Bit Frustrated with FSG

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri May 18, 2012 1:05 pm

roberto green » Fri May 18, 2012 11:56 am wrote:Whether or not we like it or not, 4th place matters more than the domestic cups now, sure it's a great day out to the finals but does winning a cup generate the revenue to attract the top players or top sponsorship to improve year in year out....No

Arsenal, Man U, Chelsea, Man city and even Spurs if you ask them what there targets are it will be to get the top 4 minimum, we need to move on and get with the times,  as much as it saddens me footbal has changed and we can either go in to a season looking to win the mickey mouse cup and not move forward or start putting foundations in place with a new look modern vision,  and yes it's all about business now but a good business will bring success.

in a way i dont mind that they`ve clarified the situation, i`m gutted about the f.a cup, when i was growing up winning that was like winning the CL and thats not an exaggeration, before the season started everyone used to say what would you rather win this year, the league or the cup and half the fans would say the cup.
but at least i know not to waste my money on any meaningless games so i thank them for that.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Boxscarf » Fri May 18, 2012 1:11 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri May 18, 2012 12:05 pm wrote:
in a way i dont mind that they`ve clarified the situation, i`m gutted about the f.a cup, when i was growing up winning that was like winning the CL and thats not an exaggeration, before the season started everyone used to say what would you rather win this year, the league or the cup and half the fans would say the cup.
but at least i know not to waste my money on any meaningless games so i thank them for that.

They'll be a lot of egg on FSG's face next season when Anfield is virtually empty at all the cup matches.  :laugh:

At least I'll be able to get up to Anfield more often if that's the case, a win-win situation for me.
Boxscarf

Postby roberto green » Fri May 18, 2012 1:18 pm

roberto green » Fri May 18, 2012 11:56 am wrote:Whether or not we like it or not, 4th place matters more than the domestic cups now, sure it's a great day out to the finals but does winning a cup generate the revenue to attract the top players or top sponsorship to improve year in year out....No

Arsenal, Man U, Chelsea, Man city and even Spurs if you ask them what there targets are it will be to get the top 4 minimum, we need to move on and get with the times,  as much as it saddens me footbal has changed and we can either go in to a season looking to win the mickey mouse cup and not move forward or start putting foundations in place with a new look modern vision,  and yes it's all about business now but a good business will bring success.

I know what you mean when I was a kid I remember asking my dad which was the most important to win the league or the F.ACup, it just shows how much the champions league has took over.
roberto green

Postby stmichael » Fri May 18, 2012 1:27 pm

Another major thing that worries me is lack of stadium plans. That's a major blot on FSG imo.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri May 18, 2012 1:33 pm

stmichael » Fri May 18, 2012 12:27 pm wrote:Another major thing that worries me is lack of stadium plans. That's a major blot on FSG imo.

thats one thing i actually dont mind, i think anfield should be redeveloped, the fact we play at anfield is about the only thing keeping me supporting this club at the moment
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Roger Red Hat » Fri May 18, 2012 1:40 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri May 18, 2012 12:33 pm wrote:
stmichael » Fri May 18, 2012 12:27 pm wrote:Another major thing that worries me is lack of stadium plans. That's a major blot on FSG imo.

thats one thing i actually dont mind, i think anfield should be redeveloped, the fact we play at anfield is about the only thing keeping me supporting this club at the moment

thats how I see it too mate, this club has lost it's heart. take Anfield away and it loses it's soul too.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri May 18, 2012 1:59 pm

The end is nigh!!
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Penguins » Fri May 18, 2012 2:41 pm

Boxscarf » Fri May 18, 2012 12:04 pm wrote:
Penguins » Fri May 18, 2012 11:58 am wrote:But what they are saying that the league comes 1st which we can all agree on. That is the bread n butter and should not be sacrificed for the cups.
League comes 1st simple as.

1st place in the League counts, not 4th place. If we want Champions League football then we should do so trying to win the League title, not trying to scrape into the top four. That in itself shows a complete lack of ambition. When Benitez was our manager and was getting 4th place, 3rd place and even 2nd place that wasn't good enough for us. People used to post "if you are 1st you are 1st, if you are 2nd, you are nothing". Now it appears that supporters are dumbing down expectations faster than the Government are at dumbing down GCSE and A-level examinations. When Shankly said the league title was our bread and butter, he meant in terms of winning it, not finishing 4th to qualify for Europe. 4th next season would mark significant progress, that's not an achievement. Winning trophies is the ultimate achievement of a manager and a club. Nobody remembers 4th place or 3rd or 2nd, they remember 1st and that's what we should be aiming for.

Sure, and you can go from 8th to 1st the next season???

That is something that is even more important than Cl qualification imo. Unless you get to 4th, 3rd or 2nd you can forget about 1st the next season as history shows you.
Ot is all about having a plan and building for the next season.
Unless those strong fundations are there on the pitch and financially the league title is a pipe dream!
You take small steps each season to get closer to the goal but if you think you can hover around midtable for a few years cause it won't matter with 4th and then win the league all of a sudden you are in la la land.

Why people acted that way when Rafa was here was because they became deluded and craved everything since he had brought back success and belief.  He did something out of very little but that wasn't enough
and people never saw in what climate he did it in.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Kukilon » Fri May 18, 2012 3:24 pm

The stadium project needs to be started ASAP otherwise they can f*ck off for all I care. Every day that passes is a day when sink further and further down the pecking order.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Fri May 18, 2012 3:25 pm

Im with you
Im glad theyve said they are concentrating on the league. Thats what we should have been doing for years instaed of being distracted and disappointed with cup competitions.
Lets start a "FU'CK THE CUPS" campaign and tell everyone not to bother taking the option. Charge less for tickets so you get a full house and put all the kids in the cup games and leave them to see how far they get. It will be a good experience and a family day out.
Last edited by Thommo's perm on Fri May 18, 2012 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thommo's perm

Postby mart » Fri May 18, 2012 3:36 pm

My biggest worry is this new management structure. I wonder what kind of manager will accept having so little power in the club.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby jacdaniel » Fri May 18, 2012 3:43 pm

mart » Fri May 18, 2012 2:36 pm wrote:My biggest worry is this new management structure. I wonder what kind of manager will accept having so little power in the club.

A yes man probably.  Martinez or someone like that.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby Roger Red Hat » Fri May 18, 2012 3:46 pm

Rafa will. If it gets him back at the helm of this club/team he'll agree to anything they ask him.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri May 18, 2012 3:46 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri May 18, 2012 11:09 am wrote:i wont be going to another cup game while these are in charge, whats the point? the manager would be a divvy if he put out a good side.
glad i never went down to wembley now, lot of money to spend on a meaningless competition, feel sorry for those who went down there 3 times last season.

I went twice this season ,and I wouldn't change a minute of it mate ...Especially since it now looks increasingly likely I wont be attending again .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri May 18, 2012 3:48 pm

supersub » Fri May 18, 2012 10:59 am wrote:I ask all season ticket holders not to tick the box for the automated cup ticket scheme..................they don't matter so don't pay for it

Top shout that mate  :buttrock
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion