Big sammi to leave? - This summer

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby mungi » Tue May 22, 2007 5:35 am

sami is a legend in my eyes, one of the greats
mungi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Espionage » Tue May 22, 2007 6:07 am

You could be sure that no player in the world was going to get the better of Sami in an ariel battle.  Absolute Colossus of a centre back! Will be sad to see him go though it might not be a bad idea for both him and the club if we can get a bit of money from it.
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Salty Sock » Wed May 23, 2007 2:26 pm

Espionage wrote:You could be sure that no player in the world was going to get the better of Sami in an ariel battle.  Absolute Colossus of a centre back! Will be sad to see him go though it might not be a bad idea for both him and the club if we can get a bit of money from it.

Esponage, what is an 'ariel'?
I am offended by your economic prospects of the situation! No price should claim him from our maternal bosom, I would fight the foulgandering clutch that would seek to take him from us. Where is your heart son?
Salty Honors Acceptee List: Graham01, grayghost, dawson99, Bamaga Man, GYBS, LegBarnes, frankp57, Toffeehater, crazyhorse , Number 9, dward, Judge, Sabre :) PM for info!

Salty Sock

Postby Naomi » Sat May 26, 2007 10:28 am

In todays paper that Redknapp is interested in taking on Hypia
You can buy all the quality you like, but without desire, passion and the insatiable will to win, it’s nothing.
Naomi

Postby mike72 » Sat May 26, 2007 10:51 pm

Hope Sami stays for one more glorious season as a backup for Agger...maybe leaving with a league champions medal? :)
mike72

Postby flamingpoe » Sat May 26, 2007 11:11 pm

i wish sami wuld stay but if he wants to leave, he will leave, but i believe he shuld stay!!, but owen, he will probs be rubbish if only they wuld say swap sami for martins, he is so much a better player than "mr injury" owen but hey beggars cant be choosers :p :D
flamingpoe

Postby adamnbarrett » Sun May 27, 2007 12:24 am

Fulham are looking elsewhere after Sami Hyypia apparently priced himself out of a move to Craven Cottage from Liverpool.

The 33-year-old Finland international was sounded out by international team-mate Antti Niemi and told his pal he fancied a move to London.

But Fulham were unprepared to match his wage demands of £30,000-a-week over a two-year deal - plus fork out for the transfer fee to break the contract he has with Liverpool.

Lawrie Sanchez has instead switched his sights to Aberdeen defender Russell Anderson, who also has one-year left on his present deal.

The 28-year-old Scottish international is one of the most consistent players north of the border and was in the running for the Scottish Player of the Year award.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lio » Wed May 30, 2007 2:15 am

YES !!
Sami stays for the next season, end of discussion please. . .

Sami Hyypia insists that Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez has told him he has a future at Anfield

... he met with Benitez just before the UEFA Champions League final with Milan.
... "Rafa said, 'We are happy with you and you are not for sale.'" Hyypia told Ilta-Sanomat.
... "I will go back to Liverpool in July for pre-season training"
Sky Sports

:buttrock  YNWA
lio

Postby NiftyNeil » Wed May 30, 2007 10:46 am

Quality news that Sami is staying. I'm made up.  :nod
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kukilon » Wed May 30, 2007 10:49 am

The mighty fin will still be with us!
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby Rupi » Wed May 30, 2007 11:55 am

The news is confirmed in the official website:

Sami Hyypia insists he has no plans to leave Liverpool despite speculation linking him with a summer move

Link

Good news! Hyvää Sami!

-----------

"In my time at Liverpool we always said we had the best two teams in Merseyside, Liverpool and Liverpool reserves." Bill Shankly
Rupi

Postby ConnO'var » Thu May 31, 2007 3:53 pm

Excellent news..... I don't think he's capable of being 1st choice anymore.... but he's been a fantastic servant of the club and is a more than adequate back up imo..... plus, i believe he'll have plenty to teach the young 'uns bout what it means to be a right proper centre back.....

on ya Sammi!!

:D :D
ConnO'var

Postby SAFC_1981 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:03 am

Been in our local paper recently that Sunderland are after him. Personally think he would be a brilliany signing for us, and I would love to see him at the SoL
Twas the fith of may, in nineteen hundred and seventy three...
SAFC_1981

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion