job in those circumstances, thats just plain unlucky.
spurs must be gutted, at least everton had an opportunity against villerreal to try to qualify for the CL, but spurs dont even get that, they go straight into the europa league.

The format is wrong the old system with just the champions of each country qualifying for one place in the European Cup was better it was a better competition with better finals. I know this might sound mad given that Liverpool won the CL in 2005 having finished fourth the year before but really this is daft. Also it should be Chelsea going into the third round of qualifying in July just as Liverpool had to in 2005/2006. Spurs should also be in there having finished fourth.

Kenny would still be in a job if the second half of the season had been like the first half. 34 points I think from the first 19 games 68 points we would have been in fifth place ahead of Newcastle and Chelsea. Instead it was 18 points from the last 19 games. The issue with the owners was not failing to get third or fourth but falling away so badly that the last eight/ten league games became a non-entity.
friendlyguy33

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun May 20, 2012 8:03 pm

We dont know what would have happened if wed reached 4th and not qualified such is the confusion about what FSG wanted and why KK was sacked.
Its bullsh'it and they had better pick a great manager who can hit the ground running because people are getting mighty pi'ssed off with them.
Thommo's perm

Postby Boxscarf » Sun May 20, 2012 8:33 pm

Thommo's perm » Sun May 20, 2012 7:03 pm wrote:We dont know what would have happened if wed reached 4th and not qualified such is the confusion about what FSG wanted and why KK was sacked.
Its bullsh'it and they had better pick a great manager who can hit the ground running because people are getting mighty pi'ssed off with them.

The only thing that will annoy me with FSG is if they lie to us like how the last owners lied to us. It is crucial for the future of our club that we get a new stadium built, it needs be a large stadium of around 60,000-70,000 in terms of capacity and it needs to have areas for expansion in the future. FSG have gone very quiet on the stadium, almost trying to sweep the matter underneath the carpet, because if they want us to become a top club, then we need a state of the art stadium with enough capacity to get plenty more revenue. I'd say our club has suffered financially through remaining at Anfield, as beautiful as Anfield is, it's time to move on.

Another thing that worries me is whether or not our manager (whoever it is) will have to sell-to-buy new players? It seems that whoever will come in will have to reduce the wage bill further and will have to try and sign young, exciting talents, emerging talents rather than finished articles, which suggests to me FSG are not fond of the prospect of spending large sums of money on an established footballer, they want someone young, someone cheaper, someone who can grow into a footballer for the future. If this is the case, then Arsenal are a shining example of such a philosophy being an abject failure. I'm not suggesting that this club ignores the FFP and starts throwing money around, but there needs to be some established talent brought in, so we have a nice balance of youth and experience. It also seems that FSG want the club to support itself, become self-sufficient, paying its own way, while they take some revenue and share it amongst themselves which is fine (as long as our club in a healthy shape and is making marked progress).

I think FSG will have to invest more of their own money in order for us to make significant progress, if they are not prepared to do so then they are not the people to take us forward. They must realise that the money they invest into the club will be made back and some more if we start becoming a successful side that is challenging for honours especially the big-earners like the Premier League and the Champions League, then they'll make a small fortune for themselves and will also help put us back where we all want to be and that's at the top of the pile.
Boxscarf

Postby damjan193 » Sun May 20, 2012 8:44 pm

I don't think we should be judging our league performance after the Arsenal game, because everybody gave up on the league after that match because there was no way we could get 4th so we just concentrated on the cup. The owners shouldn't be judging Kenny's performance in the league after that game.

But I really wonder what would the owners do if they were offered at the start of the season: 1.the Carling Cup, runners-up in the FA Cup and a qualification for Europa League because of the cup but poor performance in the league and finishing 8th or 2.not even bothering for the "worthless" cups and losing in the first rounds but getting 4th without qualifying in the CL and qualifying for the Europa League. For me it's a no-brainer, and so should have been for the owners and for everyone else.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Boxscarf » Sun May 20, 2012 9:05 pm

Our players seemingly weak mentality worries me greatly! We need to be signing players who never give in, never give up, never submit, even when they are behind in a football match. We seem to have a team of players who give up at the first hurdle and that's grossly unacceptable.
Boxscarf

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 20, 2012 9:14 pm

Boxscarf » Sun May 20, 2012 7:33 pm wrote:
Thommo's perm » Sun May 20, 2012 7:03 pm wrote:We dont know what would have happened if wed reached 4th and not qualified such is the confusion about what FSG wanted and why KK was sacked.

The only thing that will annoy me with FSG is if they lie to us like how the last owners lied to us. It is crucial for the future of our club that we get a new stadium built, it needs be a large stadium of around 60,000-70,000 in terms of capacity and it needs to have areas for expansion in the future. FSG have gone very quiet on the stadium, almost trying to sweep the matter underneath the carpet, because if they want us to become a top club, then we need a state of the art stadium with enough capacity to get plenty more revenue. I'd say our club has suffered financially through remaining at Anfield, as beautiful as Anfield is, it's time to move on.

Another thing that worries me is whether or not our manager (whoever it is) will have to sell-to-buy new players? It seems that whoever will come in will have to reduce the wage bill further and will have to try and sign young, exciting talents, emerging talents rather than finished articles, which suggests to me FSG are not fond of the prospect of spending large sums of money on an established footballer, they want someone young, someone cheaper, someone who can grow into a footballer for the future. If this is the case, then Arsenal are a shining example of such a philosophy being an abject failure. I'm not suggesting that this club ignores the FFP and starts throwing money around, but there needs to be some established talent brought in, so we have a nice balance of youth and experience. It also seems that FSG want the club to support itself, become self-sufficient, paying its own way, while they take some revenue and share it amongst themselves which is fine (as long as our club in a healthy shape and is making marked progress).

I think FSG will have to invest more of their own money in order for us to make significant progress, if they are not prepared to do so then they are not the people to take us forward. They must realise that the money they invest into the club will be made back and some more if we start becoming a successful side that is challenging for honours especially the big-earners like the Premier League and the Champions League, then they'll make a small fortune for themselves and will also help put us back where we all want to be and that's at the top of the pile.

i know there are a lot of obstacles in the way of anfield being redeveloped (many of them put up by the council) but i really do think that we should stay at anfield and try to overcome them.
there`s just way too much history there to turn our backs on, for instance it`s one of only two grounds left that hosted a game on that historic first ever saturday of league football on the 8th of september 1888 (the other is prestons deepdale), we wouldnt even exist but for the ground because john houlding created LFC to play at his vacant ground and loads of people, including bill shankly, have their ashes spread on the pitch.
it`s a church as well as a stadium.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Boxscarf » Sun May 20, 2012 9:21 pm

I think apart of this club's problem is the fact it lives, breathes and exists in its past and therefore there is no room to build for a greater future. We're not in 1978 anymore or 1986, we're in 2012 and it's time we got with the programme. It's time we updated ourselves, we're known as a club that lives in its past and that's not the reputation I want associated with the club I love. I want our club to continue making history by being as successful as possible and I feel a new stadium is just what this club needs. It will boost the club, it will improve the club, it will give this club a fresh dosage of energy and excitement. Building a new stadium with a much larger capacity than what we currently have is the only way this club can compete with the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester City and Manchester United.
Last edited by Boxscarf on Sun May 20, 2012 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boxscarf

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun May 20, 2012 9:22 pm

We do need a new stadium unfortunatly it seems our owners can't afford to build one
Benny The Noon

Postby Boxscarf » Sun May 20, 2012 9:27 pm

Benny The Noon » Sun May 20, 2012 8:22 pm wrote:We do need a new stadium unfortunatly it seems our owners can't afford to build one

Let's not kid ourselves here, our owners are a group of multi-billionaires, however if they are doing an Ambramovich or a Mansour, then they're never going to get their money back. The difference between someone like John W Henry and Abramovich is simple - Liverpool is an investment, Chelsea is a Russian Billionaires plaything. If FSG wanted to, they could have a stadium built out of their own pockets, but realistically they'll never make their money back, they'd never make a profit, so it's not a viable option to them and rightly so! I think when the Global economy improves and banks and businesses are willing to loosen the grip on their purse strings is when stadium development will start to take shape and if it doesn't then there will come a time when FSG will have to start answering questions about it. 18 months and nothing at the moment is not what I envisaged, but hopefully they (FSG) want us to start getting things right on the pitch before the stadium is brought into consideration.
Boxscarf

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion